Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 16, 2019, 09:30:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope and Pup  (Read 7571 times)
Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« on: September 25, 2015, 02:47:32 PM »

The Holy Pontiff is in town. Schnoppy and I would like to see the Pope - but it's impossible. So, we did the next best thing - share some pictures from our afternoon walkies. 

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 08:28:02 PM »

Wow, Schnoppy, you are right in the middle of things! It must be very exciting! I have to admit, I would not have been surprised if the Pope had picked Schnoppy out of the crowd to kiss and bless- he's just that cute. Don't give up, pup!

Very clever use of the dump trucks. Very bizarre that the Italian tourists posed for random strangers! Overall, a very interesting post, as usual.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 10:58:21 PM »

I really appreciated this post.  I hadn't really thought about how much people's lives are effected when some important dignitary arrives, and the Pope does get all the bells and whistles for security.

I agree if the Pope saw Schnoppy, a blessing would happen for sure, he is so cute!

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 09:35:37 AM »

Hi Chris and Sandie - thanks re: the Pope and Pup. We actually did see the Pontiff as he was leaving for Philadelphia. He was in his Fiat and waving. Nice smile. High Energy.   rock

We didn't actually plan to see him ; it was a result of needing to get to the hospital this early AM and finding our route blocked by his departure route to the airport.  Yikes.  Laughing

There were a lot a pups near the barricades waiting with their owners to see the Pope. Most of the pups seemed nonplus.    :closed eyes:    And Chris - the Italians were posing for the pic. only because a few of us were holding cameras for them so both girlfriend and boyfriend could pose together.  So, I was essentially telling a fib. And as a parochial school graduate - I need to say penance until eternity.   scared  Or feel guilty/naughty about the whole thing which is something the nuns taught me and hold dear to my heart. devil2   But maybe, seeing the Pope gives me an out?   original   

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »

You can't say:  it was a result of needing to get to the hospital this early AM
and not explain further!  I hope all is well with all of you.

I am so excited for you, that you got to see Pope Francis!  Awesome even if not planned.  Just fantastic!

As for the parochial school, I too am a grad.  A feeling guilty about a fib for all eternity yes, that's what I recall as well!   Laughing
My high school was all girls;; my graduating class was 42.  Today, the school is co-ed, includes dorms and has 35 students from around the world, and graduates a bit over 200 annually.  Oh, and trying to find a nun on the school grounds is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!  The nuns do live in the convent behind the school, and some are teachers, 2 or 3 even in that school.  My how times change!  So, with the changing times,  I think seeing the Pope gives you an out!

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 06:55:07 AM »

You can't say:  it was a result of needing to get to the hospital this early AM
and not explain further!  I hope all is well with all of you.

I am so excited for you, that you got to see Pope Francis!  Awesome even if not planned.  Just fantastic!

As for the parochial school, I too am a grad.  A feeling guilty about a fib for all eternity yes, that's what I recall as well!   Laughing
My high school was all girls;; my graduating class was 42.  Today, the school is co-ed, includes dorms and has 35 students from around the world, and graduates a bit over 200 annually.  Oh, and trying to find a nun on the school grounds is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!  The nuns do live in the convent behind the school, and some are teachers, 2 or 3 even in that school.  My how times change!  So, with the changing times,  I think seeing the Pope gives you an out!

Thank you Sandie.  All is good on the medical front.  nodding   Now Obama, Putin and more delegates are visiting NYC/UN.  Still pretty much a traffic nightmare here + the same attack dogs on out street. There is a daily contingent of 8 guys with ear buds, plus their ominous black vehicles.

And yes.  rock   There is nothing quite as much fun as Catholic School where olde' time processes were in place.  Being a graduate is even better!!!   The best joke in elementary Catholic School was spelling God backwards.   Rolled Eyes   That, or the Pagan babies collection boxes.    Take it easy.  Der Human

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »

And Chris - the Italians were posing for the pic. only because a few of us were holding cameras for them so both girlfriend and boyfriend could pose together.  So, I was essentially telling a fib. And as a parochial school graduate - I need to say penance until eternity.   scared  Or feel guilty/naughty about the whole thing which is something the nuns taught me and hold dear to my heart. devil2   But maybe, seeing the Pope gives me an out?   original   

I have to say, Ken, you taught me something. I am a bit freakish about pics of my kids being online, so I have to watch if we lend out a camera to see if other pics are being taken with other cameras. Not sure what I would do, though. Actually, I caught a guy taking pictures of my then 9 year old daughter bouncing on a ride in SF and I went up to him and asked him what he was doing. He claimed not to speak English, so I told myself he was just an over-enthusiastic tourist. The paranoia is a long boring story, and I'm probably being naive- I'm sure my kids have appeared on Facebook, etc without my knowing (I'm not on those sites). You can't control everything. I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about, though. These 2 look like adults and it's a lovely picture that any photographer would like to take, I'm sure.

Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 09:06:58 PM »

[/quote]
I have to say, Ken, you taught me something. I am a bit freakish about pics of my kids being online, so I have to watch if we lend out a camera to see if other pics are being taken with other cameras. Not sure what I would do, though. Actually, I caught a guy taking pictures of my then 9 year old daughter bouncing on a ride in SF and I went up to him and asked him what he was doing. He claimed not to speak English, so I told myself he was just an over-enthusiastic tourist. The paranoia is a long boring story, and I'm probably being naive- I'm sure my kids have appeared on Facebook, etc without my knowing (I'm not on those sites). You can't control everything. I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about, though. These 2 look like adults and it's a lovely picture that any photographer would like to take, I'm sure.
[/quote]

Hi Chris,

What's interesting is that in most folks (outside of the US and in my experience) don't particularly care whether or not you take images, or video.  That said - I am doing this usually in a scientific, or academic context so my intent is known ahead of time. 

Personally, nothing creeps me out more than some lone guy taking snaps of kids, or women. And I will ask that person not to take pics. w/o my permission.   Me, I don't particularly care who takes my picture. No one needs the mug of a Der Human.  mobster    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your kids and Mr. Darwin are lucky to have a mom like you.   clapping

p.s. on a UN note - I think either Obama, or Putin passed by Schnoppy and I this evening. Many, many police!   On my block the the streets are full of UN delegates walking to some function in full dress. Cute.   

bichondad
Ridgewood, NJ

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »

Way cool post perfesser!

Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 03:06:01 PM »

Schnoppy sez " Thenk You!"   Thanks

I took Der for a quick stroll and discovered on our block was jammed with swat teams, guys with assault rifles (w/tactical gear), more helicopters, more metal barriers, special black cars with domes and antennas sticking out & people positioned on roofs. My guess - Obama is on our block.Or Putin.  Since the Chinese bought the Waldorf they've been reconstructing the Loews hotel next to us to accommodate US dignitaries. Bites for anyone staying there as they all have to go through a metal detector too.  No
The good thing is the Chinese delegation is probably @ the Waldorf!!!   

Also, Schnoppy wanted to play with the black lab bomb sniffing dog who was checking vehicles making deliveries. Sadly, the nice doggie was working and never noticed Der Perfesser who made a different kind of a bomb one block away. Pew.  clown

If I get a chance we'll try and take snaps.  We were both hoping the UN circus was LONG gone.   hyper

bichondad
Ridgewood, NJ

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 04:23:25 PM »

Cool beans Schnoppy!   clapping I think that if all da humans with guns and bad attitudes  mobster had us bichons work stuff out -- it would be a better world!   Love We could rename that place on 1st Avenue -- the BichUN!  fluff

Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 06:19:56 PM »

Hi Milo,

You are rightsk!  I wish everyone could be like us BichUn's.  thumbup   I made a comicsk page. It has been very hard for us to walk around these days and the people we usually meet do not seem so happy. I haven't see my pup friend muchsk too.  No  We don't like these guns and stuff.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 07:40:41 PM »

Schnoppy! You have such grand adventures! Of course, that's how it looks to those of us not living there. I'm sure if you're just trying to go about your business, it doesn't seem so grand. We had heard about the 'boycot' of the Waldorf Astoria. It's all such politics. I heard they were worried about, ahem, privacy....

I just called my 10 year old son over to read the 'cartoons' and he said they reminded him of Tintin (one of his favorites) with Scnoppy as Snowy!! Too cute. Thanks you so much for your creativity.

Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »

Schnoppy! You have such grand adventures! Of course, that's how it looks to those of us not living there. I'm sure if you're just trying to go about your business, it doesn't seem so grand. We had heard about the 'boycot' of the Waldorf Astoria. It's all such politics. I heard they were worried about, ahem, privacy....

I just called my 10 year old son over to read the 'cartoons' and he said they reminded him of Tintin (one of his favorites) with Scnoppy as Snowy!! Too cute. Thanks you so much for your creativity.

Hi Chris,

Please tell your son that Schnoppy feels honored to be compared with Snowy!  Schnoppy says he'll try to make more comics - perhaps with a more child oriented-whimsical feel.    Thank You

On a UN and NYC note - the barriers and delegates are still here!!!  scared   Living in Manhattan is definitely a trip. And certainly a rush for tourists.  However, it gets old & stressful quick.  Schnoppy much prefers the beaches and clean air of his adopted East Coast beach town.  When I get some vacation time I'll have to take him to Yosemite, the dunes of Oregon, or the Marina Green in San Francisco. That's living.  rock

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »

Darwin (and his humans) actually lives on the CA coast, about 5 hours north of SF, 2 hours south of the Oregon border. Schnoppy should stop and say hey if you drive up the coast! It is absolutely gorgeous here, but there is this wee little cultural phenomenon called 'the Emerald Triangle' that we were somehow completely oblivious until we moved here. I can definitely draw a parallel between how it is to live in Manhattan- exciting, but overwhelming on a day-to-day basis, and here- gorgeous, so long as you can 'not see' anything not native to the scenery! Hard to do on a daily basis.

Arman would definitely love more 'Adventures of Schnoppy'. I'm sure he wouldn't be the only one!

Schnoppy
Jacque Pupsteau-Explorer
ENTHUSIAST

Bichon-Frise.ca

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 09:32:11 PM »

Darwin (and his humans) actually lives on the CA coast, about 5 hours north of SF, 2 hours south of the Oregon border. Schnoppy should stop and say hey if you drive up the coast! It is absolutely gorgeous here, but there is this wee little cultural phenomenon called 'the Emerald Triangle' that we were somehow completely oblivious until we moved here. I can definitely draw a parallel between how it is to live in Manhattan- exciting, but overwhelming on a day-to-day basis, and here- gorgeous, so long as you can 'not see' anything not native to the scenery! Hard to do on a daily basis.

Arman would definitely love more 'Adventures of Schnoppy'. I'm sure he wouldn't be the only one!

Thank you Chris, Arman and Darwin, Thanks

We love that part of Ca. So gorgeous.  And yes - certainly understand about the "farmers" and their harvests.  When I was at UC Santa Cruz - we had to be careful about where we were hiking lest someone unloaded a barrel, or their tiger on us.  On a good note - all the police, cop dogs and UN diplomats have all GONE home.  cheerleader   Now we are able to take a walkies without fear of being frisked, or stopped.  I could also tell the NYC Police were more than happy too. 

We'll try and make some more adventures of Schnoppy/Snowy sometime in the near future.   original

Cheers,

Der Human and his Little Perfesser

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: