Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 10:21:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KIBBLE GRADING SYSTEM:: requests & questions  (Read 41151 times)
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« on: January 07, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »

This thread is for flowers members to request for brands/varieties of kibble to be graded, and any other questions they might have for kibble they're considering (to feed hungry their fluffs fluff).

"GRADES" of brands/varieties that has already been calculated, can be viewed book here in this thread.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:34:49 PM by EDDEL » Logged

natalie
26yrs, Jersey, Channel Islands
EXPERT

Barnaby Biggins

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »

I thought we had already graded Royal Canin Mini Adult, but I can't find it thinking

Maybe I just did it myself at home or something shrug

In any case, perhaps that would be a good candidate to get us going blush

lainey
G.O.D.

Miss Mitsy

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »

Hi there

I was at the vet ( the bald one, not the  Love Eyes one   Mad) with Mitsy for a check up on Saturday and she is 8lbs in weight & 25 weeks old.

The vet asked me to start moving her from puppy  Pacifier to junior dog food. 

I feed her "James Wellbeloved" - http://www.wellbeloved.com 

It is made by one of the few companies in the UK that don't test on animals.

Royal Canin, Purina & Iams all do and it's a personal decision that I just won't give them my money no matter how good they claim to be  No

She likes all the flavours but the White Fish is her favourite hungry and it is the White Fish Junior Performance I have bought to start moving her to gradually.

Here we go...................

Ocean White Fish & Rice Kibble
Complete dog food

A hypo-allergenic dog food, beneficial for dogs with particular nutritional intolerances, and also a healthy tasty natural diet.

INGREDIENTS AND ANALYSIS

Junior/Performance

Ingredients: Rice, Ocean White Fish Meal, Barley, Potato Protein, Whole Linseed, Olive Oil, Vegetable Gravy, Peas, Fish Oil, Alfalfa, Natural Seaweed, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, D,L-methionine, Lysine Hydrochloride, Threonine, Zinc Methionate.

Contains: Min. 23% Fish, Min 28% Rice, Min 10% Barley

Typical Analysis: Protein 24%, Oil 10%, Fibre 3.5%, Ash 8%

Thank You Del if you can find some time to rate this for me  bouquet

Lainey & Mitsy  flowers
[/font]

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:08:38 AM »

ladies, I will nodding grade ROYAL CANIN and JAMES WELLBELOVED for you both flowers (later blush).

Mochi & Mommy Char
NOVICE

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:43:30 PM »

Del... would you help me to grade about Castor & Pollux Organix Puppy Formula, here are the ingredients -

Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Organic Peas, Organic Extruded Soybean Seeds, Organic Barley, Organic Brown Rice, Chicken Fat preserved with mixed Tochopherols (form of Vitamin E), Dicalcium Phosphate, Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Salmon Meal, Organic Flaxseed Meal, Dried Whole Egg, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Minerals [Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Proteinate, Calcium Iodate], Choline Chloride, Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement], Yeast Culture (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae), Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentatiion Extract, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract and Fermentation Solubles, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate.

Since it said organic, but I dont' see any meat, besides the chicken and the chicken meal....... I really need help!!!

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 09:53:35 AM »

sorry1 I didn't see your post earlier Charing.  I will nodding grade Castor & Pollux Organix Puppy Formula (although I think it might have been graded before... I'll check blush) for you.

lainey
G.O.D.

Miss Mitsy

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 07:13:51 PM »

Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »

Ozzie  fluff has been thriving on Performatrin Ultra Adult, Hormon-free Lamb and Brown Rice Formula Dog Food for the past year. www.performatrinultra.com
Using the grading system here, I have scored it
101 points, which would be A  clapping
Is there somewhere that I can post the ingredients and scoring details?

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 06:52:11 AM »

wave Lainey, I've graded BURNS for you (Thanks for the reminder blush).

I found BURNS website, and saw that the ingredients list (on their website) has no chicken fat, whereas yours (ie. your post) has. Not that it matters original.  If chicken fat (is listed as an ingredient on your kibble packet and) is taken into account, the score will be 100 thumbsup.

And while theres's no dairy products, wheat, soya or beef in all their formulas (ingredients which may cause some food allergies according to their website), note that brown rice makes up three-fifths of the bag, while fish is only one-fifth (the only meat protein in there) .  Again, not that it's bad or matters a whole lot blush.... just know that Mitsy is consuming more rice than fish, with each mouthful/serving.  It's ideal when the 1st (& 2nd) ingredient(s) are meats... but then again, a lot of manufacturers have 2 or more grains in the formula (eg: brown rice, rice, oats) which in turn may add up to more than the 1st listed meat ingredient.  You get what I'm saying blush.

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 07:03:09 AM »

wave Carol, the place/thread where scores are kept is here. original

I looked at the Lamb & Brown Rice formula and must say the ingredients list see really looks impressive thumbsup.  I graded it and got a score of 109 thumbsup (different from yours... not that it matters blush).

Note: Everything after Brewers Dried Yeast are vitamins & minerals, and have no 'impact' (so to speak) on the score.  All manufacturers add these (usually same) vitamins & minerals because most (if not all) vitamins & minerals are "lost" during the extrusion process (ie. during the 'manufacture' of the kibble).

Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »

Thank you, Del!  thumbup You rock.
As I look over the list you used (from their website, I presume?), and compare it to the bag, they are identical. I think where I missed points is that on your list the probiotic ingredients are indicated, and on the bag there is no indication. (and I don't know what is probiotic and what isn't  Laughing) That's 3 points anyway.  thumbup In any case, Ozzie loves his kibble  hungry

lainey
G.O.D.

Miss Mitsy

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »

.................note that brown rice makes up three-fifths of the bag, while fish is only one-fifth (the only meat protein in there) .  Again, not that it's bad or matters a whole lot blush.... just know that Mitsy is consuming more rice than fish, with each mouthful/serving.  It's ideal when the 1st (& 2nd) ingredient(s) are meats... but then again, a lot of manufacturers have 2 or more grains in the formula (eg: brown rice, rice, oats) which in turn may add up to more than the 1st listed meat ingredient.  You get what I'm saying blush.

Del, I actually asked my vet about this at the weekend and as I give Mitsy a steak or salmon twice a week he thought it was a good thing and balances out well. She had Venison for the first time on Sunday  hungry

Thank You for helping us out. I think Burns is the best UK option but if anyone knows differently, please let me know.

Lainey & Mitsy  bouquet

kfz323

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 06:35:45 PM »

I love my fluff!!!!
LunasMum (Traci)
EXPERT

Little Luna Lovegood

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »

I checked and it graded 105 which is good an A. Their web site says no artificial colors or flavors. It doesn't mention it being organic, or baked or having probiotics and it still rated well.

kfz323

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »

Thank you soooooo much!!!! Thank You Thanks Thank You goodjob  Besides the kibble can you rate the wet food????

I love my fluff!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: