Bichon Frise Community
September 02, 2014, 08:40:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brown Nose  (Read 2901 times)
Astrid
« on: January 08, 2005, 02:30:23 PM »

I have two Bichon's and both have brown noses,why?Can anybody help me?
Thank you,
Astrid
Julie
NOVICE

My Pride and Joy!!

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 03:31:48 PM »

I too have noticed that Chloe's nose isn't as black as it used to be.  I read somewhere that it is caused by the lack of sunshine in the Winter.  I'll do more research and see what I can find out.....

Pepper_Mom
Bichon Hugs & Kisses from Pepper
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 05:30:41 AM »

Same here...I've noticed that Pepper's nose is not as black as it used to.  I have no idea why that is but it's no big deal.  He still looks adorable!  Wink

admin
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 06:41:50 AM »

I have see a few Bichons with brown noses, not sure why.

We noticed in the winter the tan in the ears comes back.
I think the summer sun fades (beaches) the tan out.
cuddle48

I love Bichon.c Message Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 04:54:01 PM »

Thank's to everyone who answered my question,about my dogs brown noses.
Summer didn't make any differents at all.But never mind,brown noses or not I love my two boys,Sparky(5Y) and Spencer (2y 6month) Both are the love of our life,my husband and I share everything with them they have become part of our family,since our children are all grown up and left the nest.
I have tryed to put some photo's up,but I couldn't do it,oh well,better luck next time.
Please write about your lovely Bichon's.
Thank's,
Astrid

Astrid
Cuetip
NOVICE

Always Happy + Full of Love = Bichon Frisé

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 07:42:01 AM »

Hi,

Cuetip's nose is also brown.  It's been like that for almost a year now.  I wonder what causes this ?  Oh well, like everyone else, we don't mind at all.  

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in"

- Mark Twain

Pictures: http://www3.sympatico.ca/tim/dog
Julie
NOVICE

My Pride and Joy!!

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 04:36:42 PM »

I know there is some stuff you can get to make your  dogs nose black again....throught petedge.com.  Not sure about it. I think show people use it. I doesn't rub off it has to wear off.
My luck if I tried it....I think there would be black where there should be white...  Tongue

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 06:10:01 PM »

I think this is the million-dollar question for all Bichon owners ;D

Besides the fail-safe, blanket answer: pigmentation (or lack thereof to be precise) I've tried but to no avail, searching online or reading books as to why their noses turn brown.

Bianca's nose is black, but her Bichon girlfriends (much older) have brown noses too!

Perhaps a breeder, a renowned Bichon fancier like Barbara Stubbs or Richard Beauchamp, might know.

And welcome Astrid <waves>!!
Why don't you start a thread in the INTRODUCTION forum and tell us all about Sparky & Spencer?
I have a girl.... Bianca.  She's all of 3 years + 5 months old and I luuuurrrrrvvvveee her to bits :D

New_Owner

I love Bichon Frise Message Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 07:08:50 AM »

I've been away from this board for a while, but was happy to see this topic.  Rascal is almost 10 months old now and I've just recently noticed that his black nose seems more brown.  I hope its the lack of sunlight idea.  8)    Please post if you find out more!
Ten

Abbi or affectionately known as &quot;Goofball&quot;

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 12:31:57 PM »

I read something on the net, that plastic feeding dishes can sometimes cause this.  Abbi has stainless steel and her nose doesn't seem as black(dark brown) as it once was.  Maybe it does have to do with sunlight.
cuddle48

I love Bichon.c Message Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 01:40:42 PM »

Hello Bichon Lovers,
I've heard so many different things about brown noses,maybe it's normal and nothing to worry about.I love my Bichon's with or without brown noses.
I've heard that there is some black stuff you can put on their noses,have you heard anything about this?
Anyways,nice talking to you again,
God bless you all,
Astrid

Astrid
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

Yes Astrid, I've heard about it...

What some show people do here (I've seen) is apply mascara or any other sort of black cream/paste to the brown nose.  But I wouldn't do that if I were you.  Showing dogs is one thing.... (the breed standard calls for a black nose), keeping them as pets is another. Besides, I'd worry about them licking their noses, thereby ingesting whatever it is that you've applied/bought from the store.

Black nose or not, we love them to bits don't we :D

Don't fret... I think for temperate climates, it might sometimes be the sun(shine); besides my favorite fail-safe answer: pigmentation.

PS: Imagine how the judge would feel if he were to find out the Bichon's nose has been colored (black).... say his fingers get smeared.  Or the Bichon shakes, and white powdery stuff starts flying over the place Shocked (I've read of such instances).  Very tricky... cosmetic-ing your Bichon exhibit.

loripiccini
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 12:15:26 AM »

Hi all, I am so glad to read that others are experiencing pups with brown noses, we were getting concerned.  My boys Bert and Ernie are 1 1/2 and their cute little noses are light brown now, one more than the other.  As long as they are healthy and happy it doesn't matter what color their noses are.  This is my first time here, your "kids" pictures are all very cute!  Thanks for the forum.
GMomof11
NOVICE

Adora Belle Abby

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 12:23:20 AM »

Oh this is so great seeing so many of our new members joining in on the fun. To all the new folks a warm welcome.  offtopic Back to the questions on noses: Abby's nose has turned browner that it use to be. Funny thing is I hadn't even noticed.

karen_thompson
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 12:12:22 PM »

My husband and I were just talking about this very thing recently.  We have noticed that Cassie's nose is not as black as it used to be.  I feel like it might have something to do with the sunshine.  Last summer she spent much more time outdoors than she has been lately.  We'll see what happens this summer.   Cool 2
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: