Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 10:48:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Harness  (Read 7791 times)
Chesters Mom

« on: May 05, 2015, 02:23:26 PM »

I was having trouble finding a harness that would hold my Chester.  It seemed he was able to escape from every one I tried.  The last time he was able to back out of his harness and run to attack my neighbor's pit bull.  It happened so fast I didn't even see him get out.  Luckily, both dogs were OK.  Chester doesn't tolerate other dogs in his territory.  I searched on the internet for a harness that might hold him and I stumbled across a harness that was on the Dachshund Delight site.  The harness was originally developed to fit Dachshunds but they work on any breed.  They are custom made to your dog's measurements.  There is a strap that fits around the neck and one that goes around the torso.  There are no leg holes for the dog to slip out of.  The harness is made out of your choice of fabric and trim color and there is a lot to choose from.  The ring to hold the leash is on the back so that it is safe for the dog.  I plan on ordering a second one.  The harness fits Chester to a "T".  He has actually been complimented on his attractive harness!
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 03:16:09 PM »

Its great to find something that suits so well

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »

Excellent!  Glad you found something!

I would have suggested the Rope N Go, as I had this issue with my puppy mill rescue, Tasha.  That was the only one she could not back out of.

Do you have a link for the harness?  It is always good to have for future reference.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 08:08:06 AM »

A link of where to purchase the harness would be good and a picture of your boy wearing one would be even better!  nodding

Thank you Alison!
Chesters Mom

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »

The website is dachshunddelights.com.  The harness is called Hug-A-Dog harness.  I tried to post a picture but I just got a message saying that my file was too large.  I don't know how to change the file size.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: