Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
March 18, 2019, 04:36:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Soup for the Rescued Bichon Lover's Soul  (Read 29925 times)
Karen xo
Belfast, Ireland
GURU

CHEEKO

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 12:00:47 PM »

DEL-ish-ified

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 06:17:39 PM »

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 06:25:01 PM »

deVebre

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 09:01:50 PM »

Waldo was rescued June 23rd.  Our local humane society had gotten 25 small dogs from a raid in Ga.  I had my heart set on a cute little Schnauzer.  I brought my other dog, Jack(lab mix) to see how they got along.  Not well at all.  I was ready to come home when I decided to walk through the regular adoption kennel.  Waldo was a mess.  His hair was long, matted, and stained.  He had a 4 inch cut down the middle of his back and his hair was shaved there.  I brought him in the socialization room to meet Jack.  We were all home within the hour.

The first week I kept saying I couldn't believe no one had reported him missing.  By the second week I was sure someone had thrown him out.  He peed and pooped in the house.  He dug out under the fence in a matter of minutes. 

We've completely resolved the housebreaking issue.  We fixed the fence so he can't dig out.  He's learned to sit.  We started obedience tonight.  The only thing he seemed to know was grooming.  He'll go to sleep while I'm drying him.  I

I can't imagine being without him.
Luana
New Hampshire
EXPERT

Bichon.ca

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 09:44:51 PM »

Thank you Del, love it.
natalie
26yrs, Jersey, Channel Islands
EXPERT

Barnaby Biggins

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 10:53:38 AM »

BenjisMommy
Ontario, Canada
G.O.D.

I love my baby BENJI!!R.I.P Snoopy..luv u 4ever

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 12:59:50 PM »

Thank you for sharing Waldo's story with us....  Stick Out Tongue Stick Out Tongue Stick Out Tongue

I am soo happy we have people like you in this world  Hug Hug

*********************?e?????ommy*********************
***A Delicious Creation***
JenBow
NOVICE

I love Bichon.c Message Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 02:03:10 PM »

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:43:17 PM by JenBow » Logged

Luana
New Hampshire
EXPERT

Bichon.ca

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 03:11:34 PM »

Thank you Del, love it.
BenjisMommy
Ontario, Canada
G.O.D.

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 03:36:20 PM »

Jen.. it breaks my heart to hear that Chase had such a terrible first five years........  Crying This man should be killed.......... preferably attacked by a bunch of pitbulls  Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad I wish something more could be done about these puppy mills........ they really need to be put to an end..

Thank you for sharing your story... you really are a HERO  flowers

snowangel
NOVICE

I love my Snow Angel

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 05:05:59 PM »

Snow Angel and her Mom innocent flowers,  Our Story!!!

I had always wanted a Bichon, from the first time I saw one in a Dog Show, I just fell in love with them  icon12 and said, I have to get one of those one day. 

I could not have a dog while I was married to my first husband Crying, but after the divorce and when I found the man of my dreams inlove, I was finally getting to a place that we could get a dog one day and one day soon, I could not wait!!! Kicking

One day, my husband and I were going to go to Home Depot to fix up the house, when I saw some puppies in a pet store right next to Home Depot!!
I asked him if I could go look in the pet store, while he goes to Home Depot to get what he needed.  He said, of course you can, so I did!!

I saw the cute puppies playing in the front of the store, but I did not see a Bichon and the others, though they were cute, just were not what I was looking for.  I walked around the store and made my way to the back, when,  there they are "Bichon Puppies"  !!    I could not believe it, they were so cute Stick Out Tongue thumbsup

I asked the girl that worked there if I could see one of them.  She bought out the cutest tiniest little baby girl I have ever seen!!! innocent original
I held her in my arms and I was instantly in love with her. inlove  I could not put her down for anything!!   The sales girl said I have more for you to look at and hold if you want.   I said NO I have found the one I love already!!!   She said that one is sort of small and the others seem to be a little bigger, I said no, that is ok, I love this one!!

Well, at that time my hubby came in and I said HUN!, can you believe it???  I found her, the dog of my dreams!!!   I felt like a little girl, talking to her daddy and I said , can we get her??? confused   He smiled and said are you sure, are you sure this is the one and I said Yes!!

So that was it, we paid for her, got her food , collar, leash , a couple toys and a crate.  We all got in the car and started home.

Poor Snowy was shaking and so tiny, I tried to keep her close to me as we drove home.  She seemed so listless and tired , I was worried about her.   Oh My

When we got home, almost right away she started making a horrible sound No, I called the pet store and they said she is probably hiccupping, new babies do that alot and try not to worry!!

Well, the whole weekend she just kept on doing it and finally on Monday, I called the Vet.    We took our baby in and what had me worried became true.  She was very sick, she had what the Vet said was Kennel Cough sick

We had to give her medicine to start , to see if she would start to feel better and gain some weight, since she was just too small for her size.  After about 2 weeks, she was getting worse and was not gaining, only about 1 oz. So we had to have Xrays done of her lungs.  At that time we were told she had pneumonia!!! Fear   I was really worried then.  They told us to buy  a nebulizer to help her breath and continue on some stronger meds.   She was still not really getting much better, though she was better then she had been.  So we were told that they could do a Trans Tracial Wash, which would clean out her lungs and help her to heal faster.   

So here she is our tiny angel and we had to take her in for surgery already!!! Injury  Now we were both so worried and so was Snowy's new family, we all prayed hard she would be ok.   She came through the surgery well and we were able to bring her home!!   Boy, was I glad to see her and hold her again!!!

Finally about 1 1/2 months after the surgery, Snowy was gaining weight fairly well and eating much better.   She was even starting to look so much happier and healthier clapping   After months of different medicines , surgery and daily breathing with a mask and nebulizer , with medicine in it, she was finally getting better Clap

I was so glad  thumbup   and  she was even so much more playful then she had been too, it was so nice and we were all soooooo happy original

Today, you would never guess that Snowy went through any of that No   She is a beautiful baby that is about to be 2 years old this year and she has brought such joy to us all!!!!   We just love her!!!

And that is my story!!!   The story of our Sweet Snow Angel!!!   I forgot to add that we found out that Snowy was from a puppy mill and then sent to the Pet Store!!

Hug

Snow Angel and Mom innocent flowers

inlove inlove Girl Bichon Girl Bichon inlove inlove
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 05:19:53 PM by snowangel » Logged

snowangel
NOVICE

I love my Snow Angel

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 05:25:29 PM »

The stories I read were so beautiful and heartwarming!!!    WE have our name on a list for rescued Bichon's , they have not been available in our area yet though.  WE may have to travel to get one, but that would be ok

I hope it was ok to put Snowys story on here, since she was not really a rescue dog, we just had to get her through how sick she was, the rest was easy!!

God Bless

hugs

Snow Angels Mom flowers

Luana
New Hampshire
EXPERT

Bichon.ca

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »

Thank you Del, love it.
JaBoogie
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ENTHUSIAST

the dog is the god of frolic

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 03:17:53 AM »

What alot you had to go through to have your Snowy Crying .....good on ya for not giving up on her. thumbsup

Thanks for sharing your story with all of us. blush flowers thumbup

Thanks to Terri for the new Siggy
BenjisMommy
Ontario, Canada
G.O.D.

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 11:25:04 AM »

Poor SNOWY went through so much as a pup  Crying.......... If it wasn't for you who knows how she would end up.... I definately think you rescued her  flowers flowers

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: