Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
November 20, 2019, 07:25:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lulu needs your prayers --> Lulu has passed  (Read 11089 times)
liz
NOVICE

« on: January 27, 2013, 08:21:29 PM »

Don't know if this even posted in the correct category but my head is all over the place.  crybaby

Lulu is one of Maisie's puppies and is 5 months old.  She is intensive care and fighting for her life.  sad

She belongs to my niece and collapsed this morning on the floor.  She was rushed to the Vets where she was given x-rays, blood tests, Valium and put on a drip.  It was discovered that a biscuit had lodged in throat and was causing her breathing probs.  I could not understand how one piece of puppy kibble could have caused that until the next phone call.

Her blood results came back and there was a high salt content in her blood which caused swelling to her brain.  Now the jigsaw fits.  She's had an allergic reactin to PEANUTS.  Yes - you heard all right.  She had got into her hu-sisters bag and stolen the peanuts.  Even although they were taken from her she still had a taste of the salt and a lick at the nuts.  Anaphalactic shock which would cause her oesophogus to swell.

Her sight has come back = yes she lost that too.  She cannot stand up.  Some stimulus has worked in that they can pinch her toes and there is a slight reaction.  She is on more medication and we will know more in the morning although the Vet does not hold out much hope. They think she is severely brain damaged.

I have cried all day and still srying as I write this.  Let this be a lesson - and watch your fluffs with eagle eyes.  Plerase help us bring this little girl hme, who just loves life and who always embraced it to the full.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »

Oh no, I'm so sorry! You have our prayers that she makes a full recovery and thanks for the lesson, too.

bKay, Bullett & Coco
NOVICE

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »

This is terrible new, Liz.  I've heard they can be allergic to peanuts, chocolate and grapes before but never knew how severe the reaction would be.  You are right, we need to watch them very closely.  Healing prayers to Lulu and to comfort the family that loves her.  Please keep us up to date.  Kay

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »

Thanks ladies but Lulu has lost her fight for life.  She died this evening.

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »

Little lulu lost her fight for life this evening.  The reason why is ina pevious post.  If there a typos inthis I can't stop crying.

Lulu - Litinaz Dream Sunrise.  7th August 2012 - 27th January 2013.

RIP little angel.  angel

Philb
NOVICE

Pippi

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:19:43 PM »

I am so very sorry. I know what it is like to lose something you love. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 09:30:19 PM »

OH my  Crying I am so very sorry to hear this Lizzie.  cry1 I have never heard of a canine reacting so, going into anaphalactic shock from a peanut allergy, I've only heard of it in humans. Nobody could have known or understood until it was too late. What a horrible shame for all of you, my heart goes out to you.

Thank you Alison!
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »

Hugs Lizzie.  cry2 My heart is breaking for you and all involved, I'm so very sorry this has happened.

Thank you Alison!
liz
NOVICE

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »

Here's a oic of our little darling.

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:29:04 PM »

Lizzie, my heart is breaking for you. cry1 cry1 cry1 cry1 cry1 
My birthday-litter.... Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying (& such a beautiful baby she grew up to be)
I wish I was there to comfort you.  Know that my thoughts & prayers are with you.

Run free at Rainbow Bridge, Lulu fluffangel.  Find Ben angel, Babe angel and all the other Bichon-angels angel.

Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »

Oh, Liz. How very sad. Such a tiny little fluff, but loved so much in that short time. Hugs to you and your neice and family. I understand how very precious each and every one of your little puppies are to you - it shows in every one of your posts. Like many others here I'm sure, I had no idea that nut allergies could affect our little fluffers. Please know that you are all in my thoughts tonight.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »

I'm so very sorry, Liz. I hoped and prayed it would have turned out differently.

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 11:46:14 PM »

I just popped in and found this and am lost for words.  Such a tragic accident and so very unfair and so easy to happen to any of us.  I just picked Riley up on to my knee and he grabbed some bread off my plate and scoffed it before I had a chance to see what he was doing.. it can happen that quick.  So sorry for you and your families loss Liz.

Another Terri creation
lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:34 AM »

This is awful and so unexpected! I am thinking that it is often suggested that we hide pills in peanut butter.
My heart goes out to you Lizzie!  comfort

Josselyn
NOVICE

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 03:09:50 AM »

This is so awful  Crying  I can't even imagine what you are going through.
My thought are with you.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: