Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 22, 2019, 06:14:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GROOMING 101: SCISSORING (drawings! and more drawings!)  (Read 21239 times)
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« on: June 05, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:13:42 AM »

More drawings as promised swing....

This drawing shows where the coat 'is'/'ends' in relation to your Bichon's fluff body.

(if you're not keeping your fluff fluff in a show cut, or even a modified show-clip, then this "coat outline" may not be for you blush.) 

How your flufferbutt fluff looks finally (outline-wise) also depends on his/her body shape to begin with blush.  So, it helps if you know the breed standard.... because grooming/scissoring to a certain extent wink2 is about accentuating your fluff's strengths and/or 'hiding' his/her faults shhh.  Often times, it is the attention to detail (eg: proper angulations, coat length etc) that makes a winning cut.... the difference between NICE thumbsup and

more drawings from Lindsey.... with her self-explanatory notes inscribed inside original.

Again, HAPPY SCISSORING everyone!!

I just nodding know Yeah these drawings of Lindsey will be so helpful for our home-groomers! swing

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:42:41 AM by EDDEL » Logged

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:43:39 PM »

clapping I've seen these drawings before rock and actually printed them out!  eyebrows

swing Thanks for "putting them together" for us Del!  rock

bluebell
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:25:46 PM »

Lindsey is the best and her drawings and explanantions are always so clear and easy to follow. Del, I have the body diagrams as well if you need them.
ehyde
ehyde
NOVICE

Bichon.ca

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 08:58:14 AM »

Del these diagrams are great.  The only thing I didn't understand was trimming the eyelashes.  Are you suppose to trim eyelashes?  Trevor has really long ones but I was afraid if I cut them, when they grew back they might grow towards his eyes instead of upwards.
                                                                                      Eileen

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »

Susan, Danielle, Eileen, I think nodding these drawings are GREAT thumbup too.  Which is why I'm so excited cubba our members here get to be beneficiaries of Lindsey's talent!!

wave Eileen, I know a few of us here do nodding trim our fluffers' eyelashes.  Personally blush, I've never had a problem with Bianca's eyelashes growing inwards (instead of upwards) after trimming. Then again, her lashes vain are soft, not at all hard/wiry (which might cause irritation if it's in contact with the eye(s) unsure) blush

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 12:03:57 PM »

Great drawings!
Thanks for getting permission and posting them Del. (You always play by the rules!) thumbsup
I think I'll never have a need for them, I'm too freaked out to try this myself. Fear
I spazzed out when a pro gave her a poodle cut, who would I blame when I made her look like a crestie. (which I would) Laughing

dessyrell
NOVICE

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 12:10:08 PM »

thumbup thumbup THANK YOU, DEL! i will print these out and try to use them on Murphy, of course Flex! his head is getting too big  Laugh Hysterical, so i will have to do something, i was kind of scared to touch it, but i will now Doh...maybe you can post the body diagrams bluebell is talking about Yeah Yeah!

thanks again...i think it's time for a bath and a trim! god help me!  tongue1

Donnalee
I Love New York!
ENTHUSIAST

I love my Harley!!

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 02:20:37 PM »

I have a very stupid question on this.  Do you trim while the hair is wet, or dry?

Tom_B

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »

Just extraordinary ... especially for early students like me ... terrific job making this info avilable!  I sure hope we will also see the body diagrams ( sorry, if they are here and I missed them ).

Best regards,   rock
Tom B
bluebell
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 07:35:15 PM »

I have a very stupid question on this.  Do you trim while the hair is wet, or dry?

Dry, preferably fluff dried (if you towel/air dry you won't get the same results).
SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 07:48:40 PM »

Dry, preferably fluff dried (if you towel/air dry you won't get the same results).

nodding ...  shhh I've tried to cut him air dried/not combed out and you definately get a choppy crazy look when you finally DO comb him out!   blink Laughing

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 09:34:55 PM »

Well Susan, Whatever method you use is obviously the right way, because Max is perfect. vain
(Do I sound like a broken record?) Laughing
I'm wondering if Rae does Riley dry. thinking
I mean anyone with eyes can see those two furboys are splendid looking.
After all... Belle & Bianca loveword2: them, along with everyone else.
We know they are never wrong... right? wink2

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 08:47:43 AM »

maybe you can post the body diagrams bluebell is talking about Yeah Yeah!
...I sure hope we will also see the body diagrams ( sorry, if they are here and I missed them ).
wave Lucia and Tom, the "how to trim body" see drawings are up now! cubba

....because Max is perfect. vain (Do I sound like a broken record?) Laughing
Ya sound like me actually!! Laugh and Bounce  I think Max is PERFECT!! Love Eyes Wub Drool
(and of course Belle's man is fro-licious manfro too! Stick Out Tongue)

dessyrell
NOVICE

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 10:53:51 AM »

alright, Del...can't wait to see them. oh, i scrolled down...there they are!  cheerleader

i did trim murphy's "head" yesterday and it turned out good blink! really! i think combing to hair to the side and trim what didn't fit it in did the trick! his head is still big compared to the rest of the body but i evened his coat out a little bit more and we are getting THERE! just a few more weeks Mad...i am ashamed to say i didn't have time to give him a bath yesterday but i will this weekend clown...

thanks again flowers...really, don't know what i would have done without you (as in this community and its members)...well, maybe i do know...would have had a shaved rat-looking dog that nobody would have known what it was... Laugh Hysterical Laugh Hysterical  Laughing Laughing blush2 

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: