Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 17, 2019, 07:46:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO help your Bichon with itchy skin  (Read 57219 times)
BeefryBichonFrise

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »

I recommend you use oatmeal soap. It will surely remove the itch from allergies or other factors.

Bichon frise training is not a joke. You need to have patience, dedication, perseverance, and heart. Do you have it all???
PaulyBichon

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 06:22:21 PM »

Pauly just came back from the vet with a $235.00 bill only for her to tell me that it was bugs bites. Now..this exact same outbreak happened last year to the day! In the exact same places (front and rear bottom of paws and on his side). Now she says he also has an ear infection but shows no signs of this at all. I questioned that rather then just treating what was going on, lets try to find out WHY this happens at the extact same time every year. No answer...no help. I am beside myself at the condition of my poor guy who now has a halo on to allow the bites to heal. 5 meds plus a topical cream.
Do not misunderstand me, I do not care how much the bill was or what I have to do to help him. But to tell me that it is from bug bites is just crazy. The same bug came back from last year?? lol
Helppppppppppppppppppppppp
BeefryBichonFrise

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 07:11:07 AM »

Can dogs take medications for itchiness? I was hoping that Clartitin will do the trick.

Bichon frise training is not a joke. You need to have patience, dedication, perseverance, and heart. Do you have it all???
BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 04:20:32 PM »

Can dogs take medications for itchiness? I was hoping that Clartitin will do the trick.

I doubt they can take Claritin, but they can usually take small doses of Benadryl

Hailey C

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »

Thanks Del the information about the steroid shots and benadryl has been very helpful.  Bailey just started itching about a month ago I've tried switching his food,taking him to vet and having the groomer use non soap oatmeal shampoo.
Josselyn
NOVICE

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 01:30:29 AM »

Hailey - Just a thought ... Sumo has had problems with itchy skin in the past.  I did the same thing and switched him to oatmeal shampoo.  I can't find the article I read ... but if the dog is allergic to oatmeal then the problem could just be getting worse because of the shampoo.  I had already figured out he was allergic to oatmeal so I made the switch to a non oatmeal shampoo and he doesn't itch like he used to.

Just an idea  original  Good luck!  I know how uncomfortable they look when they are itchy.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2016, 06:14:40 PM »

Am I going crazy, or all Del's posts gone??

Darwin has multiple red itchy areas and I came here to check before posting a question- but nothing is there except individual replies??

southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »

No, they're not gone. Remember that this is the third page of the thread. Eddel's comments can be found on page 1; just click the numeral one. I am sorry to hear that Darwin is having trouble.  I can't remember where he lives; could hot weather be affecting him?

southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2016, 06:50:51 PM »

Sorry to be wrong; double-checking, I see the post but not the content.
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2016, 07:30:11 PM »

Yes, that's what I mean- there is nothing inside the post. I am assuming Darwin has allergies because he has also been wheezing and sneezing. Trying to avoid going back to the vet again, but I might have to.

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2016, 05:12:15 PM »

We did allergy testing with Abby and it was so worthwhile.It is expensive,but saved much more in vets fees and stress and suffering

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »

That's interesting Alison. Did she end up on medication, or were you able to just avoid the allergen? I switched Darwin's food back to wellness core grain free low fat, which he ate for years with no problem except that he seemed to lose interest in it. I shaved his belly, groin, and tail fur and have been putting vetricin spray on it. He has a vet appointment Friday, but I want to go into it have thought about the best way to go forward.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: