Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 20, 2019, 04:06:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend good breeder in Michigan?  (Read 8888 times)
Remy430

« on: August 31, 2013, 01:21:58 PM »

I am thinking of getting a Bichon.  I recently did pet sitting for two Bichons and fell in live with the breed.  Could anyone recommend a good breeder in Michigan?
Daisy's Mom
Daisy and her mom Rosie!
ENTHUSIAST

Daisy Mae

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:40:35 PM »

Terri might know she lives in Michigan and we all know how great Bella looks,but I don't know where she found her. I GOT Daisy south of Indianapolis. NOT THE BEST OF BREEDERS WITH ALL THE HIP AND LEG ISSUES Daisy has.But I WOULNT TRADE HER FOR ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY. Their a wonderful breed.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »

Pet sitting won't give you the 'whole' picture.

Please do some reading about the breed.  The Bichon Information Station is a good place to start!
http://www.bichonfriseusa.com/

There are 2 essays at the top, one on the right:  Is a Bichon Frise the right dog for you? and one on the left:  What to consider before getting a bichon.

The next section is health, scroll down below that and take a look at the grooming area, the puppy info, responsible ownership.

After that, if you are still interested, the BFCA breeders list is still further down, on the left.  Here it is:
http://www.bichon.org/breeders.htm

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
susie l
NOVICE

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 02:54:28 PM »

Sandie has given you very good advise. 
See a Bichon on the street, or at a dog show or even interacting with one for a short time and it's love at first sight.

On the other hand I've heard the Bichon breed described as one only a hairdresser could love.......A kernel of truth to that:

Bichons hair grows extremely fast and they have a combination of hair and fur so, its easily matted--I've had both bichons and poodles and I really think Bichons are higher maintenence.......
You let it go more than a few days and you have problems.  It also means a professional grooming every 6 to eight week at considerable expense unless you plan to learn how to do it yourself...... fluffbath

Bichons are true velcro dogs.  They are very sensitive little souls and can suffer from severe separation anxiety so a question to ask yourself is whether you have the time to devote to this breed.

Know that this is a very high maintenance dog.

All this being said I can't think of any breed I'd rather have!  They are amazingly loving dogs Girl Bichon

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:30:59 PM »

Yeah, I have no idea where to find a good breeder anyway. shrug

I got Belle from Indiana, and from what I gather, it was a puppy mill. sad

I was uneducated about Bichons when I got Belle, all I knew was they are the most adorable things on earth.

(which I was right about) 

I've learned a lot, but there's still so much I don't know. Now that Belle is getting older I have to pick the brains of the good folks

here at Bichon.ca

Please do your research before getting any kind of dog, but especially a bichon. nodding

Daisy's Mom
Daisy and her mom Rosie!
ENTHUSIAST

Daisy Mae

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »

Your right Terri same with DAISYS story,SO I GUESS YOU HA V E TO SAY WE RESCUED IN OUR OWN WAY.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: