Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 20, 2019, 03:43:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1496 times)
Cara
« on: July 21, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »

New Here
Hello, thought I would introduce myself and our delightful 9 week old ball of fluff - Miss Sookie. I'm not just new to this community but also brand new to the Bichon Frise breed (forgive me). So I'm hoping that you guys won't mind if I ask lots of novice questions about grooming etc., such when do I take her to the groomers for the first visit? And am I imagining it or do Bichons' actually smile?   
Anyway, here are a few pictures of our gorgeous fur-baby, whom in spite of only being with us nearly a week, with her wonderful gentle temperament and happy disposition has totally stolen our hearts and filled them with joy. Smiley

Cara
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »

And another piccy. :D
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 04:52:05 PM »

fluffwelcome Hi Cara, Hello Sookie!

Oh my, you got a BABEEEEE!!!!  Such a cutie pie!  Yes, bichons DO smile!  They are happy, happy HAPPY pups.

I'm Sandie.  I live in RI,  U.S.A., where are you located?

I currently have the Baker's Dozen  you see in my siggy below.  Frankie is the only puppy, as I was involved in rescue.  The youngest I had was 6 until Frankie came here.  Frankie makes 11 bichons since Dec 2006! 

Poke around, you will find lots of info here.  And another good site is the Bichon Information Station:  http://bichonfriseusa.com/
The top is all medical, keep scrolling down.  You will find info on PUPPY INFO (center column), and FINDING A GROOMER  is under GROOMING on the far left column.  I have been grooming myself for 5 years now.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:17:24 PM »

Welcome, Cara! Thanks for the lovely pictures. As Sandie says there's a lot of info here -- and members will be glad to hear about Sookie's progress and to help with any issues.  Nine weeks is a little young to get a pup, so be patient!

Cara
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 07:11:25 AM »

Hello Sandy and SouthJerseyCraig, thanks for the lovely welcome and the pointers of where to find info. I'm based in Gloucestershire, England. Although Sookie is very young but she very bright and responses beautifully to praise, so her basic puppy training is coming along wonderfully. :D

Cara
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 07:12:36 AM »

That should read *responds*. Smiley 
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »

Hello little one - aren't you lovely!  I am Pam in Tyneside with Pepe nearly 16, Poppy 15 (I think) and our baby Bengy 12.  Just take care because these little ones are very manipulative.  Got the tea shirt as they say :nodding:Training is essential.  I would recommend a good puppy training class and establish rules that are acceptable to you and yours. And start as you mean to go on or she will have you round her little paw.  They love training classes and then mini agility is a wow.
Pam

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »

Welcome Cara and Sookie! Wub She's a loveword2:

Feel free to ask any questions at all. We have lots of different sections right here on Bichon.ca

that are full of the best most asked questions and answered by those that have lived it. nodding

Here's a helpful thread...

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 05:18:36 PM »

Welcome to the group.You have such a cutie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: