Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
August 22, 2017, 05:20:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stroller vs Wagon?  (Read 6655 times)
MaryB
NOVICE

Mia, Mimi, Daisy, Bruno

« on: January 21, 2016, 08:52:13 PM »

Hello Everybody!  wave

My one furbaby has bad knees so she cannot walk as far as the other two, so I am looking for a stroller or wagon so she can ride and not miss anything. Does anyone have an opinion about which is better or even a used one they would consider selling?

Thanks so much.   Thank You
susie l
NOVICE

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:25:06 PM »

Hi Mary,  I can't talk about a wagon since I have no experience with that.  I did however purchase a jogging stroller for Olivia and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.  My dog hates to walk and is extremely fearful to boot.  Add to it that I am physically challenged with balance issues and extensive nerve damage with an almost useless arm so, holding on to my furbaby on walks was painful an exhausting for me.  I bought this on sale at the time.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WMZ7XE
Mine fits Olivia fine but if you wanted to put all three in I think you would need one like the Pet Gear AT3

I found this article very helpful in choosing, issues that I hadn't thought about but turned out to be important like size and type of the wheels and handle height not to mention an underneath area for sweater  water bowl, and anything else to carry...
http://joggingstrollerplaza.com/pet-jogging-strollers-and-my-top-3-list/

I also found a hands-free jogging bungee leash that makes life so much easier....especially using it in conjunction with the stroller.   I bought one without the bungee as well..... All depends whether you mind them being out in front of you because the bungee gives them a little more freedom..... or on the side of you.   Wish I would have known about these years ago....
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IIUK6U

So we start out with that leash and usually I'll put her in the stroller on the way back....  Both these things have made the walks really enjoyable.  Another plus is she is much less fearful in the stroller.
Hope this helps....

MaryB
NOVICE

Mia, Mimi, Daisy, Bruno

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »

susie, thank you so much.  Yes, just the one would need to ride, and the cost is so high is why i was considering the wagon. Ok, off to check out the links.
MaryB
NOVICE

Mia, Mimi, Daisy, Bruno

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »

That is a beautiful stroller!  I love that! 
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:03:04 PM »

MaryB
NOVICE

Mia, Mimi, Daisy, Bruno

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »

Ok, because of the cost of the nicer strollers, I ordered this wagon.   I ordered the paw print one, it's lite blue.   I know it will need a thick blanket in the bottom for a comfortable ride.  What do you think?

http://www.qvc.com/Creative-Outdoors-All-Terrain-Folding-Wagon-with-Divider.product.M48802.html?sc=M48802-&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-M48802&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/m/02/m48802.001?$uslarge$
susie l
NOVICE

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 06:42:45 PM »

After having the stroller and seeing that when I lengthened the tether with a bit of an artificial extension, (bad idea on my part) Olivia unexpectedly tried to jump out into the street when we neared the house.  Since I was pushing the stroller I saw that immediately.....Something to be aware of especially when pulling a wagon from behind and not seeing them constantly.  Also. how tip worthy is it? 
I wound up paying the same price as the wagon for that stroller on sale....In fact Amazon was nice enough to adjust the the price down.  I had paid full price and less than a week later it went all the way down in price.  I wrote to Amazon and at some point called their customer service. They were kind enough to refund me the difference!....Funny how Amazon prices things...just a change in color can make a big difference in the price....and over a time there are really crazy price swings up and down..... I use Keepa and Camelizer apps to get price alerts for price drop on items I'm interested in....

Hope the wagon works out for you....

MaryB
NOVICE

Mia, Mimi, Daisy, Bruno

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 07:01:30 PM »

Thanks for that info, susie.  I couldnt find any pet stroller for this price.  I see what you are saying and am glad told me. 
Maybe I jumped too soon and should have waited and looked more.  :-(
MaryB
NOVICE

Mia, Mimi, Daisy, Bruno

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 10:51:47 PM »

Naw, Susie, did you see the one I ordered?  It has the big fat tires, that is suppose to not flip ...  is that the one you mentioned or the one with skinny tires?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: