Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 07:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lulu needs your prayers --> Lulu has passed  (Read 10573 times)
liz
NOVICE

« on: January 27, 2013, 08:21:29 PM »

Don't know if this even posted in the correct category but my head is all over the place.  crybaby

Lulu is one of Maisie's puppies and is 5 months old.  She is intensive care and fighting for her life.  sad

She belongs to my niece and collapsed this morning on the floor.  She was rushed to the Vets where she was given x-rays, blood tests, Valium and put on a drip.  It was discovered that a biscuit had lodged in throat and was causing her breathing probs.  I could not understand how one piece of puppy kibble could have caused that until the next phone call.

Her blood results came back and there was a high salt content in her blood which caused swelling to her brain.  Now the jigsaw fits.  She's had an allergic reactin to PEANUTS.  Yes - you heard all right.  She had got into her hu-sisters bag and stolen the peanuts.  Even although they were taken from her she still had a taste of the salt and a lick at the nuts.  Anaphalactic shock which would cause her oesophogus to swell.

Her sight has come back = yes she lost that too.  She cannot stand up.  Some stimulus has worked in that they can pinch her toes and there is a slight reaction.  She is on more medication and we will know more in the morning although the Vet does not hold out much hope. They think she is severely brain damaged.

I have cried all day and still srying as I write this.  Let this be a lesson - and watch your fluffs with eagle eyes.  Plerase help us bring this little girl hme, who just loves life and who always embraced it to the full.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »

Oh no, I'm so sorry! You have our prayers that she makes a full recovery and thanks for the lesson, too.

bKay, Bullett & Coco
NOVICE

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »

This is terrible new, Liz.  I've heard they can be allergic to peanuts, chocolate and grapes before but never knew how severe the reaction would be.  You are right, we need to watch them very closely.  Healing prayers to Lulu and to comfort the family that loves her.  Please keep us up to date.  Kay

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »

Thanks ladies but Lulu has lost her fight for life.  She died this evening.

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »

Little lulu lost her fight for life this evening.  The reason why is ina pevious post.  If there a typos inthis I can't stop crying.

Lulu - Litinaz Dream Sunrise.  7th August 2012 - 27th January 2013.

RIP little angel.  angel

Philb
NOVICE

Pippi

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:19:43 PM »

I am so very sorry. I know what it is like to lose something you love. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 09:30:19 PM »

OH my  Crying I am so very sorry to hear this Lizzie.  cry1 I have never heard of a canine reacting so, going into anaphalactic shock from a peanut allergy, I've only heard of it in humans. Nobody could have known or understood until it was too late. What a horrible shame for all of you, my heart goes out to you.

Thank you Alison!
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »

Hugs Lizzie.  cry2 My heart is breaking for you and all involved, I'm so very sorry this has happened.

Thank you Alison!
liz
NOVICE

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »

Here's a oic of our little darling.

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:29:04 PM »

Lizzie, my heart is breaking for you. cry1 cry1 cry1 cry1 cry1 
My birthday-litter.... Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying (& such a beautiful baby she grew up to be)
I wish I was there to comfort you.  Know that my thoughts & prayers are with you.

Run free at Rainbow Bridge, Lulu fluffangel.  Find Ben angel, Babe angel and all the other Bichon-angels angel.

Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »

Oh, Liz. How very sad. Such a tiny little fluff, but loved so much in that short time. Hugs to you and your neice and family. I understand how very precious each and every one of your little puppies are to you - it shows in every one of your posts. Like many others here I'm sure, I had no idea that nut allergies could affect our little fluffers. Please know that you are all in my thoughts tonight.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »

I'm so very sorry, Liz. I hoped and prayed it would have turned out differently.

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 11:46:14 PM »

I just popped in and found this and am lost for words.  Such a tragic accident and so very unfair and so easy to happen to any of us.  I just picked Riley up on to my knee and he grabbed some bread off my plate and scoffed it before I had a chance to see what he was doing.. it can happen that quick.  So sorry for you and your families loss Liz.

Another Terri creation
lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:34 AM »

This is awful and so unexpected! I am thinking that it is often suggested that we hide pills in peanut butter.
My heart goes out to you Lizzie!  comfort

Josselyn
NOVICE

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 03:09:50 AM »

This is so awful  Crying  I can't even imagine what you are going through.
My thought are with you.

Sam
NOVICE

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 06:17:25 AM »

Lizzie, I'm so, so sorry, to hear of your hearbreaking news.

Poor little Lulu she never got to live her life, but in the short time she was here, you and your Niece would of given her the best.

RIP little Lulu.

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 07:04:37 AM »

Oh Lizzie. I'm sorry Lulu is gone now. She was just a baby.

RIP little angel. sad

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 07:53:02 AM »

Thank you all for your kind words.   It was a bit of a shock.  I've been speaking with my niece until the wee small hours this morning.  She is absolutely devastated.  We laughed at all her antics and cried too.  We'll get through this together. It was an accident and who would have thought a little peanut could do this.  sad  Lesson learned.

Jiliebeane
NOVICE

I love Bichon.c Message Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 09:59:22 AM »

I am so sorry to hear this, I will be praying for her.
Jiliebeane
NOVICE

I love Bichon.c Message Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 10:05:12 AM »

I am so sorry to hear this, I read more of the posts and saw that she passed. I am going through all of this right now, too, and it is very difficult. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and all who loved her.
Anna25
NOVICE

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

I am so very sorry

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »

Oh Liz, I am so sorry to hear about little Lulu.   sad  She was such a pretty girl.  It is shocking to find that one peanut can be fatal and , hopefully, reading Lulu's story will be a warning that may save other fluffs.

My heart goes out to you and and your niece. 

Thanks Del
annieb
NOVICE

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »

Liz.. just seen your bad news ..so sorry for you and your family..can't imagine what your going thro..poor sweet girl...RIP Lulu..x

barofgold (Paula)
Paula, owned by Louis and Coco in the UK
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 04:48:53 PM »

So sorry Lizzie, words can't express it, such a tragic thing to happen  comfort

Thank you Del Smiley
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »

I'm so sorry,What a tragedy.You must be heartbroken.She was beautiful.Your neice is lucky to have you to comfort her.

Alison

BB56 (Donna)
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about poor little Lulu. You are all in my thoughts   comfort

Thanks Alison!
liz
NOVICE

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »

Thank You again friends for your kind words.  They mean so much. I've moped about like a lost soul since yesterday.  So gave myself the proverbial kick up the backside.  Got to get my niece Jackie, her daughter Jasmin (15) and son George (8) through this.  The hardest time I think is when they get Lulu's ashes back.  It will bring it all back again.  sad

Many of you know what it is like at a time like this but with the support of good friends (many of which are on here) and family we wil get there.

Thank you all once again.  comfort comfort

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 07:50:39 PM »

Liz, I just so don't want you or your neice to blame yourselves for this. If she was allergic to peanuts, she would have encountered peanut something eventually. Heck, I frost Darwin's birthday cakes with peanut butter! Sometimes nature has it's own plans which just don't make sense to us. You did all that you could and more.

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »

Thanks Chris.  That's what I keep telling my niece.  They tell you to put peanut butter into treats etc. so we know it was just once of those things.  I think if she had had an accident or a pre-existing medical condition it would have made it a little easier.  You know what these pup  fluff are like.  They are so quick.

This was one of Lulu's favourite games.  Steal something she wasn't supposed to have, come to you with the offending object and then run.  She loved the chase.  Laugh Hysterical

And for the record George is 6yrs and not 8 as I posted.  He will get cross with me for that.  original

MattiesMom (MaryEllen)
SassySue and MattieMay
GURU

SassySue and MattieMay

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 08:14:39 PM »

Oh, such a dear, little baby!  I'm so sorry this happened.  Your niece will feel guilty, I'm sure.  Please reassure her that we all know how quickly our little ones can get into stuff.  I was so lucky that Sassy happened to chew a not plugged in power cord for her first try at it.  I know I could have lost her.  I never saw her do it, but found it after the fact.  So I do know how quickly these accidents can happen!  Please pass on a hug from me (and I'm sending one for you too).

jmeechin
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »

Oh I am so sorry.  You must be heartbroken.  Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. 

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »

Oh Lizzie, my heart is breaking for you and your family.  I was gone most of the weekend and just checking in and saw this.  One of my grandson's is allergie to peanuts and it is pretty severe so always on the alert.  It is scary when we use peanut butter to give a pill or put it on a spoon to teach them to heel never thinking about the fact that they might have any allergy to peanuts.  My newest granddaughterf (recently adopted) is Lulu so this is a very special name and child as your Lulu was very special.  RIP sweet little Lulu and know that Lul is as close as a memory.  Many bichons hugs to you.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 10:30:24 PM »

I had no idea they could be allergic to peanuts.  Oh Lizzie, I am so very sad and sending you my condolences.  This is just a terrible accident.  Poor little Lulu, she was a well loved baby girl.  Sending you and your niece and family cyber hugs and lending a shoulder to cry on at this sad time.   cry1  I am really at a loss for words at this news.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 11:52:58 PM »

I'm so sorry Sad

Georgia Girl (Vikki)
NOVICE

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 01:08:05 AM »

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it can be to loose one so  young. I wish there was some way to ease the pain you all must be feeling.  cry2

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 09:18:26 AM »

Jackie, Jasmin & George are very lucky to have you.
Stay strong Lizzie! ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Briana
NOVICE

Fluffs: Coke & Pepsi

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »

oh no. sorry. are you sure it was a peanut? maybe it is something hereditary?

THANK YOU ELLA FLUFFELLA for the beautiful sig. Ella & AnnMarie you are missed! Come back!
liz
NOVICE

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 10:44:46 PM »

No Briana it wasn't hereditary.  It was the peanuts.  the salt content was too high.  sad

BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »

I'm so sorry about poor Lulu. Bella loves peanut butter, I would never have thought that it might be dangerous to give her that first taste. So tragic.

chichsmum
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 07:49:21 AM »

I am so sorry Lizzie.

Carolyn

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: