Author Topic: Getting a new boy from same breeder?  (Read 14063 times)

Offline EDDEL

• Bichon Besotted Mom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Super G.O.D.
  • living in sunny SINGAPORE!
    • CASA BIANCA!
Re: Getting a new boy from same breeder?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 01:13:39 AM »
:wave: "arwen", I moved :sorcerer: your thread here ([Getting A Bichon] board).  Nothing you did wrong, don't worry......
this board is where all questions :question: about breeders, price, breed standards, registrations etc, are grouped. :thumbsup:

Like the others before me, I wouldn't :no2: buy my next puppy :pacifier: from Drako's :angel: breeder.  We always talk about how we don't regret getting our Bichons :wub:, even if we had got them from a pet store or a backyard breeder, because we didn't know any better then :ashamed:.  But going forward, you have the opportunity to make an informed decision :graduate: (based on research/homework and input from well-meaning Bichon-loving friends).

Drako :angel: will always live on in your heart :heart:, and I know how much you're missing him :cry:.  Getitng another Bichon no doubt will fill the void/emptiness that you're feeling :comfort:, and I'm all for you getting another.  Just not :no2: this breeder (my gut tells me).

PS: FYI, one of our members (Kathy) got her Bichon :fluff: (Snowy) from Bev.

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 02:26:03 AM »
Thanks for the link Mary Ellen, the location of that breeder is in the same province where my breeder is and i believed some of Drako's pedigree papers are from them they sound familiar I have to double check. I checked Drako's pedigree and he has 8 champion lines from his mom's and dad's side

I am also waiting to talk to another breeder from Whitby, Ontario, she shows her bichons, she also said that her pups have their eyes and legs certified.

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 02:35:12 AM »
Hi Eddel, thanks for moving my thread, I realized that I posted it to the wrong forum when I was browsing. I even tried to report it to the moderator, you :) but, ofcourse I got an error message that I cant report my on thread duhh. BTW can you give me a link to where I can find some of Kathy's puppy pics? thank you
:wave: "arwen", I moved :sorcerer: your thread here ([Getting A Bichon] board).  Nothing you did wrong, don't worry......
this board is where all questions :question: about breeders, price, breed standards, registrations etc, are grouped. :thumbsup:

Like the others before me, I wouldn't :no2: buy my next puppy :pacifier: from Drako's :angel: breeder.  We always talk about how we don't regret getting our Bichons :wub:, even if we had got them from a pet store or a backyard breeder, because we didn't know any better then :ashamed:.  But going forward, you have the opportunity to make an informed decision :graduate: (based on research/homework and input from well-meaning Bichon-loving friends).

Drako :angel: will always live on in your heart :heart:, and I know how much you're missing him :cry:.  Getitng another Bichon no doubt will fill the void/emptiness that you're feeling :comfort:, and I'm all for you getting another.  Just not :no2: this breeder (my gut tells me).

PS: FYI, one of our members (Kathy) got her Bichon :fluff: (Snowy) from Bev.

Offline EDDEL

• Bichon Besotted Mom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Super G.O.D.
    • CASA BIANCA!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »
Hi Eddel, thanks for moving my thread, I realized that I posted it to the wrong forum when I was browsing. I even tried to report it to the moderator, you :) but, ofcourse I got an error message that I cant report my on thread duhh. BTW can you give me a link to where I can find some of Kathy's puppy pics? thank you

No problem :original:.  And you can call me Del. :original:  What's your name? :original:  

Here are 2 photo threads posted by Cathy (I spelled her name wrongly :doh: this morning)
:arrow: It's a "Snowy" day today
:arrow: More Snowy pics

I am also waiting to talk to another breeder from Whitby, Ontario, she shows her bichons, she also said that her pups have their eyes and legs certified.
I think I know :nodding: which kennel you're talking about.  STARLIT BICHONS  right? :original:  
One of Bianca's (cyber) girlfriend :fluff: is a Starlit Bichon. :happy2:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:12:05 AM by EDDEL »

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »
No problem :original:.  And you can call me Del. :original:  What's your name? :original:  

Please call me Arwen  :wave:

And, yes I its Starlit Bichons , in Whitby Ontario. I also contacted via email, Heaven Bichon in Richmond, BC mentioned that she was recommended to me by a member of this forum. thanks Mary Ellen  :original:

Hubby still want me to get puppy from Drako's breeder, he have seen the pics sent to us and already inlove with the puppy even if its just a week old  :happy2: but, its okay i will keep her still on the list just in case nobody else interested to give me a puppy  :blush: and she seems pretty sorry when she learned Drako got pretty sick
I will keep everybody updated when i make up my mind. I really appreciate your inputs, I wish I had known this forum long time ago.

edited by Del to fix quotes for Arwen

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 12:09:49 PM by EDDEL »

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 12:17:52 AM »
I am so excited. Bev's recommended me to talk to her friend @ Almaza bichon and I just talked to her. I might get a boy sooner than i thought  :woohoo:

I will keep everybody updated ohh i am just so happy, nothing final yet but its close  :hyper: i just have to convince hubby now

Offline MattiesMom (MaryEllen)

• SassySue and MattieMay
  • GURU
  • SassySue and MattieMay
    • Our Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »
Oh, I'm so happy for you!  I'm glad I could help.  Best wishes, MaryEllen

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 12:40:01 AM »
Oh thank you MaryEllen, its was so nice of you. I just talked to Mike, we are still waiting for Almaza to send me the pictures. Mike is not yet too convince because he wanted a wee puppy but I might get an almost 2 year old champion pup instead  :swing:

:thankyou:

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »
What I am so happy about is, this is a healthy puppy with a good blood line, OFA'd (for hips), vet checked for Patellas, and CERF'd for eyes... what more can i ask?  :happy2:

Offline MattiesMom (MaryEllen)

• SassySue and MattieMay
  • GURU
  • SassySue and MattieMay
    • Our Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 12:48:43 AM »
Wow!  I'd be thrilled!  That is great news because he'll get a wonderful home and you won't have to go through all that puppy stuff.  Two is a great age for training and bonding.  I know!  I have a nearly 2 year old and she is just about perfect...still puppyish and playful, but getting to be so well behaved.  I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!  MaryEllen

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 01:07:15 AM »
I am still waiting for his pictures. Almaza said she can shipped him tomorrow if I want but I think I wont rush her, Its not yet really final but I think this boy is for me. You think he will adjust to us  still at that age? I hope he won't be too sad leaving his family. Oh I can only promise to give him all the spoiling he needed for sure.

Did you ever get to adopt a puppy at this age? I hope everything will work out well.

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 03:49:19 AM »
Hi Everyone, I was talking to Mike and he is not convinced that a 2yr old pup is for us.  :blush: I am so sorry for being so excited and even I told Almaza I would take her pup already. I have to call her in the morning and apologize. Hope she understands. Mike does not want to missed out on the puppyhood (potty training and all).

I hope Bev and Almaza will not be so mad at me. I will call both of them tomorrow.

Offline Alison

• Super G.O.D.
  • Abby ( South Wales )
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 06:53:38 AM »
I can understand why you got so excited.I'm sorry it didn't work out.I'm sure she won't be angry with you.I can see she has pups due in April,so maybe you could talk to her about those.Won't be long now.Alison

Offline EDDEL

• Bichon Besotted Mom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Super G.O.D.
    • CASA BIANCA!
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
....Mike does not want to missed out on the puppyhood (potty training and all).
That's so sweet.  As with all things, everyone has their preferences. :original:
No need to be sorry (and I'm sure Bev & her friend will understand :nodding:).
on your continued search for your baby boy :fluffcribB:.

Offline arwen

• NOVICE
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »
Thanks again for the encouragement Del, Allison.  :thankyou:

Yeah Mike is a softie with our  :fluff: as well, he and Drako used to have a special bonding time, Drako would usually sucky mike into a car ride, they cruise around town after work and weekends.

Meanwhile, I have a couple phone calls to make :begging: :begging: i am hoping for a good news