Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
August 22, 2017, 05:30:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crafty!  (Read 3784 times)
OhBichonPlease

Bridget & Daisy

« on: March 01, 2014, 04:27:17 PM »

I found these while looking for ways Bichon-up my days -

- I just had to get one right away... I am planning to add it to a bag for carrying around Daisy's traveling supplies - extra leash, water bottle, pick-up bags, treats. etc. I would put them on everything if I thought I could get away with it - so cute!

and - which I ordered so I could make sweet little Bichon magnets with some clay that I have around. Once I have a dozen or so painted and ready to go, I will let you all know so I can send them out with love to our Bichon-buddies around the world!
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:07:33 PM »

thumbup Very cute thanks for sharing, I always love looking as Bichon STUFF!

Thank you Alison!
nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 05:20:15 AM »

did you buy them online? can you post a link?

OhBichonPlease

Bridget & Daisy

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »

I found the applique on Etsy 'jnrbrainerd' from https://www.etsy.com/listing/165460356/lace-applique-dog-bichon-frise [she can do multiple colors on the body too] and the mold on eBay from 'moviemaxblue' http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bichon-Frise-Hard-Polymer-Clay-Mold-1-Puppy-Dog-Handmade-/160750835874 . I also got the Maltese mold so I could paint the little bow. And also the spaniel and the terrier for variety. I've barely tested them, but it should be a fun, messy way to spend the day... I am hoping to get decent at pressing and painting them so maybe I could sell some finished magnets on Etsy [for money to spend on Daisy, of course!].
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 10:39:39 AM »

The mould set me thinking about cake decorating  nodding.  Instead of clay if you used that white icing stuff that sets (the same they make flowers from) you could put them all round a cake.  I'll have to see about getting one.  Thank you for the link
Pam

OhBichonPlease

Bridget & Daisy

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »

I am pretty sure you won't be able to use the polymer molds for food stuff [it's not safe for liquids or food grade] - you'll need to get a silicon mold for cake decorations, but that is a great idea. I would love to see some sugar Bichons on a meringue or coconut cake!
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 03:53:11 PM »

Lovely.I look forward to seeing what you make.Alison

pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »

cheerleader
Found a silicone one on ebay suitable for foodstuffs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4cm-Food-Heat-Safe-Silicone-Mould-Toy-Dog-Bichon-Frise-/121291461862?pt=Uk_Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&hash=item1c3d88d4e6

Thank you for the original link - would never have thought of it
Pamsuggestion

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »

I so admire people who are good at crafts.   nodding

Thanks Del
OhBichonPlease

Bridget & Daisy

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »

Oh! That is so cool! Now I want some Bichon candies! Mmm... white chocolate and coconut bichons...

I too admire crafty people... and so keep aspiring to be one... by collecting lots of arts&crafts things. Most of it eventually gets used... *slightly guilty looking at the shelves of supplies collecting dust*

But doing things for Daisy is a great motivator... I have a sewing kit with tiny multicolored daisy beads I am adding to her clothes [just for a little personalization], that I keep by the bed for those nights when there's nothing on TV and I'm feeling restless. I'm terrible at threading needles though, so am eyeing my mini hot glue gun and wondering about the logistics...
BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 06:27:13 PM »

I think the Bichon candies would be quite wasteful. They'd be too cute to eat! Laughing

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 02:21:27 AM »

I love bichon stuff also! fluffthankyou Perhaps you may want to sell some on Bichon Ca.  thumbup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: