Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
March 19, 2019, 04:16:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found 2 possible bichons to adopt: help!  (Read 11932 times)
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »

on your new fluffy fluff addition, Alyce!  And KUDOS thumbsup for adopting.
Ollie fluff is adorable! Wub  Can't imagine anyone giving him up (their loss, your gain original).

As Sandie & others have pointed out, you'll hit some bumps sweatdrop along the way.
Not because Ollie fluff is hard to train, but because his previous owners did poorly by him.

But with love and perseverance, you'll both come out tops. thumbup

Let us know how the vet visit went (& continue to post photos pictures)

Sending Bichon hugs Hug & kisses Kiss to Ollie fluff (all the way from Singapore SINGAPORE)

bokie
NOVICE

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »

Ollie is a cutie! Glad he's eating and drinking now!

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »

He's so cute.He must be delighted with his wonderful new home.It just take a little while until he can show you.Alison

BichonMom86

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 02:22:45 AM »

Thank You I'm really so appreciated of all the support I've received here! Seeing Ollie sick has been no fun. Today I took him to the vet. The antibiotics seem to be doing the trick. He is a lot more energetic, and eating more  swing ! The vet said he needs to gain four pounds, it seems he wasn't fed enough at his previous home :-( So we will work on that. I will go back in two weeks to see the rescue league vet so he can check on him.

On the very positive side, I had to leave Ollie alone for the first time since I got him (only one hour, not fun!) he was able to get out of the room that I left him in. So when we came home he came barreling out the front door. My friend tried to hold him but he freed himself, and ran straight for me. He didn't try to run anywhere, just wanted to jump and lick my face!! This was probably the best moment of my life; seeing this little white fluff ball barreling towards me excited as could be Love word fluff 

Thanks everyone,

Alyce & Ollie
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »

WOW~!
Yes Bichons are little escape artists, they will do anything to be with their people!  I'm glad he is doing well.  bouquet

Thank you Alison!
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 08:57:45 AM »

and ran straight for me. He didn't try to run anywhere, just wanted to jump and lick my face!! This was probably the best moment of my life; seeing this little white fluff ball barreling towards me excited as could be Love word fluff 

Alyce & Ollie

yahoo  How wonderful!  You will have this in your memories FOR EVER!!!

Just be careful, one day he will realize Mommy always comes home, and he CAN take an adventure.  So you do need to work on a better entrance.   Laughing  Well, that didn't come out right, NO entrance could be better than that one!  But you gt what I mean, I'm sure, ha haa.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
BichonMom86

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 10:08:55 AM »

No worries  original I understand! I do NOT want him getting out and getting hit by a car, stolen, or lost. I think those are my worst fears. I expedited the order a doggie play pen for him, because his previous owners abused the use of a crate I don't think crate training will be a good idea  No  . Here's what I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5P846Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  There were lots of good reviews for it, so I'm hoping it works out well for us!  original
Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 01:53:35 PM »

fluffwelcome  Ollie

Congratulations on adopting Ollie.  He certainly is cute  Wub

Thanks Del
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 04:28:05 PM »

Aw,thats so lovely.He has bonded already.I find with my rescue cats they soon gain weight and so will he.

Alison

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »

That is a lovely pen you have ordered.  Well done.  I agree Ollie will gain weight with your TLC.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 07:38:28 PM »

Ollie  Love you! This little guy will reward you in so many ways and you will get so much pleasure from him!  original

BichonMom86

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2014, 02:36:00 AM »

Thanks Ollie is doing well Smiley his kennel cough is getting *much* better! He really needs groomed, but until the kennel cough goes away, there isn't much we can do (except daily brushing). I just love him to pieces  Love word . Every day I come home he does the "bichon blitz" which is adorable (I have videos already).  SO FAR he has been great home alone! He is never home alone for more than five hours. No potty issues so far  thumbsup (knock on wood!), but I have him on a strict, timed out, feeding schedule so I believe this helps a bunch. Looking forward to being part of this wonderful community, and sharing more about Ollie  fluff
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »

Wonderful news, I'm happy to hear Ollie is settling in so well!  nodding

Thank you Alison!
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »

That's great progress already.Don't forget we love videos as well as pics.Alison

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: