Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 17, 2019, 04:44:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STAND UP & be counted if you have a rescued fluff  (Read 27085 times)
Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2010, 04:13:35 PM »

Just adding Dexter to the list - adopted May 15/10 from the Toronto Animal Services South Division. He is Bichon, a stray and about 1-3 years old, though they are thinking the younger side.

I was hoping to get another Bichon, and occasionally looked thru the offering in Petfinder. I looked on Thursday evening and he wasn't there, so they must have just  uploaded his listing on Friday, when I saw it. We rushed right down the next morning, for fear someone else would get him before us. They said he had been picked up by Animal Services two weeks ago, but no-one ever came to claim him.

When I got him, he was cut right down, so I assume he was badly matted, and he is barely more than skin and bones. He only weighs about 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs) and needs some fattening up.

~*~ Catherine, missing her little Buddy   fluffangel , but now I have two new best friends!  fluffbop

jen

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »

Alfie came to us in Feb 2006 aged 6 months
Simone

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2010, 03:32:48 AM »

Hugo rescued by Simone and Tim April 17th 2009.

Simone
Phoenix

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »

Fable, 3 1/2 years old, a shelter rescue, was adopted into his forever home by Phoenix on 6/15/10.  original
Rospieposie
NOVICE

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2010, 11:02:26 PM »

I'm sure this will be on here somewhere but I have 4 all rescued - 3 ex puppy farm ( 2 ex stud dogs, 1 Puppy reject), and ex pf born Boy held in kennels for 3 years.

PaulyBichon

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2010, 03:22:19 PM »

Pauly came to his forever him on 11/22/10 at 6 years young. We love him and he is safe forever!!!
BresDane80

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2011, 01:28:49 AM »

Dane was rescued in Sep of 2010!  he is 4 years and we love him tons!   yay for rescues! 

Lors

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2011, 10:46:07 AM »

Thank you for recognizing how important it is to give any dog a second chance and lots of  Love word  We adopted a sweet little Bichon girl on December 18th, 2010 who had been rescued from a puppy mill in Erie, Ohio (we live in a small town very north of Toronto, Ontario so feel so lucky we got her from such a distance).  We don't know how old she is (she was in terrible shape and had to have many teeth pulled) but we love her so.  Her name is Willow (we call her Willy to go with our other Bichon, Reilly and our blind Schnoodle, Daffy--short for Daphne) and she has started to accept that we love her but is extremely skittish and just not sure.  I'm sure she was abused as well as severely neglected, of course, since she won't let us pet her.  She's coming along nicely though in so many ways; it is heartwarming to see her progress.  She was our little Christmas angelwings so her middle name is Noelle.  Any suggestions on helping her along would be appreciated.
BaileyBlue

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »

I've done Bichon rescue for about 9 years. I average 40 rescue dogs through my house per year. I LOVE these little fluffers !!!  I have 2 Bichons from breeders and three rescued Bichons. Currently I am up to 9 dogs and it's hectic, but wonderful Smiley
Court and the Jester

The Pest

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 03:28:10 PM »

Jester came to Ryne and I February 2010 after someone bought him from a Mill and realized he wasn't the "perfect" dog they wanted. but he is perfect to us!
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »

Lucky Jester,now he will have the life he deserves.Alison

CaroleD

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »

Madison came to me straight from a Puppy Mill Rescue at age 6 in 2010.  She is the love of my life, a healthy happy girl now who plays with her two big doggie friends, a Rottie and a hound.  She was racing around in the snow today making us all laugh at her zest for life.
CaroleD
Georgia Girl (Vikki)
NOVICE

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »

Doodle - Back Yard Breeder (literally muddy pen in the back yard) - Nov. 7, 2012 - Approx 2 years old - has a permanent place in my home, can't imagine not having him with me
Luna - Back Yard Breeder (same breeder) - January 16, 2013 - Approx 2 years old (Doodle's full sister and previous mate yucky) - will be going to live out her days with a friend of mine

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »

I thought I had already posted here, but perhaps not?

Denny was about 6 months old, when we got him on March 7, 2010

Dexter was about 3 years old, when we got him on May 15, 2010

~*~ Catherine, missing her little Buddy   fluffangel , but now I have two new best friends!  fluffbop

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »

Oh, and Denny was from a Bichon Rescue here in Ontario, Dexter was from the Toronto Animal Shelter.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: