Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
April 25, 2017, 09:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My new bichon  (Read 5913 times)
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« on: December 08, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »

These are pictures of my new life size bichon statue.  I love that he has his little back legs stretched out- Noah lays like this all the time.  I hope that I do not upset anyone but he is a container for cremains.  I am not planning on dieing anytime soon nor neither of my furbabies, but I want us all together.  My friend Terrell's husband just died and with their being involved with breeding bichons for so many years, she put his cremains in one.  Her friend ordered 2 for she and her husband and have already made arrangements for them to be buried in their cemetary plots.  Probably not the best topic for this joyful season, but I love my bichon and will keep him out all the time.  It is well made- it can be ordered as just a statue or a container.  

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 04:10:31 PM »

That is gorgeous! (and requires no grooming) Laughing

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 04:11:39 PM »

And no food or vet bills. 

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »

Lovely  nodding   Where does one get a container like that ?

Thanks Del
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 05:47:17 PM »

Terrell found them on line and ordered 6 of them.  She said that the prices ranged from $250 to $700.  I think that the price was a little less-shipping was about $25 each so not sure what the group was.  I will see if I can find out what website she used if you are interested.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:51:12 AM by Andrea » Logged

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 05:49:56 PM »

Wow, the statue is such a true replica of a Bichon, perfect, and the idea is so special.
Can you explain further as I am not fully aware of how cremains are given back to the family. You wrote,
I want us all together.
So is this a storage container where you would put 3 separate containers of ashes, since it is highly likely that you will all pass at different times? I would like to kow where one gets something like this too.

Thank you Alison!
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »

The inside of the container is hollow and there is a hole in the bottom covered with a stopper.  Included was a tube of epoxy so that the cover can be sealed.  I have the cremains of my previous 2 dogs.  They are in small wooden boxes - with the cremains in plastic bag.  My mother's cremains were in a plastic bag inside of a container.  I think that it would be easiest to put the plastic bag in the container rather than try to open the bag and pour the cremains in.  I don't think that the dogs cremains will take up a lot of room.  Again I hope that no one is offeneded by this, but I just want to have something for my dogs at least.  Can only hope that my children will honor my wishes for my remains.  I will see if I can get the website from Terrell  if you are interested.

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 08:02:44 AM »

It is a beautiful statue and anything that brings comfort at a sad time is beyond value.

I hope you can all enjoy it together for many many years before it needs to be used for anything other than a thing of beauty,Alison

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »

Stunning work, isn't it?  Thanks for sharing. 

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »

No offence taken Andrea. I think  it is beautiful.  Put it on display you could really put anything in it if you wished. cheerleader

Briana
NOVICE

Fluffs: Coke & Pepsi

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »

oh that is so lovely! it looks well-crafted. totally understand your wishes and do hope your family will go by them when the time comes.

THANK YOU ELLA FLUFFELLA for the beautiful sig. Ella & AnnMarie you are missed! Come back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: