Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 24, 2019, 06:51:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see lots of bichons around?  (Read 5534 times)
Coastal Bichon

Little Toby

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 01:10:32 PM »

Well, the worst has happened, my DH is being tended to by Hospice, without much time left.  He wants me to place Toby with someone who will love him like we do. 

I have to think of my autistic grandson who has been neglected too long. And selfishly I don't want the responsibility of a dog. He has separation anxiety so bad.  He is the first dog I've  ever seen not afraid of thunder storms, he sit in the window and barks at the thunder!!

He has a wonderful personality.

I want to place him with someone familiar with Bichon's or better yet has some. 
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 02:30:26 PM »

I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband. I'm sure you'll do what's best for your family. No one can judge that hasn't walked in your shoes. Take care of yourself.

southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 02:43:07 PM »

Just wanted to add that a good rescue group will not hand Toby to the first person who wants him. Toby will likely go to a foster-parent, who can observe Toby and see what he's like; for instance, does he seem like the kind of dog who needs other dogs in the house?  (Maybe that will help his separation anxiety). The group will then assess potential adopters -- Toby will attract some, for sure --  and place Toby with an owner who can meet his needs. The group will not walk away at that point; they will monitor and even do a home visit to make sure that Toby is doing well. So you can feel assured that he will not neglected. 
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 03:40:44 PM »

I echo what Chris and Craig have said.  I am sorry that things have worked out so badly for your family and wanted you to know I am thinking about you all.
Pam

Coastal Bichon

Little Toby

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 02:13:05 AM »

How can I be sure I find a reputable Rescue group, there are a lot of shady looking one's out there.
southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »

Here's an idea: go to Petfinder.com and act as though you're searching for a bichon. You'll see that each dog will have a rescue group listed. Those groups work with petfinder, and are reputable.  (Check other  similar breeds, like maltese, and you may find more organizations that handle bichons. You can also go to "smallpaws.com," a well-known group.

FWIW, a family in my area recently surrendered *eight* bichons (young, but not puppies) to the rescue group. The fosters are trying to figure out which are reliably house-trained. (It's not easy for an owner to know who is house-trained when he/she has so many dogs!). Those dogs will surely be placed so long as they aren't biters or something of that kind.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: