Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 17, 2019, 11:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GROOMING 101: SCISSORING (drawings! and more drawings!)  (Read 21212 times)
Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 10:28:26 PM »

Well Susan, Whatever method you use is obviously the right way, because Max is perfect. vain
(Do I sound like a broken record?) Laughing
I'm wondering if Rae does Riley dry. thinking
I mean anyone with eyes can see those two furboys are splendid looking.
After all... Belle & Bianca loveword2: them, along with everyone else.
We know they are never wrong... right? wink2

whistling  I smelt a compliment  blush , it lead me to this thread.  Laughing

Del this is great  thumbsup , what was really great for me  blush , was I already do a lot of those techniques and I didn't even know I was meant to Laughing ...I have just started giving Riley more of a ledge too, nothing major but it helps his head look more rounded and clears his eyes more.  nodding  I was amazed to see I was grooming his chest closer just like it shows too  Rolled Eyes , And I have never trimmed his legs thin always leave them thick and fluffy  nodding  I think for me it has always been about following his body shape, and keeping fluff on the bits that make him look  well like a bichon  Laughing  and lucky for me he seems pretty easy to do that for.  manfro

I have to say though  blush (now I will be the broken record)  I have never heat dried Riley  Laughing , he has hated the hair dryer from day one, although his breeder obviously did fluff dry him, she is a groomer so probably has a nice quiet dryer.  nodding

I against all recommendations, rules and regulations  whistling , comb Riley out fully, (dry and dirty)  then cut, then bath, then comb as he drys and trim any missed bits for a few hours/days  whistling afterwards till I am happy.  nodding ..usually last a couple of weeks and I am trimming him again.  Laughing  His coat is so springy and curly he never seems to look choppy to me  No  shrug , to me he looks just how I want him to look manfro .  I always like to try and improve and try new things each trim though.  graduate  He still has baby fluff on his fro, but where I have trimmed around his eyes and ledge, he has lovely new adult wavy fluff, so it will be interesting to see how he goes once all that baby fro is gone. thinking Either way for me it is all part of being owned by him  Hug , it gives me a lot of satisfaction to groom him  nodding , well cutting anyway, the combing is a battle  frustrated, I don't have any clothes for him  cry2  so the nearest thing to dress up is hair cutting for me. Laughing 

Another Terri creation
marion

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »

Thanks for the clear drawings, they are the best help for me so far.  Would you please suggest what scissors to get to do this great undertaking and what length.  Thank you so much.   Marion & Mardi.
Nessa and Bella

My Bella my baby xxx

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »

Hiya  goodone

This is really useful information and great diagrams.  My fur baby 'Bella' is 4 months old rite now, and she is so fluffy (see pic), she has started to curl too.  I bath her, trim her face and bottom myself and blow her out with a very quiet hair dryer on cool and low, I started this from her being 8 weeks old at least once a week, she really enjoys the bath and has great fun in the tub and shower (I am a very lucky girl).  Her fur is extremely fluffy now and she gets very hot, I want to home groom (I am good with clippers and scissors due to having show horses) so ideally I would like to do the very best I can for her myself, I think that it will be too soon to coup her now, I don't want to ruin her coat, I need advice really and also TIPS and HELP on achieving a 'puppy cut' and/or whatever is advisable at this age.  She is extremely tolerant she it comes to her grooming 'bless her little cottons'.  But I have to add that I will happily take her to a professional groomers if this is the way to go rite now.

Any help warmly appreciated.

Ness & Bella fluff x

Nessa and Bella

My Bella my baby xxx

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 10:58:25 AM »

My fluffy fur baby Bella... her fur is extremely thick (see post above) x

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: