Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 17, 2019, 12:11:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GROOMING 101: SCISSORING (links, and more links!!)  (Read 31967 times)
Tom_B

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »

I continue searching and learnng ... and in one case .... I have to eat my own words ... but it is still 'crazy' !! I went to the Geib Factory Store site and counted different 'series' product categories for pet grooming.   There are 25 DIFFERENT sets like Gator, Cheetah, etc.  !! Give me a break! How would any normal person begin to figure out which categories are appropriate and then find that their desired shears are not availalble in that style?  Some body needs some marketing help!   

Right now I am looking hard at Kamisori to get a quality, curved, ball-tip scissor that I believe will do a great job.  They also have some straight shears which may be next on the list.  I doubt I will need anything of better quality for home use and can get on to more important things like .... enjoying Clouseau!!

Thanks for helping keep me focused.

Tom B

Tom_B

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »

Tom, it sure seems like you had a stressful day! If there are any brands you have questions on I'll be happy to share my experience (if any) with those companies. Even the mid-range shears are a big investment ............(respectful edit) ...................

Please don't stress about this, we are here to help Hug

Please allow me to revisit my earlier post to clarify a point.  I am still considering seriously a new Arius Eickert Geisha AS 5.5 inch shear available to me at a 'seemingly' great price.  Why would there be any serious concern about using these fine 'human' shears on a single Bichon Frise in a home scenario (~ weekly) ?  This shear is commonly priced at $192. and the steel should be very adequate to the task.  Is there something about blade thickness or profile, or ??? which makes this shear a questionable choice  for me now ??  A-E made this comment but quickly 'hedged' and said maybe no problem in a limited use scenario.  This sure leaves me with some unanswered technical questions.

Tom B
bluebell
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 10:05:09 PM »

the steel should be very adequate to the task.  Is there something about blade thickness or profile, or ??? which makes this shear a questionable choice  for me now ??  A-E made this comment but quickly 'hedged' and said maybe no problem in a limited use scenario.  This sure leaves me with some unanswered technical questions.

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately I have never used the Arius Eickherts. I have read about them on Bbird, but have never bought any (no real reason, just haven't at this point). I guess they might be concerned about the wear and tear of using them on a dog compared to a human (more hair to cut on a dog). shrug I wish I could help to answer some of your questions. However, you may find some of the answers with the Blade Guyz Team. If they don't have it already posted on their site, you should be able to message them (*hint* they frequent the bulletin board under the tools heading at www.groomers.net). They are very knowledgeable, and I would recomend their services to anybody in the US.

http://www.bladeguyz.com/
Tom_B

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 11:25:12 PM »

Many thanks!  I have registered and posted (ToolTalk _Shears_ Selection & Fit) as you suggested.  I do appreciate your support.

Tom B
bluebell
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 11:37:12 PM »

I am truly impressed by your efforts Tom! Perhaps you will be answering my shear questions soon, way to go! thumbsup
SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 01:28:43 AM »

However, you may find some of the answers with the Blade Guyz Team. If they don't have it already posted on their site, you should be able to message them (*hint* they frequent the bulletin board under the tools heading at www.groomers.net). They are very knowledgeable, and I would recomend their services to anybody in the US.

http://www.bladeguyz.com/

Wow! shocking2 I just watched a video on the bladeguys site about taking care of your scissors. Very informativerock  Thanks for the link, Danielle!  flowers

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: