Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 09:38:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An alternative to doggy daycare or any other time you might have to leave a fup  (Read 5831 times)
Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« on: October 29, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »

Now Missy is almost never left on her own but some fluffs have working parents or can't go along on an outing.

Technology advancements  thumbsup  to the rescue   clapping  especially for furpups that love video as much as Missy does. 

You can check it out  HERE

Thanks Del
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »

Interesting,I'm sure it could be useful for some dogs.

But,it would be Abby's idea of h*ll being able to see and hear me and not be able to reach me.Alison

Luana
New Hampshire
EXPERT

Bichon.ca

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »

Ditto, what Alison said. That said, Pepper has to be crated when we are gone, as he gets quite anxious if he isn't.  He, also, does not watch TV unless there is a dog making a noise or barking.

Thank you Del, love it.
bKay, Bullett & Coco
NOVICE

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »

That is really neat!  I don't know if dogs can see that little of a picture tho.  I use to call and leave a message on my answering machine just so Bullett could hear my voice.  K

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 11:52:43 PM »

That is really cool!  thumbsup
Like Kate said I doubt that a dog could actually see the person, but surely they would recognise the voice, and in the case of Lia she would learn the routine lickedy split as she is very food motivaed!!!   hungry Ding a ling, ding a ling, hi Lia, this is mommy, would you like a treat? Yes please!  dog-run She would learn to run to that box after a second try.   Laughing

Thank you Alison!
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:46 AM »

Darwin, the anxious nutter, wouldn't care for that, I'm afraid. He does absolutely fine if we all leave and it's quiet here- he'll just sleep happily. What he can't tolerate is the in between- ie noise, voices, but he can't interact.

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »

Mine would so love this- especially Noah with his  loveword2: for food.  Afraid that Roxie and Z would never get a treat with him guarding the box.  In fact, he might try to get in it to get more treats.  I love the idea, but it is a little pricey for me.  Will see the reviews after it is made available.  I am sure that it will end up on Amazon.

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 11:18:02 AM »

I think the biggest obstacle to success of this product is the fact that the treats have special shapes and are available from only one place.  There is a caution that using one's own treats could damage the product or void the warranty.   thumbdown

They need to realize that the people who are most likely to buy this product are also the most likely to be quite selective as to what treats their furpups get.  

Thanks Del
bokie
NOVICE

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 01:08:28 PM »

Cool idea, but agree with Alison, kinda confusing for the little doggy to hear/see but can't reach me.

I doubt Bokie would be able to see me on the little screen, we tried Facetime her when we were on a trip, she tilted her head when she heard us but never look at the iPad.

Princess Lucy and Boo (Tina)

Never give up!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 04:46:33 PM »

Nice idea Susan but I know Lucy would just bark if she could see me but knew I wasnt really there  Rolled Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: