Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 17, 2019, 12:07:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 year old Bichon needs a home  (Read 4298 times)
BichonMom86

« on: June 20, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »

I have recently been trying to adopt a Bichon (you can see my post in "getting a bichon"). I found two great Bichons, but due to space constraints, I cannot get both. They are both great dogs, and deserve homes! The Bichon that I did not choose to adopt is named Barney: he is an 8 year old Bichon who is severely overweight, the rescue who took him in thinks he was in a home with an elderly person who had dementia, and constantly who overfed him. I've never met him, but according to Debbie, who owns the rescue, he's a delight. He is extremely loving, has a great personality, and will bring love /joy to any home he goes to. He needs to go to a home where someone will be able to take time to help him lose weight, as he is currently 48 lbs. If you, or anyone you know, is looking to rescue a Bichon please consider Barney, thank you very much! Here is the actual posting via petfinder:

"Barney is a handsome, extremely overweight Bichon who needs Jenny Craig. He was dumped in a local shelter, weighing in at 55 lbs! He was extremely matted and was groomed while in the shelter. Barney is about 8 yrs young, and by the way he acts, you would think he was a puppy. After his grooming, he was so happy that he ran around the yard, playing with a ball. Barney has brought so much joy to me with his playful attitude and happy disposition. He will entertain himself with a toy, throwing it in the air and catching it, or spend the day with the other dogs running around the yard. He needs a home with someone who will take the time to monitor his eating and give him the exercise he needs to lose another 20 lbs. At the vets last week, he weighed in at 48.8 lbs, so he is getting some of the weight off. The blood work came back normal, so it isn't a medical reason for his extreme weight, just poor judgement on the previous owners part. This is a wonderful dog who will fit into almost any home. Don't let his age deter you, as he is an active, playful dog. If you think Barney might be a good fit for you, please contact Debbie at debwolfecorgis@gmail.com. "
BichonMom86

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:39:18 PM »

Sorry I forgot to mention Barney is at a rescue in Hagerstown, MD. Thank you!
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »

I still can't believe the weight!!!! shocking He came into rescue at 55 POUNDS!!!  blink

Thank you Alison!
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »

I still can't believe the weight!!!! shocking He came into rescue at 55 POUNDS!!!  blink

I know, poor puppa!  But he is on the road to recovery now.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »

Barney is not the puppa... Laughing He's a wonderful guy, but the puppa is the puppa. Laugh Hysterical

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:22 PM »

I hope he gets a great new home soon.

Poor thing must find it hard even to walk.Thats cruelty every bit as much as any other kind of abuse.Alison

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: