Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 15, 2019, 08:14:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: :: SuperMax :: April 19 2003 ~ August 18 2012  (Read 16593 times)
SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 07:58:25 PM »

thank you all so much.

dessyrell ~ that picture of Max is one of my top favs too! My mom would call him Prince Max.  He could be so proper and dignified and this picture reminds me of that.

Sandie ~ I know you have had your share of bichon heartbreak.  I'm glad Max will have some friends up there.

Jane ~ Oh the memories of how much your ached for your beloved Snoopy come flooding back. Unfortunately, now I can truly understand what you had gone through.  Yes, it feels as if there is literally a hole in my heart. Sad  Thank you so much for coming by and sharing your experience again with me.  Your words are very comforting and reassuring to me.  I am glad Snoopy is there to show Max around. Smiley

Thank you Sam, Natalie and Chris for your sweet words too.  I hope Max is up there feeling the love and caring of all you wonderful bichon lovers.

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »

Arhh sh*t Susan, I just got your email and came to take another look in here and now my already sore throat from man flu is aching like h*ll.  Sorry for the swearing but that is just how it is.  Loving a fur baby is the best thing in the world but losing them is just sh*t and h*ll, no other words for it.

Thanks again for letting us have Max... and da boys, in our lives.

Another Terri creation
SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »

Ahhhh Rae.  You especially have helped me through this more than you could ever know.  Hug

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »

Ahhhh Rae.  You especially have helped me through this more than you could ever know.  Hug

It is just what you do Susan, you too will take your turn to help someone when they lose their baby.  It is something you just can not really grasp until you have been through it.  Like I said, it does not get any easier though, just because you have lost before, the pain is the same just you know a little more of what to expect.  I remember when my marriage broke up, a friend (one of the kids school teachers actually) took me in, she was so kind to me, she ran me baths, lit candles, fed me and the kids, I said to her, 'how will I ever repay you?'  She said, 'arh my friend that is not how it works.  This is a process, the next three months will be a blurr in time, the pain, the grief, the release and you will function on autopilot so you need someone to help you.  Some one did this for me when my marriage broke up, so I know what you need and how you feel.  You in turn will do it for someone else one day..that is how it works, there is no repaying, just a learning and understanding for the next person who needs it. '... I remembered her words when a few months later I was getting my life back together and my hairdresser (another mum from the kids school)... broke down and confessed to me she was in trouble.... and so the chain continued.  I helped her through her time.  Funny thing though too as I was told in that situation, you often do not remain friends with those who helped you or who you help.... life just moves in a different way and you move on, but they stay forever in your heart too for what they did.  Sorry I diversed but, while it is a different situation I am comparing the loss of a baby too, it is just one of those things you have to go through to be able to really help or understand.  Look how many oldies have come out of the woodwork to support you through this terrible time, and who understand this pain...  the strength of our bichon love!

Another Terri creation
dessyrell
NOVICE

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 10:28:30 PM »

Rae, so well said and i appreciate sharing your own experience with us: "The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be one."- Ralph Waldo Emerson.  Susan, you have been such a good friend to all of us! This is testimony to your beautiful friendship. Through your postings, you have been an inspiration; i believe you touched many lives and improved our bichons' lives as well. God only knows how many times you have lifted my spirits up just by getting a good laugh at one of DaBoys' adventures. And i know Murphy is better taken care of because of you and the other members of this big wonderful family. I miss your little baby so much...and his manly poses for his little Bianca...his legacy lives on.
Sending all our love and many many hugs,
Lucia & Murphy     

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 10:39:23 PM »

I really miss the old days, the funny photo threads, the tongue in cheek humour.  It is hard to come to terms with the fact that one day, all our fluffs will indeed be together.  I guess they will all get to meet long before the rest of us.  I tell you what Susan, you better be storing up a sh*t load of that wine to bring to the bridge.... I think we will all just hang out there with the fluffs for a little while before we move on.  Heck I hope we are all going the same way!!

Another Terri creation
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:20 AM »

Susan, what a wonderful tribute to your love for Max that you and your family surrounded him with all your love.  What a great vet to come to your home .  I truly do believe that our furbabies know when it is time and while it is the hardest thing that you do , it is also the greatest love that you have for your beloved furbaby.  I did not know you and Max that well, but have enjoyed reading some of the older posts about Max.  He truly was a Super Hero and will continue to fly around the bridge keeping a watchful eye for the others and always watching for his family.  RIP in Max.

nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 05:05:44 AM »

Susan, I should have known that reading your post would evoke some strong emotions, and sure enough, I bawled my eyes out. It does indeed feel like all the Bichons on this forum are my families members. I have got to 'know' so many lovely people and their fluffers. And we all share...happy moments and sad. When I read how you made Max's journey to the bridge so special, I thought how strong you and your family are. And how strong your love for Max is, that you were able to soften his final hours.

Hils
Jersey, Channel Islands
EXPERT

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »

Susan, although we have been in touch privately I just wanted to respond to Del's lovely post and to thank you for sharing those very special last moments with our darling SuperMax.  I say 'our' because we all loved him so much and share with you in your sadness.  It must have been so hard for you to write, but it was lovely to know that he passed on as he lived, surrounded by love and comfort in your arms.  That is a beautiful photo of him too, thank you for sharing that.  He was so gorgeous and a very special furbaby.  Lots of love to you and all your family. xo
marilyn
GURU

mummys gawjus puppys

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

Susan as you know  my heart breaks for you,Dave,Parker and Buddy.

Max is now running free and playing with my Harry and all the adorable fluffs gone before.

The pain does ease, the memories they  NEVER  fade.
I still cry for the way things were and wish for just one more cuddle.
Take care Susan the feelings you have are perfectly normal.
It's comforting knowing our beloved fluffs are playing together without illness.
Like Rae says he will visit you when you least expect it and you will smile again.
M xoxox

MattiesMom (MaryEllen)
SassySue and MattieMay
GURU

SassySue and MattieMay

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »

I know that I'm late, but Susan, I'm so sorry that you have lost Max!  It is such a loss and no one can really console you.  I have to say that I still fill up and get a tight throat thinking about my lost boy Toby and girls, Molly and Missy.  It's always there!  But, time helps fade the constant sadness and life goes on.  I know that one day you will see Max again and I will see my lost furkids, too.  Take care of yourself and your family.  Max is safe and in a happy place!

Anna25
NOVICE

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

I am so very sorry.

lainey
G.O.D.

Miss Mitsy

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »

I am another "old timer" here who for various reasons was unable to continue on the site, but miss some of the fun times we had   Laughing

Susan knows how sorry I am that Max is no longer with his lovely, special, funny and warm family.
I just want to "pay my respects" here so to speak.

Max was one of the first Bichons that I "met" and fell in love with on the site. It was through Max, and his pals, that I made so many lovely friends that I remain close to. For me, that is Max's legacy and I will always be thankful to him for bringing my Bichon Mummy Buddies to me.

He was, for me, quite simply, Supermax  

fluffsuperman

As Rae says, one day we will all be together  hugX2 and I will sure as h*ll be bringing a bottle  wine, can't wait to see those big girl pants  wink1 Susan

Much love my friend and a big cuddle to my Buddy boy  clown

Lainey & Mitsy  flowers
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:34:49 AM by lainey » Logged

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »

What can I say susan, Dave, Parker and of course Buddy that hasn't already been said.  I was so shocked and said when Marilyn told me that she had received the email.  I still am in shock. 

~The tribute to Max by Del and Susan were beautiful.  Max was such a character who used to make us all smile.  Susan - the pain will lessen.  You will never forget our Super Hero chappie.  I have been in that dark place.  Dwell on the happy memories.

RIP Dear Max.  angelwings

Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »

Susan, you have been such a good friend to all of us! This is testimony to your beautiful friendship. Through your postings, you have been an inspiration; i believe you touched many lives and improved our bichons' lives as well. God only knows how many times you have lifted my spirits up just by getting a good laugh at one of DaBoys' adventures. And i know Murphy is better taken care of because of you and the other members of this big wonderful family. I miss your little baby so much...and his manly poses for his little Bianca...his legacy lives on.
Sending all our love and many many hugs,
Lucia & Murphy     

Lucia's words struck a chord with me when I read them. So well said, and so true. Susan, you have been all of the above to Ozzie and I. When I joined bca in late 2006, I particularly remember reading about the fun  experiences you were enjoying with Max and Buddy. And being inspired by your love of life - fluffers and family, friends. Little did I know that I would someday be Mommy to my own little "Buddy" who has so many similarities to yours. I read your post/threads and think, OMG - that's Chico!!! And so with Max and Ozzie, both patient and enduring with their little brothers, looking at us with those big brown eyes as if to say " Didja haf to bring it home?"
Max will always be in my heart, although we've never met, I feel, like many, that we have all made such a strong bond over the years. I hope you know in your heart how sad I am for your loss. Time heals, enjoy your memories of Max and drop by now and again for a hug.  Hug
Love,
Carol, Ozzie the Boz and Chico Bandito

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: