Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
March 18, 2019, 04:44:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knotty Nora!!!!  (Read 7374 times)
Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »

.I do tend to do it when she's relaxed and sitting on my lap, she generally then falls asleep,

I am always searching for tangles, etc. during laptime.   nodding  That's probably why Missy enjoys laptime with daddy more.   Laughing

Thanks Del
Audra

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 02:08:34 PM »

Ha ha me too, I think Loki is getting very fed up with me..

I saw another brush in the pet shop today shaped and looks like a loop, it says it's for removing loose hair whilst brushing.....would this be useful? Does anyone use one?

Audra x

Chesters Mom

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »

Chester was very knotty was he was younger, too.  He's 3 now and the knots are pretty much gone.  Just the occasional one now and then.  I took him to a groomer twice.  The first time he was about 7 months old and did have some knots.  She said she did the best she could.  His face was fine but she trimmed one side of his body very short and left the other side long.  He had razor burn on his bottom from the trimmers that she used.  And then she had the nerve to scold ME!  She said that he was too old for a first trim and that now he would be scared every time.  We never went back.  Some time later I thought it would be a good idea to try a different groomer.  I didn't want him to be really short, but the groomer said he had too many knots and that she would need to trim him pretty close.  I didn't think he had hardly any knots ( I checked before we left the house), but I decided to go ahead with her plan and I went home.  I got a phone call as soon as I got home.  She said she was going to shave his ears because he had a knot on one ear.  I almost said "don't you have a scissors?" but I just said don't do anything and I will come get him.  I trimmed the knot from his ear when we got home.  I have trimmed him myself since then.  He might not look perfect but he doesn't care.  And it's free!
Audra

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 03:24:16 PM »

Oh bless you Chester and your mummy,  how awful for you....I have been asking around when I see people with dogs that look nice to ask them where they take them....I think it's hard to find someone who knows how to cut a Bichon properly.....I don't want Loki looking like a show dog but I do want her to look nice...There is a man that walks a Bichon past my house that always looks lovely, but I keep missing him, he walk really fast lol.

I brush Loki everyday and she always has a few knots, it's the mats I worry about....but to look at her you wouldn't think she gets brushed everyday....she always look so bedraggled lol

Audra x

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 07:10:01 AM »

I'm not sure of the brush you mean,but I don't think it would help.Any loose hair will come out when you comb.I did have an undercoat rake when Abby's coat was changing and it was helpful but I don't use it now

Audra

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 09:05:03 PM »

Ah I think thats just what it might be Alison, makes sense, I've seen the ones you mean, I think this may be the sale just a different shape. .....I keep finding clumps of fur on the bed and furniture.

As she is coming to the end of her season, which the vet seems to think will go on for an extra couple of weeks as she was so heavy, I've noticed a few new personality traits and some new noises lol.....what is concerning me more though is that she seems to be trying to dominate me!! As soon as I sit down she's on my arm trying to nuzzle me to stroke and fuss her, but I don't sit down really, usually just to eat, so if I give her a bit of a fuss and the try to eat, she's start to bite and nip me!! It really hurts and my arms are getting covered in bruises!! She gets quite agitated and spiteful!! I am pushing her awat and ignoring her, when she gets to much, I pin her to the floor until she's calm.....I don't like doing it though, she only does it to me!! Am I doing the right thing, any tips?

Audra x

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: