Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 20, 2019, 03:25:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie bichon parents here!  (Read 4756 times)
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 09:22:47 AM »

Glad you enjoyed the vids.  Yep sometimes MINE will perk up listening to themselves, ha haa.

Hard to say about that back and forth.  My gal Riley does something similar right before she poops.  Doesn't matter if she is on or off leash.  Sometimes you just have to observe and learn what they are trying to 'say.'  Remember, in Dogdom, t :fluffnewhere:e primary form of communication is body language!

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 05:14:22 PM »

Bee is very cute.Welcome to the group.Abby is nearly 10 and still hates the rain.She looks out the window and will only ask for a walk on a sunny day.She will refuse to go if she sees rain.

Alison

lucca

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 09:39:39 AM »

Hi all.   I'm from Northern England too.   My Ella is a Bichon Bolognese and is 3 years old.  When she was a puppy I do not think I could have coped without the advice and chat on this site.  I recognise the description of the "Lead Dash".  She actually runs round in circles at break neck speed and I also think that is part of the "Bichon Blitz".  She is very happy when doing it and manages not to bump in to anything. Like a lot of others she HATES the rain - I must say I agree with her. 
Mariana

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 04:42:55 PM »

Hi Southjerseycraig:

She is actually an awesome walker and is currently doing great on a loose leash. She just does this back and forth sometimes and so I was wondering if it was part of the blitz. Nevertheless, thank you for the input.
southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »

She's an awesome walker! That's quite a credit to you and to her! Good luck!
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 10:31:22 AM »

My Ella is a Bichon Bolognese and is 3 years old.  
Of topic I know but Wheeee!  Didn't know there was another Bolognese on the forums.  Our Poppy is a bolo.
Pam
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:29:30 PM by pam » Logged

Mariana

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 05:14:27 PM »

Hi all.   I'm from Northern England too.   My Ella is a Bichon Bolognese and is 3 years old.  When she was a puppy I do not think I could have coped without the advice and chat on this site.  I recognise the description of the "Lead Dash".  She actually runs round in circles at break neck speed and I also think that is part of the "Bichon Blitz".  She is very happy when doing it and manages not to bump in to anything. Like a lot of others she HATES the rain - I must say I agree with her. 

I do too. Unfortunately we cant move, at least for now. When we were in Florida in February Bee was the happiest girl we have ever seen. Portland is definitively not great, during the winter, in her estimation. hehehe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: