Bichon Frise Community
October 25, 2014, 02:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cesar Millan (American Dog Whisperer) vs Bichon Frise  (Read 3779 times)
Lady&Sa$$y's Dad
ENTHUSIAST

« on: January 27, 2007, 07:13:51 PM »

Just thought I would share...

Earlier today I saw an episode of Dog Whisperer, and one of the segments was about a Bichon that was aggressive toward the woman of the house.  First of all I have to say is that I do not see how one of these sweet beings could get so mean toward a person  Fear Anyway, the dog was taught proper behavior (at least Cesar didn't say the fluff could not be on the bed  thumbsup ) and as a "reward" Cesar (who was a groomer before he became a self proclaimed dog behaviorist) gave the Bichon a make over.  Well, he did... he made her over into a poodle  Oh My Shaved the nose and gave long french poodle ears.... I was shocked that there were not puffs over the joints and the rest of the body shaved  lmao

Am I getting too critical in my old age??? or do I just expect too much from "experts"?  thinking

karen_thompson
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:18:35 PM »

I saw that episode last night  Oh My  That little girl, I think her name is Snowflake, was quite temperamental  shocking2  And yeah, the poodle cut was very disappointing.  No 
JaBoogie
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ENTHUSIAST

the dog is the god of frolic

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:35:04 PM »

Well....I would never let him within 10 feet of Boogie with a pair of scissors in his hands nono but I would trust him to come in and work with Boog and me on behaviour. nodding

Thanks to Terri for the new Siggy
Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:40:32 PM »

Dang it!!! We're getting National Geographic channel for free this month...
I've watched that show a lot and never seen a bichon. The one time I miss it. (Typical)
  noway

Lady&Sa$$y's Dad
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

Dang it!!! We're getting National Geographic channel for free this month...
I've watched that show a lot and never seen a bichon. The one time I miss it. (Typical)
  noway

beat

Lady&Sa$$y's Mom
Woodland,Pennsylvania
EXPERT

Lady 3 years Sassy 3 years

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 08:09:23 PM »

I wouldnt mind a visit from the dog whisperer either except I dont think
I could sit there and watch him be as harsh with my girls as what he is with other dogs.
I am amazed   shocking2 at how dogs listen to him and how much confidence he has in himself but,
my girls are my babies  Hug and I would hate to have to roll him around our livingroom.
  boxing Box  Laughing

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »

Yeah... but if you "rolled him around the room"  Flex
they'd make that pay per view or something that I would miss anyway. Laughing
I know he's amazing with dogs... but did you see the one where he got bit by a bulldog?
The owner cried. (I chuckled) He did fix the dawg though. nodding

Lady&Sa$$y's Mom
Woodland,Pennsylvania
EXPERT

Lady 3 years Sassy 3 years

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 09:26:29 PM »

Dont think I caught that one Terri.
Did you tape it for us?
  thinking  confused

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 10:04:27 PM »

No... sorry, My bad!  Bop

Shelly
NOVICE

Harley & Tootsie

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »

I saw the Bichon show last night as well.  Before they captioned her as a bichon, I thought she was a Maltese or mix.  I did not know that Bichons would have that temperament shocking2

Lady&Sa$$y's Dad
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »

Both Rosemary and I said at the same time... "A Bichon!!"  But like you said, that temperment  Fear

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 11:22:10 PM »

Yeah Funny, I just "ti-vo'd" that episode and was about to watch it! swing ... I saw the "previews" and was also shocked at how aggressive the Bichon is!  shocking2 ... now I can't wait to see Cesar's "Poodle  crazy Grooming Technique"  Fear

thinking I had no idea he used to be a dog groomer?  blink

Shelly
NOVICE

Harley & Tootsie

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 11:34:37 PM »

I would love to hire him and help me with Tootsie and Harley.  My two get soooo excited when the doorbell rings or anyone comes to the house.  They jump all over and bark like crazy. hyper  It drives me nuts. wacko

Lady&Sa$$y's Dad
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 11:40:06 PM »

thinking I had no idea he used to be a dog groomer?  blink

I was surprised, too, but he mentioned it in one of the few episodes I saw.  And you wont get to see the technique... he just "shows off" the final mutilation   original

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 12:36:38 AM »

Well, in his book he did say his first job right after entering U.S.A. illegally was at a grooming salon.  And because the owner (a lady.... he cant remember her name) saw he was "good" with the more temperamental/aggressive dogs, invariably he wound up grooming these dogs that others (in the salon) couldn't "handle".

....as a "reward" Cesar (who was a groomer before he became a self proclaimed dog behaviorist) gave the Bichon a make over.  Well, he did... he made her over into a poodle  Oh My Shaved the nose and gave long french poodle ears.... I was shocked that there were not puffs over the joints and the rest of the body shaved  lmao

Am I getting too critical in my old age??? or do I just expect too much from "experts"?  thinking
The REWARD for being 'good' is to be turned into a Poodle shocking   No wonder Rolled Eyes Snowflake wants to be/remain 'bad' Laugh Hysterical    (I'm justkidding as denoted by my hysterical smiley..... no offense to Poodle owners!! blush2)

John, I don't No think you're being critical at all (not saying anything Shutup about old age! Stick Out Tongue).   As we all 'mature' as guardians of this beloved fluff breed (gaining more & more knowledge), it becomes harder for 'em/whoever to bullshit us that's all wink1 .... grooming-wise that is, I'm in no position to opine if Cesar's training is good or bad considering I never saw TV1 any of his shows sad (our cable service provider sucks thumbdown)

And as for Snowflake's awful Oh My temperament nono..... it must be said that bad breeding (read: puppymills and to a certain extent backyard breeders) is to blame.  The integrity of our beloved, inimitable, inherently cheerful (with a great disposition) breed has been and will continue to be compromised as long as irresponsible, ignorant and profit-driven breeders are breeding Glare

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: