Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 16, 2019, 10:03:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How old is your bichon?  (Read 2297 times)
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« on: April 15, 2016, 11:17:55 AM »

Just an idle thought (always dangerous when I think lol).  How old is your bichon?  Is Pepe now the oldest on the forum at 15 and a 7 months or is there anyone older?  Poppy is 14 and my baby Bengy is 12.  How did that happen?
Pam

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:39:44 AM »

Te he. They are the senior statesmen of the board! That's not a bad thing at all! Darwin is about to turn 7. Yikes. I still think of him as a puppy. The vet said about about his recent eye lump 'that usually happens with young dogs' and I was confused because I still see him as a 'young dog'! I do like that bit of mature calm he has adopted recently, though.

pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »

nodding Love the idea of mature calm Chris.  Can you please send us some of that?  
We have just had the kitchen painted and the woodwork is still at that tacky stage.  They are driving my husband round the bend wandering back and forwards just centimetres from the wet paint.  He could do with mature calm never mind the dogs
pam
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:46:55 PM by pam » Logged

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 01:50:50 PM »

My oldest is Willy, 13 years. 

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 05:15:56 PM »

Sandie, do you think Willy is growing more sedate? I might be wrong, but I don't think he jumped on you in the video you posted about your return home . And I noticed how he stuck to the path in Grey Court rather than running around with the others.
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 12:28:43 PM »

Isn't it worrying as they get older Sandie? I find myself patting Pepe in the middle of the night to check he is still breathing.
Take care Willy
Pam

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 05:41:07 PM »

Sandie, do you think Willy is growing more sedate? I might be wrong, but I don't think he jumped on you in the video you posted about your return home . And I noticed how he stuck to the path in Grey Court rather than running around with the others.

Willy SEDATE???  He arrived here at age 8 and I am STILL waiting for him to slow down.  hyper  Willy is a problem solver and as such, he is CONSTANTLY in trouble.  devil

He did not jump up on me, true.  Willy has hip dysplasia and severe arthritis in both knees and both hips.  This is why we had to stop Agility.  Injury I keep him on meds for it, but I didn't bother the pet sitter with that.  Willy needs 2 different eye drops 3 times per day to save his eyesight, so I had them do that.  The drops have to be 10 minutes apart.  He is very good for his eye drops; he can be a pain with his pill, which I bury in some wet food.  I will find it on the floor after he has finished eating; spits it out.   vomit  I knew they weren't going to keep up on that.

He does run about with the others.  That was just Willy being quirky, staying on the path for those 2 minutes of video.  Actually he was "LEADING" me.  Willy is not an alpha dog, he is a beta - an alpha wanna be, who will never make it.  He will get into a fight with another dog; alpha dogs do not fight, they use body language to command respect.   So now and then he plays at being in charge.

Isn't it worrying as they get older Sandie?

I sure did worry when I had Sugar (cancer) and Marlin (dementia).  But so far Willy shows no signs of getting older, lol.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »

Abby is 10 and I still get comments thinking she's a pup even after 3 knee surgeries.People are shocked when I say her age.

They just keep getting better and better as they get older.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: