Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 17, 2019, 11:58:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missy and I filled out adoption papers  (Read 14753 times)
Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2015, 12:39:59 PM »

Thanks Debbra.  It's nice to know that our fluffs medical records haven't been hit by privacy regulations yet.   nodding  I'll do as you suggest and give the vet's office the previous vet name as well as send email to rescue group.  I had asked but she hasn't responded to that section of my email.  I do need to make  sure that she gets on Sentinel heartworm and flea protection.  I know if she needs dental, we are going to wait a bit, if possible, until she is completely secure and comfortable.  Her breath is really bad and one doesn't have to get very close to be affected by it. 

I fed her a lot yesterday since she wasn't eating much the first two days but today, I am getting her on Missy's feeding schedule. 

It was funny last night when she seemed to want a potty call around midnight.  I put her raincoat and harness on to take her to the backyard.  As we were going out the door, Missy decided she wanted to go along so I just said ok , quick without your coat. 
Out we go and Sookie did poo and pee and I noticed that Missy did a token pee though she probably didn't need to.  Time to come in and Sookie and I proceed into the house.  Missy is just standing in the yard giving me that mischievous look that says that maybe she wants to stay out and explore, etc.   Not having the energy to play her game, I just said that was fine with me and Sookie would get the treat.  Of course, Missy came running as I was slowly closing the door.   Laughing

Thanks Del
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2015, 01:16:52 PM »

I'm so happy to read your positive updates Susan!  cheerleader
Personally I think you are making remarkable progress! I can't beleive she is already being responsive to you putting on her rain coat prior to going potty, AND, allowing you to wipe her feet , AND, brush her teeth, all in less than a week, AMAZING!

Life will not be the same with two fluffs in the house. fluffwelcome Welcome home Sookie!

Like Debbra, I too can't wait for the next update.  nodding

Thank you Alison!
Susan J
G.O.D.

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »

Thanks Lin, they just had lunch and then potty time.  She did well and when Missy went on a walk with Ted, I decided to do a bit of a mid-day groom.  I just used a damp eye wipe since she has terrible tear stains.  I think she dislikes that more than the toothbrush.  I used a mint flavor tartar toothpaste that I had left after I switched Missy over to the baking soda and coconut oil paste since I thought that might be more palatable to her.  Missy only gets a tooth brushing at the end of the day including tongue and roof of mouth which she does like.  I'm lucky to just get some of Sookie's teeth.  I put the Plaque Off in her lunch and while Missy licks every grain of it out of the bowl, Sookie only gets that which sticks to her food. 

They are both taking a nap now after a busy morning and I'm taking a nice break too.   Laughing

Thanks Del
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2015, 03:49:02 PM »

Its so lovely that they are bonding so fast.

I sonetimes think Abby would like a friend,but then think she loves being an only dog.It sounds like you've found a great match.Alison

Susan J
G.O.D.

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »

Its so lovely that they are bonding so fast.

I sonetimes think Abby would like a friend,but then think she loves being an only dog.It sounds like you've found a great match.Alison

I think this is a great match.  I always worried that giving her a sister might be a problem (even with a new puppy) if the personality of the other was too dominant and she considered herself alpha over Missy.  When we went for the group walk last night, if Missy and Ted got ahead, Missy kept stopping to look back to make sure Sookie was close.  Sookie would stop to look around at the new sights and then run to catch up with Missy.  We just came back from another group walk and it was so much fun.  Missy is definitely not bored and it is easier than I thought to start getting them on the same schedule. 

Thanks Del
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2015, 09:16:47 PM »

WOW, I am so impressed!
I hate to sound pessimistic but it almost sounds too good to be true and you know what they say about that.  thinking
In any event I am enjoying your updates Susan. The new arrival has even managed to get the recluse out for an evening walk, wow!  thumbup
Wishing you continued success?

Thank you Alison!
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »

It is great to hear that things continue to go well.  Watching the two of them interact is sure to bring you and Ted lots of enjoyment with each new experience and as Sookie becomes more and more comfortable.  There may be occasional setbacks but sounds like you are on your way to a happy new family.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2015, 09:49:10 PM »

That sounds really positive! I'm so happy for all of you!!

bokie
NOVICE

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »

just finished reading all 4 pages of the thread, glad to learn everything's going well!

Big sister Missy is looking after Sookie on the walks, that's just great!

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »

Aw Missy is the perfect big sister.She is so adorable

nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2015, 08:09:07 PM »

You are doing such a good job Susan - well done, it's not easy taking on a rescue. I don't want to burst any bubbles because things are obviously going well, just be aware that there is usually a honeymoon period. Things sometimes take a step backwards once the dogs realises that they really are safe and loved. It certainly happened with my Ruby, nothing major, but enough to make me wonder what on earth was going on. Ten months down the track Ruby is well and truly a member of my family.
I'm so glad Missy has accepted Sookie, keep up the good work.

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »

I came looking for an update, possibly a picture or two  whistling
How are things going?

Thank you Alison!
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »

Same as Lin I was hoping for more news.  Hope things are continuing to go well.

Susan J
G.O.D.

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »

Thanks all.  I posted a new picture as well as Missy's update in a new thread under Missy's pictures.   original

Thanks Del
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: