Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 17, 2019, 08:46:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi my name is Nicky  (Read 1754 times)
Nicky61

« on: April 14, 2016, 06:38:20 PM »

:fluffnewhere:Freddie is my beautiful and NAUGHTY six month old puppy.  I hope that I can use this forum for advise and general chit chat about this wonderful breed of dog.   
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 09:16:37 AM »

fluffwelcome  Hi Nicky and Freddie!  So pleased you found us.  There is a LOT of information on here, so browse around.

I'm Sandie.  I live in Mass. with my 5 rescued bichons. 

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 09:33:17 AM »

You asked in the other thread about posting photos.  You have a few options.

1.  Use the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS below the text box.  Click on that and a menu pops up. You will see:
Attach: BROWSE - click on that button.  Now move about on your computer to the photo you want to upload, and click on it.  The link will appear next to the Browse button; where it says No file selected.  If you want to add another photo, click (more attachments) for a new Browse button!

The problem you will encounter is that usually our photos on computer are too large for a forum.  So you need to resize the photo before adding it here.  What version of Windows do you use: 7, 8.1 etc.  Use Google and search for: Windows 7 image resizer.  These are small files, they do not take up much space on your computer, so download and use that to resize your photos before you upload them on here.

2.  You can also set up a free account on photobucket.com  Then upload your photos to that.  There is a way to resize in photobucket, or you can still use the image resizer described above, then upload the already smaller photos to your photobucket account.  From photobucket, you use the IMG link and post that right IN this text box, at the point where you want the photo to show up.

I like using photobucket as it also means I have a backup of the photo, in case something happens to my computer.  After losing some photos when an old computer died about 7 years back,  scared now I backup on to photobucket, onedrive, Googledrive and I also have a separate hard drive for photo storage.   

Note if you use photobucket:  think of it as a huge file drawer.  You can just load all the photos to your account; then try finding one later!  So instead, form a system.  I do it by year.  So I set up a subalbum for the year 2016.  I do not put ANY photos in there.  Instead that is a list of subalbums for the year.  I name the subalbums by the month, day and some title to clue me in as to what the series of photos are. 

Good luck, look forward to seeing some photos of your Freddie!

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 11:19:59 AM »

Hello Freddie and Nicky
Lovely to see you here.  I am Pam from NE England with Pepe, Poppy and Bengy Bichons.  There is loads of useful information on the forum - hope you enjoy
Pam

susie l
NOVICE

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 03:27:42 PM »

Hi Freddie and Nicky,
So nice to see you here.
I'm Susie and I live in Pennsylvania with my furbaby Olivia.
Just to add to what Sandie posted about resizing....... If you have upgraded to windows 10  in order to resize you need to use Paint.net which shows up in the menu under all apps.  In Paint.net the option to resize is hidden in the toolbar under image.  Hit on image and you will see the resize option right under the crop to selection option.
600 pixels is a good choice.....

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 05:27:53 PM »

Welcome to the group.

Freddie is just learning and not meaning to be naughty.Puppy years are hard but you miss them when the are gone.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: