Bichon Frise Community
April 20, 2014, 10:19:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long can a 3 month old puppy hold it's bladder  (Read 1094 times)
Rosalyn Ancrum
« on: June 30, 2004, 09:33:57 PM »

I need to know how long should my 3 month old puppy be able to hold her bladder.  How many hours should she be able to last between potty breaks.?  My puppy ,
Kirby does well for me going to the potty because I watch her and I can pick up on her . The problem is
8:00 am to 1:00 pm when my  9 year old daughter and  my mom take her out.  I don't think they are consistent with taking Kirby out, but they say they are.    My daughter is too young to pay attention and I think grandma gets too busy to pay attention. I have Kirby crated but I don't want her to be in a soiled crated until my lunch hours.
Vall
NOVICE

This is Gus

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 11:31:26 PM »

Hi Rosalyn,
I would think it is possible for a puppy to go 5 hours without going 'potty,' but only if it was asleep. Presumably you have fed Kirby before going off to work and even if she obliges and goes 'potty' it is highly likely that she will want to go again.  When you say that your Mom & your daughter take kirby out, do you mean for a walk or just out of the crate?   Either way you can only really try to insist perhaps gently that they look out for Kirby while you are gone, do let me know how you resolve the matter, difficult when you are relying on anyone else to be as dilligent as you would yourself.

Cindy
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 10:38:28 AM »

I think I read somewhere that a puppy that is 3 mos., should be able to hold it for at least 3 hrs., 4 mos., 4 hrs., etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: