Author Topic: Breeders in North Carolina or any close state :D  (Read 3026 times)

Offline bflover

Breeders in North Carolina or any close state :D
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »
HI! I am new to this forum! My name is Mon and I have been reading around here about bichons! I have finally decided to get one this summer! Yay! I plan on getting one around June 16 onwards hopefully before school starts on aug 21. My dilemma is though where to get it. I have searched for breeders mainly online but have not been able to find one that I really like! I hope to get a list or something about breeders that I can maybe contact or something! Recommend some for me please! THANKS a lot!

Princess Lucy Loulou

Re: Breeders in North Carolina or any close state :D
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:37:12 AM »
Sorry I cant help cos i'm in the UK  :ukflag:, just wanted to wish you luck in finding your new Bichon :pacifier:  :thumbup:

Offline Alison

• Super G.O.D.
  • Abby ( South Wales )
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 05:53:44 AM »
Welcome to the group.I can't help either as I'm also in the UK,but wanted to say good luck with finding th right one.Alison

Offline joycethree

• NOVICE
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Sometimes you have to go where the best dogs are.  I live in South Carolina and found my new puppy in Texas.  I flew out last Friday to get her, but most breeders ship dogs to you.  The same day I picked up Dixie, the breeder put two puppies on planes by themselves.  I found her on nextdaypets.com.  I loved the breeder (small, individual, one litter at a time).  She has a great pedigree. - Joyce

Offline bflover

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
Thank you for all the welcomes!  Well, I was hoping I could see the puppy first before I get it but that is an option that I could use! I am not sure about shipping the little wee baby though haha, my mom did that to me when i was a kid, literally! shipped me to another country when i was 7 and i was so scared lol.

Offline joycethree

• NOVICE
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »
I'm with you on shipping them alone, that's why I had to go get mine.  She was scared enough flying with me!  That is so sad that you had to fly to another country alone at 7.  I just let my 17 year old daughter fly to Virginia by herself and I was a nervous wreck!

I don't know how much you were planning on spending, but there is a breeder in North Carolina listed on the AKC website.  He didn't have any dogs when I was looking, but said he would have a litter this summer.  They were a little more than I spent on Dixie, but I probably would have felt comfortable with his dogs.  Just go to the AKC website and look for breeders in North Carolina. - Joyce

Offline Andrea

• G.O.D.
  • Noah
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »
Mon, I live in North Carolina and got my precious Noah from a breeder, Parmele Bichons in Wilmington.  There is also another great breeder in Asheville, Lily White.  I know that Terrell, the breeder in Wilmington does not have any puppies right now bu you can check both of their websites to see what is available.  Good luck with your search for a  :fluff: furbaby.

Offline Freedom (Sandie)

• Methuen, MA, USA
  • Super G.O.D.
  • Methuen, MA, USA
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »
If you haven't already done this, you will want to read the info on Breeders found on the Bichon Information Station.  Here is a link:

http://www.bichonfriseusa.com/

Scroll down, watch the left column for:  BREEDERS

Good luck!
Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma

Offline Ellasmummy

• Life is Short - Walk your Fluffers NAKED!
  • NOVICE
  • Crys - Mommers to Ella, Cash and Jengo
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 07:30:46 PM »
Just wanted to wish u luck :) Fluffers enrich our lives and everyone should have one! and Welcome!

Offline bflover

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm still looking for one as I need want one on the 2nd week of june but most breeders have puppies ready now :(.