Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
March 19, 2019, 03:53:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reputable breeder around Pittsburgh?  (Read 2754 times)
BichonMom86

« on: January 03, 2014, 07:40:50 PM »

Hi All!

I'm planning on getting a bichon in the next six months, and I want to find a really reputable breeder around the Pittsburgh area. This area of PA has TONS of Puppy Mills (and they are well disguised  nono) so I am looking to avoid those at all costs.  I am definitely willing to travel, I don't want to travel to far because of the stress of travel on the baby bichon...so I'm thinking four hours max?

If anyone has any breeders they would recommend I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks so much!!

Alyce
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 07:53:26 AM »

I'm in the UK,so no help to you.I understand what you mean about Puppy Farms as where I live in Wales is a very bad area and I had the same fears and difficulties as you.I hope you find a great breeder soon and come back and show us your new baby.Alison

Daisy's Mom
Daisy and her mom Rosie!
ENTHUSIAST

Daisy Mae

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »

I have to tell you its hard to trust anybody theirs a big yard garden pets shop thats very well known called Alsips nursery and they never told people that they came from puppy mills but was glad to charge ALOT of money for what you think is a pure breed but now they have a new CEO for the company and hes changing and stopping the  puppy mills orders to work with the dog rescues to get dogs and cats in he's very against puppy mills now think about how a fancy place could get away so long with it and I wish the government would work more with stopping it. But they all need love no matter where their from ! You could say no matter what you rescued a puppy from some where! Look I bought Daisymae from what I would call a backyard breeder for $900 and who knows if he  had sister and brother mate who knows Ill never know but even with her leg and hip issues Id buy her again cause I feel like I rescued her! My next puppy will be a rescue they need sooo much love.   Rosie!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: