Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 16, 2019, 10:07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bichon Frise RESCUE information/directory  (Read 15113 times)
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« on: May 01, 2006, 12:34:23 PM »

Inspired by some our members' adoption of fluffers' in need, I'm putting together some information, a directory, if you will, of...

Bichon Frise Rescue Organizations

First off, there's of course the VOLUNTEER NETWORK of the national breed club (BFCA).
CLICK HERE for the list see of rescue volunteer coordinators  (all members of BFCA)
(many states..... from Arizona to Texas)

Then, there's the NATIONAL BICHON FRISE RESCUE.
(they have rescue volunteer coordinator list  see similar to BFCA's .... with more contacts.... CLICK HERE)

Other regional rescue organizations include:-

arrow the renowned SMALL PAWS RESCUE based in Tulsa, Oklahoma CLICK HERE

arrow BRATPACK RESCUE whose main rescue area is in Central Florida CLICK HERE

arrow TIDEWATER BICHON FRISE RESCUE based in Virginia CLICK HERE

arrow DELAWARE VALLEY BICHON RESCUE whose activity occurs mainly in the Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware region CLICK HERE

arrow BICHON FURKIDS RESCUE is based in and serves Southern California.  CLICK HERE

I will add to the list as & when I come across more information blush

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 12:50:03 PM by EDDEL » Logged

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 10:25:59 AM »

Karen xo
Belfast, Ireland
GURU

CHEEKO

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

DEL-ish-ified

BenjisMommy
Ontario, Canada
G.O.D.

I love my baby BENJI!!R.I.P Snoopy..luv u 4ever

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 11:23:30 PM »

AWESOME INFO  thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup

*********************?e?????ommy*********************
***A Delicious Creation***
JenBow
NOVICE

I love Bichon.c Message Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 10:37:08 AM »

Great info, Del!  thumbup Just a side note on Small Paws Rescue (since I am their #1 cheerleader)...they are based in Oklahoma, but they're a national rescue group with bichons all across the country.  If you want to adopt a bichon that is not being fostered in your area, they will transport him to you.  We've had some confusion with the dogs listed on petfinder b/c they are listed as being in Tulsa, OK...when, in fact, they are probably being fostered elsewhere.

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 10:56:36 AM »

Thanks Karen & Jane, and especially Jen for the extra bit of information see about SMALL PAWS RESCUE.
Nothing like input from someone who has personal contact with the rescue organizations (and their volunteers) thumbsup

For members who are reading this thread because you're thinking of rescue Hug,
the following threads might be of interest to you original

arrow a collection of rescue stories from our very own bichon.ca members ..... CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE RESCUED BICHON LOVER'S SOUL thumbup

arrow A RESCUE'S POINT OF VIEW
.... put yourself in the rescue's shoes paws before embarking on this challenging & often rewarding journey of rescuing clapping

Tunku

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 04:22:53 AM »

eseeweb

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »

Hi, i am new to this site.  My family is decided towards to get a Bichon as our new family member.  We tried humane society locally but get no result.  Any suggestions?  We thinking of getting a puppy to bring up.  Any contacts in Windsor Ontario or Detroit area?  We are just across the border of Michigan. We approached a couple advertising in the newspaper or on-line.  Not sure if that's the best way to go.
thanks, Ted.
shrimpey (Alaina)
Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started
ENTHUSIAST

Jemma and Nic best buds!

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »

Ted there is a bichon rescue group in ontario here's a link to their page http://www.happytailsrescue.ca/ i haven't adopted a dog through them but it seems like they do have a lot of informatin on thier site Good luck  nodding

Thank You Alison for our lovely new siggy Smiley
Darby
NOVICE

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »

wave
I cannot say enough good things to say about Small Paws Rescue in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  I am a volunteer, and this is the rescue I rescued Darby from.   :clap
When Darby arrived at our airport, he came with 3 belly bands, and two little blankets.  After a couple of weeks with Darby living with us, I received a beautiful little dog-sized quilt made by one of the quilters.
The rescue really cares about each and every little Bichon soul.  I received a call from another volunteer, reminding me Darby was due to be neutered, and requested that I send proof of neuter to the rescue.
I would really support a rescue.  I would really hesitate acquiring a dog from the paper that already has had a home-  maybe ethe dog is a biter?
I myself, would rather acquire a dog who has been fostered, a dog who has been socialized, one who has been "monitored", one who you know about, and you will know about the dog's past.
Good luck!
This info. is all my own opinion!

Paula and Darby Von Pippen
uslimey
Sue
NOVICE

Charley, my favorite little man!

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 12:59:16 AM »

Any extra dollars I have go to Small Paws.  They are indeed angels on this earth and this goes for all the volunteers as well.

Sarahcat

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 09:14:02 PM »

Any extra dollars I have go to Small Paws.  They are indeed angels on this earth and this goes for all the volunteers as well.

I agree, Sue.  thumbup The Christmas quilt I got from the Small Paws Quilter is absolutely gorgeous. I've already decided that should I ever want another fluff, I''ll apply to Small Paws. They truly are angels.  angelwings

sophiedrg

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »

I understand that Small Paws Rescue in Tulsa, Oklahoma assisted many bichons in finding their new homes. I live in Ontario and I would like to adopt a young bichon. However the rescues in Ontario has no suitable matches for me. I would like to check, if anybody knows if I can adopt a dog from any rescues in the states. Please help. Thanks in advance! Smiley
Clio the Bichon

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »

We are looking to adopt, does anyone know of any uk bichons that need re-homing?
Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 07:41:59 AM »

We are looking to adopt, does anyone know of any uk bichons that need re-homing?

Try Henry's Fund or Friends of Bichon frise Rescue sites  nodding
Clio the Bichon

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 11:25:31 AM »

Thanks, I have since been in touch with Henrys fund and a home visit is planned, do you have experience with adopting bichons?
Rachel
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: