Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 09:37:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: :: SuperMax :: April 19 2003 ~ August 18 2012  (Read 18546 times)
nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 05:15:57 AM »

I'm so sorry Susan, I was stunned to get Rae's message that Max had passed away. I think we all like to think we'll have our fur babies forever. My heart goes out to you all comfort

BB56 (Donna)
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »

So sorry to hear the sad news. Susan you and all the members who know you and your special Max well are in my thoughts. comfort

Thanks Alison!
Angels_ Mom_ Ann-Marie
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 12:50:09 PM »

Susan and family,

Sending you healing thoughts and prayers at this very sad time.  There are no words to ease the pain, so please take comfort in the great memories of the love you shared.   comfort

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »

crybaby I am so sorry Susan - it is such a deep loss, they fill up so much of our lives!

~*~ Catherine, missing her little Buddy   fluffangel , but now I have two new best friends!  fluffbop

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »

When I read that Del had posted something (thank you so much, Del ) I was afraid to come here for fear of the waterworks flowing again.  But they still flow pretty freely so I put on my big girl panties and logged in. Smiley  I'm so glad I did.  Only you fellow fluffernutters truly know the pain, know what to say, understand the loss.

I've always said that it was Max who turned me into "Crazy Dog Lady".  My sister was one and always poked fun at her...never understood the deep connection and love you could feel for a "dog".  Then we got Max for our 9 year old son, Parker.  A bichon because of my allergies.  As many of probably understand...Max eventually became "momma's boy" as I truly was the main caretaker and kids start to lose interest. 

Then I found bichon.ca and this wonderful group of fellow fluffernutters.  I'm so glad I have all my photo threads to look back on ..basically a scrapbook of Max's life.  And I am so grateful for the wonderful friends I've made on this forum and fondly remember the great times we had back in the day.  My situation changed where I was not able to log in as much as I could in the past (and it is difficult to be a "part timer" as you feel you miss so much) but I do dearly miss this forum and friends here.

When I found out about Max's Chronic Kidney Disease (via blood/urine tests ~ and ultrasound to rule out other causes) a couple years ago, I was heartbroken. He did well with a modified diet and supplements and his only "symptoms" were excessive drinking/urination.  In fact, the vet was surprised he didn't have more symptoms based on his numbers (that's my Supermax Smiley ) .  When signs of the disease progressing started, we moved to fluid therapy and medications, but his body wouldn't respond and he began deteriorating rapidly.  I couldn't sleep at night as I would worry about every sound he would make ..did he need me? ...did he need to go outside? ...did he need more water? ...was he throwing up?  I kept reassuring him that I was there, that it was going to be okay.  Putting food in his mouth with a syringe when he began refusing food as he was getting weaker, disoriented, and withdrawing from the family.  At the final vet visit when we went to get the bloodwork done to see if things were getting better or worse, we talked about what was next depending on the blood results.  I cried through the entire visit.

The bloodwork came back even worse than she had imagined for "worse case scenario".  His kidneys were shutting down.  We agreed to have her come to our home that Saturday (the next day).  When I told Parker he sobbed like I had never seen since he was a baby.  We continued to love up Max, try to make him comfortable, reassure him.  By Saturday morning he only wanted to lay down, his breathing was becoming shallower and he was beginning to tremor.  My mother (Max's grandma) who loved him dearly and babysat Max since he was a baby came over and did a some Reiki (supposed to reduce stress and promote relaxation) on him, we all cuddled with him, sang to him and told him how much we loved him.

When the vet called that afternoon to let us know she was on her way we all started sobbing again.  I took Max outside in the sun, in our comfy chair where we had had many cuddles at night.  I laid back and helped him to get comfortable,  he was nestled on my chest, cradled in my arms, breathing calmly being stroked and loved by his family.  The vet was so sweet and respectful.  Reassuring me that I was doing the best for Max.  When she gently took his arm he didn't resist.  I would like to think he was letting me know he was ready. I continued holding him as we all caressed him and told him how much he was loved.  It truly was peaceful and all that I could have wished for him as he left this earth.

Letting go of him was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

Buddy is doing okay. Is very clingy.  We are giving him extra cuddles. I miss him so much. Haven't gone a day without tears.  Have been sobbing through the entire length of this post. 

Thank you so much.  All of you.  Your kind words help ease the pain and help me to know I am not alone.  I look forward to your picture tribute Del.  I know you will do a fabulous job.  I'm glad Max got to meet you and Ed...only wished he could have met Bianca too.  I wish a lot of us from Bichon.ca could have met as you are all so dear to me.

Please hug your bichon close today.  Give them a kiss from me and Max.

I love you sweet Maxers  manfro

~ Susan

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »

One of my last photos of Max taken 8/4/12.  With me, my niece, Buddy and Sophie.  I hope he is smiling like that up in heaven.

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »

Oh Susan... I can visualize the final moments of Max's life. It was lovely and full of love.

I'm so sorry for the pain you feel losing Max. He was a major part of your family, and because of Max

you have all of us.

Max will live on, I know I'll never forget him. He brought so much joy to this board. The photo threads of the antics of Max & Buddy...

the picture of him flying by the Space Needle when Parker was having a birthday dinner... I'll remember it all.

Know you're not alone, we're all here if you need us, You have my phone number, use it anytime,
don't worry about the time difference,  I do my best chatting while I'm asleep.  original
I love you my friend, you're not alone. comfort

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »

Thats such a wonderful happy pic.Max will have loved you even more for giving him the perfect ending.Alison

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »

Thank you Alison and thank you so much Terri.  I hope Max is sitting on your mamma's lap right now.  blush

I don't know how I could have made it without my bichon.ca friends this past week.  I will always treasure these friendships.

dessyrell
NOVICE

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »

oh, sweet little  manfro! he always had the biggest smile, that's for sure. he was happy: he had you. i could hardly sleep last night; have been crying like crazy here...i cannot begin to imagine what you're going through, Susan. you did the right thing and it only shows how much you loved him by knowing when and how to let him go. i am praying i will know, too, when time comes. i looked over the  superman clown pics again today and found this pic that i absolutely love...
love to you and your family...
lucia & murphy 

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »

Susan, your post really post was so beautiful and we should all be lucky enough to be surrounded by such love and comfort when we pass. There truly does become a point sometimes when living is harder than dying. How wonderful, brave and loving of you to realize that your beloved Max had reached that point and to help him. His spirit is free and I have no doubt that he's with you forever.

IzzyPop (Natalie)
NOVICE

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »

I'm so sorry Susan. Sad  I saw the banner before I even logged in & my heart broke.

I may never have met Max, but your love for him showed in all your posts.

Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge, Max
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »

Susan, I am so sorry for your loss; got a lump in my throat the moment I saw the banner posting.  RIP Max, check in with Sugar and Marlin, they and Ozzy will show you all the lovely places at Rainbow Bridge.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Sam
NOVICE

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 06:46:19 PM »

I'm so truely sorry for your loss, run free little man.

Sam

BenjisMommy
Ontario, Canada
G.O.D.

I love my baby BENJI!!R.I.P Snoopy..luv u 4ever

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »

Many of you may not know me on here, but I am one of the "old timers" who has gotten so caught up with life that I have had stopped visiting this wonderful forum. Susan and I joined around the same time so I was lucky enough to "know" Max years ago. This weekend I got a sad message from Rae on facebook notifying me on this heartbreaking news. You see, bichon.ca is like a family and although I have no spoken to many of the members or Susan in a long time, hearing this was like losing a bichon of my own. Susan, your beautiful post brought back so many memories, and I can feel the pain you must be experiencing. It truly is like a hole in the heart. Losing a family member, let  alone a special one like Max, is simply heartbreaking-- no other way to put it. But I promise you, time does heal. What I found helpful was just letting it all out, I cried for days following the passing of Snoopy (months actually), I wrote down all the silly things he would do so I would never forget, and I made a memory book. To this day, I have a picture of him right next to my bed. No words at this time will take the pain away but please know the decision you made was what Max wanted and needed. He is now at rainbow bridge back to the energetic Max we all knew and loved. And I am sure Snoopy is guiding him along the way. We are all here for you. Focus on the beautiful and special memories, and the courageous decision you made in order to rid Max of his pain. He is SO thankful! I know you will continue to miss his physical presence, but his soul is definitely around you. Take as much time as you need to grieve. In time, you will be able to look back at the memories and smile and be thankful for the short time you had with Max, as it is much better than not having had him at all.

Max, you will forever be remembered for your gorgeous smile and your lovely personality. Enjoy your time with Snoopy! I am sure he will take great care of you  original

With Love,

Jane and Benji  original

*********************?e?????ommy*********************
***A Delicious Creation***
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: