Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
November 17, 2017, 10:09:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first Bichon  (Read 6286 times)
southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 04:26:52 PM »

Oh, sorry! I didn't check the earlier parts of the thread.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 12:03:04 PM »

Oh WOW!  I love the story of Turbo and Nitro!  Thanks for sharing.  I didn't mean to imply you were stupid; sometimes we say furkids are siblings as they live in the same house, I wasn't sure if that is what you were getting at.  How wonderful that you have a home full of rescues!  (I do as well, all mine are rescues, dogs and cats).

And Hemi is a poochon, as my Riley!  Yep, the tall legs give it away, ha haaa.  Along with a sleeker body; bichons tend to have a box body, lol.

Thank You

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
dodgediva2

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »

Yes, he's tall but light weight. He only weighs 11 lbs.
 I retired in May so I have more time to spend with the fur babies now. I walk them around the neighborhood and Hemi is learning how to walk on a leash. I've been walking every other day with all 4 of them (one at a time) since July. Hemi was a total idiot on the leash so about 4 weeks ago we started training. I give them all grades when I get home. Hemi got an A today for the first time. Turbo was even better. Nitro and Perro are usually good anyway but they all have their moments. I'm determined to train Hemi and Nitro. I love my babies.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 08:24:23 PM »

He heee, yep those long legs are the give away; my Riley is a poochon as well. 

southjerseycraig
NOVICE

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 08:52:35 PM »

Sandie, I'm sure there is a lot of variety among poochons because they are a cross: but do you find that poochons need less grooming than bichons?
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 05:37:06 PM »

Craig, that all depends on the individual dog.  My Riley has a poodle coat, definitely NOT a bichon coat.  MUCH easier to groom, does not tangle nearly as easily.  Overall her coat is easy to deal with and her grooming sessions are less than half the time I spend on the bichons.

dodgediva2

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 12:04:18 PM »

The only think Poodle about Hemi is his size. Tall and thin. His fur is all Bichon. It's thick and grows fast. Sandie, Riley looks a lot like Hemi. I think the Poochon is a fabulous breed. If they had to cross, it was a good match.

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »

He's a beautiful boy.Lucky to have a new home with you and lucky you that you get to enjoy a bichon

Daisy's Mom
Daisy and her mom Rosie!
ENTHUSIAST

Daisy Mae

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 07:01:06 PM »

Hi I'm Rosie and I'm so happy you rescued that beautiful fluff . I think sometimes you can't believe everything you read because they are so loving and bonding you'll have unconditional love forever. I lost my Daisymae last month and this time when I think ill do it again ill rescue. They need our love. May I ask how is potty training went and also a question for Sandi too since she rescues is it hard to train a rescue for going outside. That's what I'm worried about because I bought Daisy when she was 8 weeks and was so easy to train. Oh I'm Rosie from Indiana.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: