Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 15, 2019, 07:55:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodby Tony - pup, may God bless you  (Read 8371 times)
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« on: October 19, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »

Tony - pup is gone.  He escaped from the fenced in yard here at Dad's house earlier this morning and was hit by a car and killed. 

He was quite the escape artist, got out up here so many, many times.

I've just returned from a local vet, where I took him for group cremation and burial.  Just 3 years of age, only with me a bit over 2.5 months.  I can't believe this.  Two hours ago I was in bed cuddling with him and the others. 

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:04:38 AM »

Oh Sandie.I don't know what to say.

Its such a horrible thing to have happened,but he knew love from you and a life all dogs dream of in his last few months.

If not for you his life would probably have ended long before this and he would never have had the chance you gave him.

I'm so sorry events took the course they did. Abby has escaped from here when the window cleaners left the gate open and workmen have opened doors unexpectedly .It can happen to anyone.

Alison

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »

Oh Sandie, I'm so very sorry. There just aren't words, except that you gave him the best few months of his life. I'm sure he would never trade the freedom and love he received for anything in the world. ((((Hugs))))

bKay, Bullett & Coco
NOVICE

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 11:21:22 AM »

So sorry to hear this, Sandie.  I know your big heart is breaking right now.  He was happy and had a great pack while with you and the rest of the gang.    comfort Hugs to you, dear lady.  Kay

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »

Oh Sandie!  I'm so sorry to hear this.  No many how hard we try they are clever little fluffs and will find their way.  You've had a hard year.  Take comfort from the fact that you made Tony's last months great ones.  He couldn't have had a better Momma.

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 12:03:59 PM »

Sandie, I am so very sorry to hear about Tony.   sad

Everyone else has said it so well.   nodding   His short time with you had to have brought him such joy.  Run free now safely at the rainbow bridge, dear Tony. 

Thanks Del
susie l
NOVICE

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »

So sorry Sandie.  He had more love and caring in his short time with you than he had in the rest of his life.  Gentle Hugs......

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »

crybaby I am still bawling my eyes out, I can't imagine how you feel.
My heart is breaking for all of you. Tony came onto your life for a reason, and you into his.  Wub

Thank you Alison!
nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »

I'm so sorry Sandie, still in a bit of shock really, as are you I'm sure. You did such a good thing taking Tony into your home, even though it wasnt perfect, he had a lovely home with you and was well looked after. Run free at the bridge Tony pup.

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 12:32:38 AM »

OMG I'm so shocked.....  Crying Crying Crying  Sandie, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Short though it may have been, the time he was with you & the flock (& the clowder)
must've been 'heaven' to him.  And now he's in Heaven angel, with many new playmates.

Thinking of you ((((((((hugs)))))))

bokie
NOVICE

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear this heartbreaking news, Sandie. I don't know what to say to make you feel better, but I do know that if not for you Tony could have been picked up by some really bad people.

I've seen and read all the pictures and stories you posted about Tony and the gang, he must have the best 2.5 months of his life.

Accident happens, and sometimes there isn't much we can do to avoid.

Take care.

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 03:17:07 AM »

Sandie, I have been thinking of you all day since I read your FB status!  comfort So much can happen in such a short time!

Vicki
NOVICE

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 05:37:27 AM »

Sorry to hear this. You gave him love and happiness wen he needed it most. Thinking of you x x

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 08:01:43 AM »

I also saw this on FB and was heartbroken for you.  Like everyone and myself included, Tony's best part of his life was with you.  You gave him a home and love and a purpose.  RIP sweetl little Tony.   How are the rest of the crew doing?  I know that you mentioned that you let each one sniff him before taking him to the vet- what a great thing to do for all of them- hard for you, but the right thing.  Hugh hugs to you sweet lady.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 10:32:16 AM »

I didn't post much on here early yesterday; later, I did post more on Fb, but for those not on there:

Good-by Tony-pup. May God bless you.
Tony escaped from the fenced in back yard here at Dad's house early this morning This was not the first time he'd escaped, nor the 6th, he was quite the little escape artist. This time, he managed to open the gate! Not done that before. He was hit by a car and killed instantly. I found him by the side of the road, whomever hit him at least moved him to the side. Feel badly for that person, too, they likely never saw him till the last moment. He had no collar or tags or harness on as he escaped from the back yard, so nothing else the person could do.

Tony was just 3 years old, lived with me a bit over 2.5 months. I really can't believe this, what an awful morning. When I found him (after looking for 45 minutes), I picked him up and drove him home, set him on the lawn, and took each of the other 3 out one at a time to say their goodbys. Took him to a local vet here for group cremation and burial. All over and done and back home at 9

Tasha is missing him quite a bit, Tony was her play pal.  They had great play battles together and I kept meaning to capture that on camera; I never realized time was so short.  Of the 3, she was the one who sniffed at him the longest yesterday morning, and then looked at me with such a sad look.  She has whined several times since.  I have only just realized, I'll have to break the news to all the folks / dogs we see regularly at 'farm walk,' Bridgham Farm, when we travel back home.  Skippy, Tony's BFF, and his family, oh dear. 

I didn't sleep much all night, just have images playing over and over in my mind.  I TRY to picture him as he was ALIVE, happy and smiling, that cuddly pup with the huge paws, but it is so hard to do that just now.  I was in shock most of yesterday, today I am finally moving to the next stage, the tearing and crying.  I've lost many pets in my 55 years, old age, illness, NEVER have I lost one like this.  It really is horrid.  I was home from the local vet yesterday morning and just sitting staring blankly for half an hour before I realized I was covered in blood, had to go change.

This whole episode is a nightmare, I wish I would wake up and find it is not true.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 11:31:53 AM »

Oh, Sandie, I'm just so sorry. I couldn't get him and you out of my mind yesterday. He was just one of those spirits that lived life with such an intensity. Unfortunately, that type of fire does usually burn out prematurely. It just can't be sustained. You did so much for him, and he died as he lived, a free spirit, full of fire. It is what it is.

Take good care of yourself.

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »

I'm so sorry Sandie. It must be so hard to lose Tony in this manner. sad

But like Del said, you sure made his last few months pure heaven for him. Now he has something to compare the real thing to. Hug

RIP Tony. heart

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 08:46:22 AM »

I've lost many pets in my 55 years, old age, illness, NEVER have I lost one like this.  It really is horrid.  I was home from the local vet yesterday morning and just sitting staring blankly for half an hour before I realized I was covered in blood, had to go change.  This whole episode is a nightmare, I wish I would wake up and find it is not true.
Crying Crying Crying Crying  Sandie, my heart breaks for you.  I wish there was something I could do.   

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »

I also have had you in my thoughts .  I can only imagine how difficult this had to be for you and your fluffs.  Prayers that you will be able to find some peace and comfort knowing what you did for Tony as well as all the other furbabies in your life- both dog and cat.  You are truly the Mother Teresa of the animal world.  Tony was a free spirit and his drive to be free and running was very strong.  He is now running free and peaceful at Rainbow Bridge with all your other fluffs that are waiting there for everyone to be reunited one day. Peace be with you sweet lady- Mother Sandie

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »

Sudden losses are always the hardest for those left behind.For Tony he was at his happiest so easy for him.

Take your time and be kind to yourself right now.The shock will wear off and in time you will remember him and smile,but right now you just need a great big  Hug

I'm thinking of you,as are so many others and am so grateful on behalf of all the little cats and bichons you help.Alison

Wilmot
NOVICE

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 08:31:30 AM »

Sandie I have just read your post and I too am so sorry to hear about Tony. Words will never be enough but my thoughts are with you.....

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 09:06:53 AM »

Ooooohhh Sandie I still feel your loss.  I read of this on fb and couldn't believe it then and still can't.  Little Tony had the best time of his life when he was with you even though he did try your patience at times. Yeah 
Dwell on the happy times pet and take each day as it comes.  You will get through this.

BB56 (Donna)
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss,especially in such a tragic way.  I am sure Tony had a wonderful few months living in your home and I hope that soon you will be able to remember him in his happy days running and playing.  comfort

Thanks Alison!
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »

Thank you for taking time to post, all of you.  This has been extremely difficult for me, as I believe we do not own animals.  Rather, we are guardians who care for them for God.  I messed up, big time.

I've not been on any forums or FB for over 8 days,  I only stopped in now as I have more sad news to post in Pet Memorial.

Thank you for your love for Tony - pup.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:25:04 PM by Freedom (Sandie) » Logged

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »

You DID NOT mess up.You did your best and made him happy and kept him as safe as you could.Bichons are clever and out think us sometimes.I know you wish it was longer,but I know Tony would not have wished it happier and that's what counts.

Without you he would not have had a happy wonderful time to end his life that he had.He would have ended it in a much sadder way with a vet in a pound.

Alison

pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »

I have been away and just seen this.  I am so sorry Sandie.  Sleep well Tony pup.
Pam

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »

Thank you Alison and Pam.

I'm still just not ready to rejoin online, forums on FB.  So hard to deal with all this.  Lacey, Tony and Sparkle. 

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »

Big hugs and prayers for you to find some peace .  You are the best pet owner and love your furry kids unselfishly.  Take care of yourself and we will be happy to see you back on the boards. 

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 12:37:55 PM »

Thanks Andrea.

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »

Sandie, I understand, please take time to heal and we will look forward to when you return.  Hug

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: