Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
December 05, 2019, 10:12:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you give your fluffs for Christmas  (Voting closed: December 28, 2012, 08:39:30 PM)
Stocking full of treats and toys - 8 (28.6%)
New harness or lead - 4 (14.3%)
New bed or blankets - 4 (14.3%)
A special meal - 6 (21.4%)
A big hug - 6 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: For those who celebrate Christmas, what do you do for your fluffs?  (Read 114434 times)
BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« on: November 28, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »

I'm just wondering what everyone does for their fluffs for Christmas. 

Bella has a stocking and usually gets a few wrapped items, too.  Her stocking is pretty sizeable, though, so I may just fill that this year. 

I ordered her a very nice leather step-in harness (and matching lead) because the expensive and stylish Buddy Belt is breaking her coat on the crest of her neck, to the point where you can see a dent in the shape of the harness when its off!  She only wears it during walks, too. 

Her other major gift will be a flexible Les Pooches brush - since I went for a Bichon-brushing lesson and learned how to use it.  I always thought they looked like torture devices, but Bella didn't mind it all and it did a great job. 

Other than that, she'll get some toys and refills of her favorite treats, including those clean apple bones that Sandie discovered.  Bella still flips out with excitement for each one.

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 08:48:10 PM »

We have usually gone all out, our old rotti, Hannah, got spoilt with new toys every year and she was able to find her presents under the tree every year.  It was amazing.  One year the kids brought their stockings up to our bed as they always did, and Hannah came up all excited, we said to her..'okay you can go and get one of your presents'.. she went downstairs to the tree and came back with a present in her mouth.. it was hers!  Not food either, a pink bone soft toy.  Riley has not been in to toys since Hannah died so he doesn't get much now.  Last year a new collar and lead, he is getting the same this year..same one even lol, I found the same one listed after Christmas last year half the price so bought it then since I knew it looked so nice.  Hope might just get a big bone this year.  She is not really in to Christmas like Hannah was.

Another Terri creation
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »

Max usually get some kind of gift although likely fancy chews or treats of some kind as he's just not into toys (although he still love the lamb the Lorraine, Ella and Gabby sent him) and I always pick up some kind of Christmasy apparel - collar, t-shirt, whatever strikes my fancy.  We also always get him professionally groomed in December while doing it ourselves the rest of the year.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »

Rae, LOVE your new Christmas siggy!  Can't find da birdies, but thinking they must be there someplace.

My fluffs don't know one day from another, so we don't do much different.  They get some extra added to their food, if I don't have any of our stuff then I open a can for them.  I make sure to take them for walkies (weather permitting) that is what they love.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:16:06 AM »

Belle's stocking has some goodies and a toy or two. Nothing much.

She mostly sleeps during our festivities. Laughing

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »

I usually buy my 2 a few new toys, but they already have so many- I weed out the old ones to get new ones.  I usually make them some special bones/treats.  I do not have stockings for the furbabies I just wrap their presents. 

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 11:55:54 AM »

Darwin has a stocking that my oldest daughter made for him and I let them pick out a few toys and treats to put in it.

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

My fluffs have stockings and every year I find something to put in them, toys, chews and treats. The stuffed toys I wrap and they open theirs when we open ours. I always shop for them in the name of Christmas too, like buying a new harness or item of clothing, but I don't wrap it or anything as they couldn't care less, I just tell my husband, oh I bought that for them for  Merry Xmas to justify my purchase.  eyebrows
This year I bought them a grooming table!  woohoo It just arrived, I bought it on a Black Friday sale. As I said, in the name of Christmas, but they will NOT appreciate it at all.  Laughing
We have also picked up the 2012 stuffed animals that Petsmart promotes each year. Luigi had the 2010 one that he loved, until he totally  de stuffed it and I threw it away. Last year they sold out before we could get one, so this year I made sure I picked them up as soon as they were released, and these are the gifts I will wrap. I also have new harnesses for them to wear on Christmas Day. They really don't need anything else so I shouldn't be wasting money, but it is so easy to spoil them.  nodding
Christmas is the one day they get people food too. I never feed my fluffs anything but kibble, but since we go to my sister's house for dinner the fluffs get a small bowl of cooked turkey after we finish eating.
Oh the joys of being cute and fluffy.  inlove

Thank you Alison!
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »

We've done all of them.Abby just loves opening her wrapped pressies.Alison
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:25:47 PM by Alison » Logged

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »

This year I bought them a grooming table!  woohoo

Lin, didn't realize you had a mean streak!   Laugh Hysterical Laugh Hysterical Laugh Hysterical

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »

LOL! YES a torture table!!!!!!  Laugh Hysterical

Thank you Alison!
BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 07:59:06 PM »

Thanks for replying!  Its fun to read all the replies.  I like the torture table gift idea Laugh Hysterical and I totally understand shopping in the name of Christmas!   nodding  Bella won't have to wait for Santa  santa1 to get brushed with her new slicker.  Lucky lady!  Stick Out Tongue

That was a sweet story about RB Hanna and her true Christmas spirit.  Wub  My dog, Skippy, from childhood would carry his new Christmas toy around the room and individually show it to each family member, tail happily swishing.  Its something I will never forget.  blush

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 06:14:08 AM »

Great question/poll, Kelly! thumbsup  I remember asking the same question question a few years ago (lemme go find it....) here it is (I think some of us, and some of you newbies, will enjoy reading what we wrote/bought Happy 2).

I checked all 5 options reindeer..... Bianca has celebrated many Christmases , so I've done all of the above.  This year (like previous years), I don't know Mellow what to get her.  What do you buy for a fluff who has everything? thinking  

One thing is for sure though nodding, she will have a sumptous feast hungry (prime rib or turkey or something equally delicious ).

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 06:21:47 AM »

.....I just tell my husband, oh I bought that for them for  Merry Xmas to justify my purchase.  eyebrows

This year I bought them a grooming table!  woohoo It just arrived, I bought it on a Black Friday sale. As I said, in the name of Christmas, but they will NOT appreciate it at all.  Laughing

Lin, I had such a good laugh Laugh and Bounce at your post.  I use the 'justification' whistling all the time!  Although NOT for items I bought for Bianca; more for items I bought for MYSELF!! Laughing (think Bichon collectibles!)

PS: I'd Love word to see your torture room setup devil new grooming table.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: