Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
November 11, 2019, 07:38:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Lacey, how I miss you already!  (Read 13965 times)
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« on: July 27, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »

My Lacey Dacey was PTS this afternoon. She was between 12 and 14 years old.

She woke me screaming bout 6 AM. I had to call a neighbor to come help me get her on a board and into the car, and I got her to the ER vet. Initially, her blood pressure was high, heart rate rapid, blood glucose extremely high. They started fluids to try to get her stabilized. I left her with them for blood work and tests.

A few hours later the vet called. Ultrasound showed multiple masses in both her liver and spleen, enlarged lymph nodes in her stomach, enlarged heart, both kidneys had extensive damage and were shutting down. They were not able to lower her blood pressure and get her stabilized.

In a way, I knew this was coming. She'd been losing weight, and having trouble eating. The regular vet did a blood work up on her and that showed all well, which meant most likely she had cancer, something was eating up her calories. We decided to wait and see what developed. But NOTHING showed up until this morning.

We all went walkies at Bridgham Farm yesterday. Lacey was so excited, she whined the entire ride over, running to look out first one window then another. She enjoyed the walk, trotting here and there, sniffing smells. Last night at bedtime, she climbed the stairs onto my bed, did her little race around the bed and then did her dig-dig-dig that she often did prior to settling down.

My sweet girl, Mommy's Girl, is gone. I can't hardly take in, just yet.   She lived with me for a bit over 6 years.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:41:17 PM by Freedom (Sandie) » Logged

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
susie l
NOVICE

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 06:45:46 PM »

My heart is breaking for you.....  So sorry.....Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this evening.     R.I.P. Lacey.....

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:05 PM »

Sandie,

How sad for you to lose Lacey but now she is part of your flock waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.  My heart goes out to you again and , hopefully, your pain will soon be offset by the wonderful memories of her time with you.  She was such a little sweetheart and she will be so missed. 

Thanks Del
Chellie
Tipperary, Ireland
G.O.D.

3 Little Pink Ladies

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »

So sorry Sandie  cry1

Run free wee Lacey  Girl-on-cloud9 until we meet again  angel

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »

I'm so very sorry Sandie.

bKay, Bullett & Coco
NOVICE

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »

Sandie, you rescued this little one and she had a great life with you and all of her 4 legged family - right up until the very end.   Her last day was exciting and fun for her and with confidence she circled and fluffed up her bed for a good nights sleep.  I know it rips your heart out with her passing and the rest of the gang will be missing her as well.  My heart goes out to you.  Kay

nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 09:28:50 PM »

Crying I'm so sorry Sandie

BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 10:59:38 PM »

Sandie, I am so sorry that Lacey has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. As Kay said, she had so many great experiences with you, right up to her last day.

It is a beautiful thing that you could make her life as wonderful as any fluff deserves for those 6 years. My thoughts are with you. 

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »

Sandie, Lacey was so very lucky to have found you, as you were to rescue her. It was a short time, but it was the best. My heart goes out to you, I understand your pain.  cry1

Thank you Alison!
lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 04:00:09 AM »

Sandie, I saw this on Facebook and can't stop thinking about you!  Hug

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 05:00:21 AM »

I'm so sorry Sandie.

How wonderful that she had such a great last day enjoying her walk and them falling asleep in bed with you. Thats the part that matters, that you made that possible for her.

Then you did the most loving thing of all helping her to have a peaceful ending with you right by her side.

I can only imagine how sad you must be, but I know how grateful Lacey is.Alison

Wilmot
NOVICE

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 08:38:21 AM »

Oh Sandie, we are so sorry to hear of Lacey's passing. Our thoughts are with you..................

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 09:35:06 AM »

Sandie, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Crying
I'll always remember Lacey Dacey Wub.

And she lives on forever in your heart. heart

MattiesMom (MaryEllen)
SassySue and MattieMay
GURU

SassySue and MattieMay

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 10:49:40 AM »

Lacey was the last of your original four (the four you had when I first met you: Ozzy, Sugar, Marlin, and Lacey).  She was a doll who thought she was a human.  She had to have a chair for herself at our meetups or she "visited" other people's chairs (sometimes with the people still in them).  What a personality she was.  I want to remember her smiling and enjoying the good conversations we had at meetups and puppy play.  There will never be another Lacey!  I keep thinking about that rainbow we saw on Friday night, the second one this July.  I've never seen 2 rainbows in month before in my life and it left me wondering what it meant.  Now I know.  It was there for Lacey.  I will miss you, sweet Lacey. 

Sandie, you gave this girl such a happy life with you.   She had the best food, training, vet care, and fun that a dog can get.  Please be proud of what you did for this girl.  I know you will miss her and the coming days will be hard, but try and remember all the good times.  My condolences to you and your fluffy family.

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »

I commented on this on Facebook but wanted to say again how sorry I am for your loss.  You've had a rough go of late.   comfort and  Hug

Try to remember the things Mary Ellen mentioned - the good life you gave her - and her wonderful last day with you - going for walkies, digging in the bed - and your wonderful Lacey Dacey.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »

Thank you.  This thread and the comments in the other one mean SO much to me.  I've been reading and re reading them all day.  Miss my girl so much.

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 02:46:21 PM »

comfort Thinking of you.  sad

Thank you Alison!
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 05:42:33 AM »

Still thinking of you Sandie comfort (& Lacey fluffangel).  MaryEllen's "original 4" comment choked me up Crying because that was precisely what I was thinking yesterday.  I like to think that Lacey angel is now romping sitting on a very comfy-chair wink1 watching the others romp at Rainbow Bridge with Ozzy angel, Sugar angel, Marlin angel, and Ben angel (your 1 week foster); and also all the other beloved Bichons angel & doggies angel awaiting reunion with their humans.  And oh what a reunion it will be for them angel angel angel angel & you.  Know that Lacey's angel best years (Ozzy's angel, Sugar's angel, Marlin's angel too) were spent with you.  You were their angel angelwings on earth. (((((hugs))))))

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »

Yes I'd been thinking she was the last of the original 4 - they all arrived here within 8 months.  This current group are my second wave.  Losing the last of the 4, makes me cry -- as does everything, just now. 

I've been thinking how Lacey came to live with me, all the things we did together over the 6+ years, just keep crying.  Going to take myself to the Y and exercise, can't hurt (I eat when I am sad) and may help.  Lacey was my heart dog, we had a special connection, something I never had with the others.

pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »

I am so sorry for your loss Sandie.  What a happy 6 years Lacey had with you.  Run free Little One
Pam

BB56 (Donna)
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 01:01:18 PM »

I am so sorry Sandie to hear of Lacey's passing. My heart breaks for you as I know how difficult this is right now. Lacey was so fortunate to have spent the last 6 years with you and it sounds like you too were blessed to have her in your life. I hope time brings you some comfort and you can smile remembering her and the joy and happiness you shared together.  comfort

Thanks Alison!
bokie
NOVICE

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 01:51:26 PM »

Sandie, you are the angel for these furbabies. I am sorry for your loss, but we all know Lacey lived a happy life under your roof with your exceptional care.

There's probably nothing better could have happened to her other than meeting you and being part of your family. You for sure are the love of her life. Once again, thank you for rescuing the fluffs.

Take care! We are all here thinking of you and your crew.

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 06:13:54 AM »

I'm so sorry Sandie, I should have signed in here sooner instead of finding out after the fact. I'm sorry.

RIP little angel. The world will miss you Lacey.

Sandie, I'm sending my love and hugs to you. I can only imagine how sad you are. Crying

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »

Thank you, Pam, Donna, Bokie and Terry.  Each day is a bit easier.

Jiliebeane
NOVICE

I love Bichon.c Message Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »

I haven't been on here for a few days, and thought to check on everyone. I had lost my Bailey this past January. My heart aches for you so much, I am so sorry, Sandie...this is just so difficult to get through. Please know I am thinking of you. Our furbabies are our children, they add so much to our lives.

Sending comfort...Bailey's Mom
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 08:05:03 PM »

Thank you for posting.  I re read this thread many times each day.

jmeechin
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »

Very sorry Sandie.  Times like this are so difficult.  Thinking of you.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »

Thank you for posting here, Jane.

Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »

My condolences on the passing of your little Lacey.  sorry1  Very sad to lose your little pal/constant companion.  The good thing is that she is racing around in heaven, without pain and that she thinks of mommy, her brothers and sisters from a great place where there is only love.

Again, my deepest sympathies on the passing your beautiful Lacey.  Crying

Sincerely,

Ken, Leslie and Schnoppy

jmeechin
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »

Sandie, it is so hard to lose a loved one.  She brought you much happiness as you did her.  I am sure she is at Rainbow Bridge smiling down at you and saying "Thank you Mom"

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »

Thank you Ken, Leslie and Schnoppy, and thanks again Jane.

It's been 2 weeks and still, I keep seeing her EVERYWHERE. 

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 05:45:32 PM »

Been thinking of you and hoping that you are doing better. Lacey's sweet little spirit is everywhere- watching over you and the rest of the furbabies.  So glad that you have Tony to help you and your babies  and you know that Lacey would approve. 

Traci
NOVICE

Bichon.ca

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »

Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about Lacey. For those of us who have been there we understand. Time does heal the heart. But it is tough. Lacey was so lucky to have you. RIP Lacey. I hope things work out with your dad as well. Traci & her crew.
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2013, 08:05:50 PM »

Thank you, Traci.

Lacey and Tasha have almost the same face, so I often look at Tasha and give a little gasp!

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: