Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 19, 2019, 09:33:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loki's First Groom  (Read 2613 times)
Audra

« on: October 02, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »

OK so I finally plucked up the courage to take Loki to the groomer. I was so worried when I left her, but she didn't miss me AT ALL!!!  LOL!

Here are the before and afters.......its a bit short, don't you think?

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »

Very cute. As far as it being short- it depends on the 'look' that you are going for. Puppy fur is much different that adult fur, so I see lots of bichon puppies styled this way, but if you want the round head (and not everyone does- it's just one option) you'll have to let the fur on her face grow longer to meld with her ears. There's certainly time for that, though. Right now, she looks darling!

Audra

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 05:25:43 AM »

Ah thank you Chris, I would like it a bit longer round her face, still I know for next time lol

quick question for anyone, Loki is losing her baby teeth, I found her playing with a couple of the big ones!! But I know they are hurting her, she keeps chopping her mouth (only way to describe it) if you know what I mean, and having a little whine at me. I'm sure its because they're sore, can I ise bonjela or something like that? I bought her some treats which contain clove oik, but I don't really think they are helping x

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »

She looks cute.Maybe take some pics next time to the groomer if you'd like a different style.The most important thing is a good experience for her first visit.Alison

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 12:27:19 AM »

I have just been through teething with Demi, I giggled when you found Loki playing with some of hers. I have had 3 bichons and have never found one tooth yet!
For her sore gums, try wetting a soft rolled face cloth and then freezing it in the freezer then let her chew at it. This sometimes helps as well as frozen ice. I am not sure about using Bonjela, perhaps give your vet a call about that.  original

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »

Loki is such a sweetie!  Love all her photos, before AND after, lol.

Perhaps you can also add some of the clove oil to the frozen washcloth.  The frozen washcloth is a standard thing for teething pups, I can't add any other ideas.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Audra

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 06:15:01 PM »

Oh thank you so much everyone, her teeth must really be bothering her today as she has hardly eaten a thing.....she has no sickness or diarrhea and is playing, so must be her teeth, besides she's really chomping on the squeaky soft toys (and me!!) not interested in the hard ones at all. I will do the wash cloth right now.....it is also very interesting as whenever I open the freezer door she's there like a shot looking for any falling ice, and if I get a cold bottle of water out of the fridge she licks the cold condensation on the outside!!

A good idea for the groomer as well Alison thank you, the groomer said she was very well behaved, she didn't cry and just let her wash, blow dry, cut, clip her claws and pluck her ears, oh my gosh, her ears are so clean now!! She said she didn't have to put a lead on her or anything she just happily stood there lol.....bless her, at least I have done something right then, as I always stand her up on my draining board to clean her eyes and brush her....shes clearly a little diva  LOL!  Girl Bichon

Audra

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »

Sandie, I just looked at your photos again, of when you dressed up your furkids snd went to the park festival, I really like the grooming on their faces, that exact length, this is how I would like Loki to look. Is is ok if I print off the picture and take it to the groomers next time I go? x

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »

That's great clapping that Loki fluff enjoyed her first grooming experience (& was a good girl innocent to boot).  She's cute as button Wub.  The others have given you great advice about her teething... hope her teething period is over soon.  Sending Bichon hugs Hug & kisses Kiss.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: