Author Topic: Pup and toddler?  (Read 10738 times)

Offline irishbichon

• NOVICE
Re: Pup and toddler?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 04:15:21 PM »
Ok here's what is goin on, I thought about a rescue dog and if it wasn't for my daughter I'd have the 2 rescue boys in my house now but I can't do it with her, the poor lil things were abandoned for a reason and I don't think I could trust them ( not that you can trust any dog with kids but ya know what I mean)
So I started looking into proper responsible breeders and contacted the kennel club and was told to talk to this lady who is irelands leading lady with her show bichons, rang her and she recently had 3 pups but thought there was only going to be 2, she doesn't normally sell her pups she just breeds to show but has a little boy pup now. She bred her b*t*h with a top dog over in uk and said he pup comes from a very strong line
I was so excited, normally you would have to put your name down and wait a long time for a dog like this, so I spoke to my hubbie and he ain't budging at all, not a bit, I'm so upset, a chance like this doesn't come very often

Offline Freedom (Sandie)

• Methuen, MA, USA
  • Super G.O.D.
  • Methuen, MA, USA
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »
What is his concern?

- he is not over w/grieving for Millie, it is too soon for him
- doesn't want a male
- doesn't want a puppy
- doesn't want another dog EVER AGAIN.
- doesn't want to spend the money (I am thinking this baby must be costly?)

Or something else?
Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma

Offline Lin

• G.O.D.
  • Snug as a bug in a rug
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
 :sorry1: to hear hubby is not on board.  Listen to his reasoning, give your rebuttal, but if his answer is a firm"real" no, then I wouldn't bring a new pup into the mix.
I think my husband said no to Luigi, but then said let's go look and I said we better have a cash deposit on us just in case.
Then with Lia, he said NO, then a month later he said NO, then a month later he said NO, then I found a litter, showed him pictures of the litter online and he said okay we better go now so we get first pick!  :LOL:
Good Luck!

Thank you Alison!

Offline Alison

• Super G.O.D.
  • Abby ( South Wales )
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 05:15:34 PM »
Thats just the reason I chose not to have a rescue dog as I have kids ( I have had several difficult rescue cats ).

Sorry hubby is not as keen.I was thinking maybe get him to see him.It might just be he's more upset then you realise.Good luck.Alison

Offline irishbichon

• NOVICE
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 05:53:23 PM »
It's a firm no, not now not ever.... He wasn't too keen on getting Millie when we got her but I talked him around, as much as he loved her she drove him mad at times bless her
It's not the money, it'd be my dog and my expense, I'd do the training and cleaning also as I did with Millie
I'm super upset, getting excited about a new dog made me feel happy today but now I'm just so sad and it's so unfair Millie was taken from us, it doesn't make sense to me why he won't have a dog when we had one a few weeks ago
I really thought he'd change his mind, I said it straight out to him that if he had any intention of ever getting another one then not too many chances like this would come
The website for the breeder is ashmair Bichon frise if any of you fancy googling it and peeking, the pup is not there but his mam is ashmair hey there dehlila

Offline Alison

• Super G.O.D.
  • Abby ( South Wales )
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »
Wyn and I both said no more dogs after a very difficult life with health problems for many years with our Westie.After a year of nagging from our boys I was coming around to getting a Cairn Terrier.We all agreed on adding another pair of cats ( we already had 2 ) and definatly no dog.After another year of nagging from the boys I knew I'd give in in the end although I'd prefer another cat.Wyn was reluctant,but wavering when I said I'd look after it.I did a lot of research and went to meet some adult Bichons.I knew I'd commit and care for it after I brought it home even if I'd prfer not to.

We met Abby and were instantly besotted.I prefer being with Abby to anyone else in the world.My husband always says he won't ask who I'd choose in a "him or the dog " as he knows his place.

Keep talking about it and wear him down and I'm sure an armful of fluff will come one day.Alison

Offline irishbichon

• NOVICE
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »
That's so funny Alison, I loved Millie more than my husband and everyone who knew me knew that! This little boy pup won't be around for long, I'll try convince him to look at him tomorrow, did anyone check out the site and have any opinions?
Btw you girls are the best, you all have really helped me get through the last two weeks, I still cry myself to sleep but I'm not bursting onto tears during the day so much unless my daughter starts calling " mee mee"

Offline Alison

• Super G.O.D.
  • Abby ( South Wales )
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »
Its a lovely web site and they all look adorable.

Whatever happens we'd love you to stick around.We all can imagine how you feel and most if us have been there.Alison

Offline irishbichon

• NOVICE
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »
Thanks a mill alison, this is my only little link left with the Bichon world at the mo, maybe I will gather some pics of Millie and post them in the memorial section when I'm back home tomorrow xx

Offline Lin

• G.O.D.
  • Snug as a bug in a rug
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
 :cry:  :comfort:

Thank you Alison!

Offline Andrea

• G.O.D.
  • Noah
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »
Beautiful bichons and a nice site.  I do hope that your husband may change his mind, but I would be hesitant to get a new puppy if he is so adamant. I am so sorry and really feel your disappointment and pain.  I hope that the memories of Mollie will bring you some peace and that there will be a day that is right for the addition of a new bichon. 

Rawfed

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 07:51:26 AM »
I think it depends on the Bichon`s personality. Some Bichon puppies are natural born baby lovers. Some might be a little jealous, and some might be scared.

I think it`s a nice idea for you to get a Bichon again. It will help you heal.  As long as you`re ready for one and you find the right one that will love your toddler and that your toddler will love and be gentle around, I think it would be a good thing.

Rawfed

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »
Aw I just read the posts on page two. That`s too bad your husband is giving a firm no. I think he needs to understand that it`s important to you. I wish someone else could talk to him too and convince him. He sees how sad you are, surely he should be wanting to help do anything to cheer you up.

I`m going to go check out that breeder`s page now. I am hoping your hubby will change his mind. I think you should keep bugging him, he`ll eventually have to give in.

Just make sure that if you get this male pup, the breeder shows you health papers for his parents and hopefully grandparents.  You`ll want to make sure she does hip certification and eye certification especially. Also the knees must be cleared in the parents and grandparents. If she won`t show you health test results, then go somewhere else.

Offline Alison

• Super G.O.D.
  • Abby ( South Wales )
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
I will gather some pics of Millie and post them in the memorial section when I'm back home tomorrow xx

Please do we'd love to see them and talk about her all you want we will love sharing your memories and stories.Alison

Offline irishbichon

• NOVICE
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 04:32:41 PM »
Will have to put up pics tomorrow, have not taken lap top out yet today ( on i phone now) he wouldn't even go look at the pup today, I dunno he seems pretty set in his mind, I've always been a pretty good wife- accepting the numerous motor bike or cars he comes home with, going away with the lads to race tracks across Europe, doing 100% of housework...well I tell ya ladies that's all about to change! Excuse me for going so off topic here it's just I'm a grown woman in her own house and don't see why I can't have a dog!!!!!
Men!