Author Topic: Fake peeing  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Terri

• Fake Pretend Sea Captain
  • Global Moderator
  • Super G.O.D.
Fake peeing
« on: February 24, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
OK, So here's a new one. (at least for Belle) She no longer goes potty on the pee pad, she likes to go out instead, so fine, outside it is.  :blink:

Except she fake pees...(I call it blowing air) She squats and goes right away, then she wanders around, and then she'll squat for like 15 seconds and just pretends to go,

she continues to wander around checking her pee mail and just basically hanging out in the yard. I have no idea what's going on, so I thought I'd ask you guys...any ideas?

Offline Freedom (Sandie)

• Methuen, MA, USA
  • Super G.O.D.
  • Methuen, MA, USA
Re: Fake peeing
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »
Marking her territory?  Except, as she already peed and emptied her bladder, there is nothing to squirt for marking?

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma

Offline darwinsmom (Chris)

• GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 01:08:38 AM »
My sister's shih tzu does that. I also assume it is marking, but I'm not sure. Whether there is any actual urine in his bladder seems to be irrelevant.

Offline Alison

• Super G.O.D.
  • Abby ( South Wales )
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 07:43:13 PM »
I was thinking maybe marking.Abby will just do drops when out for a walk and marking .

Does she seem well in herself? If she has any cystitis she may have some bladder irritation making her still feel like she needs to go

Offline Terri

• Global Moderator
  • Super G.O.D.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 07:26:28 PM »
She's been to the vet because of a UTI and actually that's when it started.
at least that's when I started noticing it anyway. I'll double check with the vet just to be sure it's not something medical.
 I just find her behavior has changed so much since we moved. She won't go potty inside at all. I have a pee pad in the bathroom, and she completely ignores it.
Her crate is in there and she does go in but she'll only go potty outside.
She has peed on my bed twice, both times with Jim and I sitting right there, I didn't really yell at her, Just more or less the shock of seeing it and saying "Belle...whaddya doing?"  I think with her personality/behavior change, the fact that she sometimes doesn't act like herself. She stares at the wall...I'm worried about doggy dementia. She's only 10, I don't know if that's too young.
(could be I'm a worry wart too and reading too much into all of this)

Offline Alison

• Super G.O.D.
  • Abby ( South Wales )
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »
Aw,I hope it isn't anything serious.They are such creatures of habit maybe its just the move.You've been there a while now,haven't you? I hope things settle soon.

Offline pam

• ENTHUSIAST
  • bichons rule
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
No advice to offer Terri but didn't want to ignore your post.  I do hope things improve - 10 is just a youngster honest.
Pam

Offline lucca

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
Hi Terri,  I've just read your blog and hope Belle is back to normal.  I notice you said that you had moved recently and wondered if she was having a bit of a problem adjusting.   We travel around quite a lot with our 3 year old Bichon Bolognese and have noticed she displays anxiety in a new place by altering her pee habits.  It might be that she has to pee on the way back from a walk because she did not know the place on the way out.  Or she might pee all the way around a patch of grass and only pee there no matter how far she's walked.  And she gets quite upset in a city if she has to pee on the pavement (sidewalk) but only the first time. 
I felt so sorry for Belle when you said that she stares at the wall.
Realy hope she's feeling better.

Offline Terri

• Global Moderator
  • Super G.O.D.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
Thanks everyone. The vet didn't really have much on this topic, I guess it's just Belle being Belle. :laughing: