Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 15, 2019, 09:11:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lookout Car seat questions?  (Read 3395 times)
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« on: December 20, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »

I've ordered a new car today and the back windows are quite high.At the moment I don't let Abby in the car unless someone is in the back with her because of her knee.

Once restrictions are lifted we will be back out again.I don't want her up on her back legs looking out of the window to be on the safe side.

I've found a supplier of Lookout seats in the UK and wonder if they will boost her so she can see out? I was also wondering what people thought of them and what size they used?

Thanks,Alison

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:56:54 PM »

I don't have the Lookout seat but another one and it boosts my furbabies up so that they can look out the window.  They all seem to like their ok and I feel that they are somewhat safe.  I also have a large mesh type kennel to put in the car which takes up most of the middle seat in the back   They cannot see out but they are safe, completetly enclosed. I think that the Look out is what Susan has for Missy.

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:51:59 PM »

Lucky YOU Alison, a new car, a Christmas present for self????
We have an Outlook car seat and  loveword2: loveword2: loveword2: it! I originally bought the medium size for Luigi, not the single or the double but they had one in between for a bigger dog, maybe 20 pounds? shrug  At the time I didn't know how big Luigi would get, then I got Lia.  whistling I later made one for Lia but it wasn't as firm or as high as the Outlook and Lia kept climbing over to Luigi's seat, and the fact that two seats took up too much space if we wanted someone to ride in the car with us, so evenuatlly we just let the two of them share the Outlook seat. So to answer your question, I fit two fluffs in a medium seat and yes they can see out the window just fine in both a car and a van.
I know Abby will  loveword2: loveword2: loveword2: one too!
http://bichon.ca/forum/index.php/topic,22356.0.html
I should have added, in this thread there are shots of both of them in the one seat. They seem to have more than enough room even when right down sound asleep.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:01:55 AM by Lin » Logged

Thank you Alison!
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 05:59:51 AM »

Thanks Andrea and Lin.Those photo's were really helpful as they showed how boosted up they are.They look so comfy together and I'll bet it raises many smiles as you drive by with them.

Abby is 6kgs so I think maybe the small will fit her and it'll take up less room in the car.

I'll probably order one after Christmas I think.Alison

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 02:16:19 PM »

Missy has the oversized seat.  There is plenty of room and since she is the only back seat passenger, we never worried about it taking up room.  The height should be the same on both of them.  Missy can see quite well out the sides and front (between the seats) when she is reclining with her neck on the edge.  She can look out the backwindow too if she sits. 

She took to the seat right away while she suffered terribly from car sickness in another type of seat.  I'm sure it has to do with the stability.  The seat does not move even on the sharpest of turns.  Here is an old picture that might give you more perspective.

Thanks Del
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: