Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 08:24:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
flufflove   Touch a Bichon, and you have touched a bit of Heaven
Hold a Bichon, and you have held the world
Love a Bichon, and you will love life forever
   flufflove

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: :: SuperMax :: April 19 2003 ~ August 18 2012  (Read 18545 times)
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« on: August 27, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »

It is with a very heavy heart that I start this thread for Max, beloved Bichon of Susan.  I was thinking Susan would tell members here when she felt 'ready' for lack of a better word.....

I've been heartbroken since Susan told me about Max's passing, and haven't been up to posting/replying threads.  When she finally did post the news on FB, I took the liberty of posting a personal 'tribute' in the marquee/news section.  I know it's unfair to make this 'tribute' to Max when I've never done any for other Bichons before but I felt it was the least I could do at the time.  That plus the fact that I feel Max's loss very deeply.  Primarily because Max is Bianca's bethrothed and I've actually met & cuddled Max.  I always feel sad when a Bichon on here passes on but this time it's especially hard because Susan & I got really close on here and we had a great time when we met (in Seattle).  

I know my sudden "news" (with no info/explanation) caused distress to some members and I do apologize.  It was not my intent to shock anyone.  Like I explained in PM to some, my head & heart was all over the place, and I wasn't thinking straight when I posted the "Max, you'll always be in our hearts" sentiment.  I didn't even think/remember that there was another Max on the board, and that really gave some members a fright.  Again, I sincerely apologize.  

I wanted to do a "IN MEMORY" thread for Max (before I posted the "news"), but I was not ready.... kinda like: if I don't do it, it's not true sort of feeling.  Today, I 'picked myself up' and started looking through Max's photos but ended up crying again.  I'd like to think I AM in the process of making a photo tribute to Max, but it takes a lot of time & effort as some of you might know.  Doing Sugar's & Marlin's tribute took me a whole day and while I was able to 'power on' and finish it in a day, I'm finding it especially hard with Max's tribute because I keep getting emotional.  

I knew others have expressed their condolences to Susan in private, so I didn't feel the pressure to start/do Max's tribute.  I had intended to start Max's "IN MEMORY" thread when I finished the tribute, but I'm starting a thread now because I know members want/need a place (ie. thread) to extend their sympathies to Susan & family.  I hope Susan understands ~ and I want her to know ~ that her bichon.ca family cares for her.  Our love for this inimitable breed ~ all our beloved Bichons ~ brought us 'here', and this forum is not just about sharing joy, but also sorrow.  I also hope members don't hold it against me for not having started a thread earlier, and thereby (as a member puts it) denying you all the chance of sharing your emotions.  

I didn't mean for this to be long, but when I try to be brief/succinct, I find I'm always misunderstood.  That said, this post/thread is not about me... it's about Susan's Max.  So I shall shut up now about the back-story and say.....

SuperMax fluffsuperman
beloved Bichon of Susan, Dave, and Parker; and big brother to Buddy
passed away peacefully in his mommy's arms, surrounded by his loving family on August 18 2012.

Max suffered from chronic kidney disease and when his condition deteriorated,
Susan made the very very difficult decision to put him to sleep.
And while our world is a sadder place without SuperMax,
Rainbow Bridge is now graced by a superhero's presence.

Max, you live on in my, Ed's, and Bianca's heart.  We heart you.

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »

I'm so very sorry to hear this news.My heart goes out to all that knew and loved Max,and especially to Susan.He will live on in our memories.Alison

Vicki
NOVICE

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »

Very sorry to hear this Sad sorry for your loss Susan, supermax is happy and pain free at rainbow bridge now. Thoughts and prayers are with you and family xxxxxxx

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »

Susan, I am so very sorry for your loss. Super Max was truly one of a kind and the decision you had to make, no one should ever have to be in that position. I'm truly sorry.

Del, it is hard when a loss is someone you have actually met. It's just so much more real. While we feel like we 'know' all those we've met through their pictures and stories, it just really isn't the same in moments like these. I can understand why you are so upset. With Susan being a long-standing member and moderator, I think the banner tribute is perfectly appropriate.

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

Sending my deepest condolences to you Susan, and to Dave, Parker and Buddy for the loss of your beloved Max.
It was your pictures of Max and Buddy that first impressed me of the versatility and outgoing personalities of Bichons in general, just pack them up and take them anywhere ... they love their car seats, they love to travel, but most of all they love their humans.
Max will be sadly missed.  Crying

Thank you Alison!
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »

I saw the banner and was so saddened- waiting to hear what happened as I thought that Max was still fairly young.  I am so sorry for Susan's loss, but Super Max is still watching over his family and now his new family at Rainbow Bridge.  Max is only a memory away,  RIP Max and peace be with you and your family Susan.

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »

RIP Max,  Crying I love you.  Lick my Mom in the face for me.  cry1

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »

I am another who saw the banner and immediatey understood what had happened and thought that was done beautifully.
Susan, Super Max and Buddy were around when I first joined Bichon Ca and I loved reading about them. One picture which springs to my mind is Susan cutting Max's hair while he was sitting on her knee and lots and lots of white fluff everywhere!
Susan, my heart is very sad and he was indeed SUPER MAX!  comfort

Luana
New Hampshire
EXPERT

Bichon.ca

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »

What a beautiful tribute, Del.  I was one who has known for several days now and had PM'd Susan.  I did miss them being on here, as they all had a lot to offer.  I, also, know first hand how difficult it is to lose a bichon, as do so many other members on here.  Max will be missed for sure, by all of us who knew him.

Thank you Del, love it.
dessyrell
NOVICE

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »

I saw the news while on break at work yesterday and i felt my heart just sinking in; it was the same feeling I had when I lost a family member. I was in denial for the rest of the day and just praying quitely that i have read the news banner wrong. Now i see Del's posting...am just sobbing...i cannot believe it. I grew to love the SuperMax and then DaBoys stories sooo much! I always got a chuckle reading Susan's postings. In fact when i rejoined i started looking for their photo board and catching up with their adventures. Once again, I got some good laughs! He was such a mommy's superhero  superman! I am heartbroken...Susan, SuperMax will be missed by so many people! He touched so many of us! I know he's a little angel now and is watching over us; I can only pray to meet him  manfro someday in Heaven.

Love,

Lucia  

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »

What heartbreaking news. cry1  My heart goes out to you, Susan, and to your family at this sad time.  I so enjoyed getting to know Max a bit through your very clever picture stories about him and Buddy.  I'm sure that the joy that he brought to you and so many others will never be forgotten.  I can imagine Max exchanging his red cape for a beautiful pair of angel wings. 

Thanks Del
Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »

I for one saw an email from Susan last week, with the title 'Max'.. and my heart just sunk.  Susan had told me some time back about his kidney failure and test results some time back, but like all of us, we like to think nothing more will happen.

I know Susan struggled to tell some people, she emailed a few of us together and said she would not put it on FB at the time as Terri had just lost her mother and wanted to tell Terri personally first.  She also did not want to put anything on bichon ca as she said she is not on here now and doesn't know so many people.  I offered if she wanted, but then once she told me she had told Del I knew eventually it would be on here when the time was right.  I did email a few older members that I knew would be broken to read it on a public forum like FB.  Many like Rosemary, Jane, Luana, Janine (Janine also met Max, she was very very sad) , Annie, Hils, Natalie... ones who are not around so much any more have all expressed their deepest sympathy to Susan and family.

It is very hard for those of us who have been here so long and known Max and Susan and Buddy and of course Dave and Parker.... and been through many ups and downs of Susan and her family,( not always made public on here).  So like Del has said, it is a huge loss felt by many.  That kind of, 'it can not be true', feeling is very present.  Many of us have shed tears and shared emails over the last week, and like I said to Susan, it is now a process, grief has many shapes and forms and there is no quick road through it.  Anger, denial, hurt, and even happy memories all flood the system, sometimes all at once.

I was saying to Susan, like I said to Marilyn when Harry passed... don't be surprised if you 'see' Max many times, just a quick flash out the corner of your eye... some think the mind playing tricks, I prefer to think, Max keeping an eye on you to make sure you are doing okay.  Susan replied she kept hearing Max's little feets tippity tapping on the floor.  He is just letting you know he is still there Susie, you will always be the CDL and Max will always be our bichon Superhero.

Another Terri creation
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »

Thanks Rae (& Chris, Lorraine, Luana).  I'm crying again after reading what Rae wrote.

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »

Sorry Del.  It gets me too.  I think I am doing okay and then I look at Riley and well..you know how it goes.

Another Terri creation
Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »

I can't say a lot more here. My heart was broken last week with Susan's email, and it just feels so close to home. Del, your tribute was just lovely, as always, you and Rae bring me to tears with your beautiful use of words.
Susan, if you are reading this thread, just know that you and your family are in my heart right now.  comfort

nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 05:15:57 AM »

I'm so sorry Susan, I was stunned to get Rae's message that Max had passed away. I think we all like to think we'll have our fur babies forever. My heart goes out to you all comfort

BB56 (Donna)
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »

So sorry to hear the sad news. Susan you and all the members who know you and your special Max well are in my thoughts. comfort

Thanks Alison!
Angels_ Mom_ Ann-Marie
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 12:50:09 PM »

Susan and family,

Sending you healing thoughts and prayers at this very sad time.  There are no words to ease the pain, so please take comfort in the great memories of the love you shared.   comfort

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »

crybaby I am so sorry Susan - it is such a deep loss, they fill up so much of our lives!

~*~ Catherine, missing her little Buddy   fluffangel , but now I have two new best friends!  fluffbop

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »

When I read that Del had posted something (thank you so much, Del ) I was afraid to come here for fear of the waterworks flowing again.  But they still flow pretty freely so I put on my big girl panties and logged in. Smiley  I'm so glad I did.  Only you fellow fluffernutters truly know the pain, know what to say, understand the loss.

I've always said that it was Max who turned me into "Crazy Dog Lady".  My sister was one and always poked fun at her...never understood the deep connection and love you could feel for a "dog".  Then we got Max for our 9 year old son, Parker.  A bichon because of my allergies.  As many of probably understand...Max eventually became "momma's boy" as I truly was the main caretaker and kids start to lose interest. 

Then I found bichon.ca and this wonderful group of fellow fluffernutters.  I'm so glad I have all my photo threads to look back on ..basically a scrapbook of Max's life.  And I am so grateful for the wonderful friends I've made on this forum and fondly remember the great times we had back in the day.  My situation changed where I was not able to log in as much as I could in the past (and it is difficult to be a "part timer" as you feel you miss so much) but I do dearly miss this forum and friends here.

When I found out about Max's Chronic Kidney Disease (via blood/urine tests ~ and ultrasound to rule out other causes) a couple years ago, I was heartbroken. He did well with a modified diet and supplements and his only "symptoms" were excessive drinking/urination.  In fact, the vet was surprised he didn't have more symptoms based on his numbers (that's my Supermax Smiley ) .  When signs of the disease progressing started, we moved to fluid therapy and medications, but his body wouldn't respond and he began deteriorating rapidly.  I couldn't sleep at night as I would worry about every sound he would make ..did he need me? ...did he need to go outside? ...did he need more water? ...was he throwing up?  I kept reassuring him that I was there, that it was going to be okay.  Putting food in his mouth with a syringe when he began refusing food as he was getting weaker, disoriented, and withdrawing from the family.  At the final vet visit when we went to get the bloodwork done to see if things were getting better or worse, we talked about what was next depending on the blood results.  I cried through the entire visit.

The bloodwork came back even worse than she had imagined for "worse case scenario".  His kidneys were shutting down.  We agreed to have her come to our home that Saturday (the next day).  When I told Parker he sobbed like I had never seen since he was a baby.  We continued to love up Max, try to make him comfortable, reassure him.  By Saturday morning he only wanted to lay down, his breathing was becoming shallower and he was beginning to tremor.  My mother (Max's grandma) who loved him dearly and babysat Max since he was a baby came over and did a some Reiki (supposed to reduce stress and promote relaxation) on him, we all cuddled with him, sang to him and told him how much we loved him.

When the vet called that afternoon to let us know she was on her way we all started sobbing again.  I took Max outside in the sun, in our comfy chair where we had had many cuddles at night.  I laid back and helped him to get comfortable,  he was nestled on my chest, cradled in my arms, breathing calmly being stroked and loved by his family.  The vet was so sweet and respectful.  Reassuring me that I was doing the best for Max.  When she gently took his arm he didn't resist.  I would like to think he was letting me know he was ready. I continued holding him as we all caressed him and told him how much he was loved.  It truly was peaceful and all that I could have wished for him as he left this earth.

Letting go of him was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

Buddy is doing okay. Is very clingy.  We are giving him extra cuddles. I miss him so much. Haven't gone a day without tears.  Have been sobbing through the entire length of this post. 

Thank you so much.  All of you.  Your kind words help ease the pain and help me to know I am not alone.  I look forward to your picture tribute Del.  I know you will do a fabulous job.  I'm glad Max got to meet you and Ed...only wished he could have met Bianca too.  I wish a lot of us from Bichon.ca could have met as you are all so dear to me.

Please hug your bichon close today.  Give them a kiss from me and Max.

I love you sweet Maxers  manfro

~ Susan

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »

One of my last photos of Max taken 8/4/12.  With me, my niece, Buddy and Sophie.  I hope he is smiling like that up in heaven.

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »

Oh Susan... I can visualize the final moments of Max's life. It was lovely and full of love.

I'm so sorry for the pain you feel losing Max. He was a major part of your family, and because of Max

you have all of us.

Max will live on, I know I'll never forget him. He brought so much joy to this board. The photo threads of the antics of Max & Buddy...

the picture of him flying by the Space Needle when Parker was having a birthday dinner... I'll remember it all.

Know you're not alone, we're all here if you need us, You have my phone number, use it anytime,
don't worry about the time difference,  I do my best chatting while I'm asleep.  original
I love you my friend, you're not alone. comfort

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »

Thats such a wonderful happy pic.Max will have loved you even more for giving him the perfect ending.Alison

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »

Thank you Alison and thank you so much Terri.  I hope Max is sitting on your mamma's lap right now.  blush

I don't know how I could have made it without my bichon.ca friends this past week.  I will always treasure these friendships.

dessyrell
NOVICE

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »

oh, sweet little  manfro! he always had the biggest smile, that's for sure. he was happy: he had you. i could hardly sleep last night; have been crying like crazy here...i cannot begin to imagine what you're going through, Susan. you did the right thing and it only shows how much you loved him by knowing when and how to let him go. i am praying i will know, too, when time comes. i looked over the  superman clown pics again today and found this pic that i absolutely love...
love to you and your family...
lucia & murphy 

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »

Susan, your post really post was so beautiful and we should all be lucky enough to be surrounded by such love and comfort when we pass. There truly does become a point sometimes when living is harder than dying. How wonderful, brave and loving of you to realize that your beloved Max had reached that point and to help him. His spirit is free and I have no doubt that he's with you forever.

IzzyPop (Natalie)
NOVICE

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »

I'm so sorry Susan. Sad  I saw the banner before I even logged in & my heart broke.

I may never have met Max, but your love for him showed in all your posts.

Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge, Max
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »

Susan, I am so sorry for your loss; got a lump in my throat the moment I saw the banner posting.  RIP Max, check in with Sugar and Marlin, they and Ozzy will show you all the lovely places at Rainbow Bridge.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Sam
NOVICE

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 06:46:19 PM »

I'm so truely sorry for your loss, run free little man.

Sam

BenjisMommy
Ontario, Canada
G.O.D.

I love my baby BENJI!!R.I.P Snoopy..luv u 4ever

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »

Many of you may not know me on here, but I am one of the "old timers" who has gotten so caught up with life that I have had stopped visiting this wonderful forum. Susan and I joined around the same time so I was lucky enough to "know" Max years ago. This weekend I got a sad message from Rae on facebook notifying me on this heartbreaking news. You see, bichon.ca is like a family and although I have no spoken to many of the members or Susan in a long time, hearing this was like losing a bichon of my own. Susan, your beautiful post brought back so many memories, and I can feel the pain you must be experiencing. It truly is like a hole in the heart. Losing a family member, let  alone a special one like Max, is simply heartbreaking-- no other way to put it. But I promise you, time does heal. What I found helpful was just letting it all out, I cried for days following the passing of Snoopy (months actually), I wrote down all the silly things he would do so I would never forget, and I made a memory book. To this day, I have a picture of him right next to my bed. No words at this time will take the pain away but please know the decision you made was what Max wanted and needed. He is now at rainbow bridge back to the energetic Max we all knew and loved. And I am sure Snoopy is guiding him along the way. We are all here for you. Focus on the beautiful and special memories, and the courageous decision you made in order to rid Max of his pain. He is SO thankful! I know you will continue to miss his physical presence, but his soul is definitely around you. Take as much time as you need to grieve. In time, you will be able to look back at the memories and smile and be thankful for the short time you had with Max, as it is much better than not having had him at all.

Max, you will forever be remembered for your gorgeous smile and your lovely personality. Enjoy your time with Snoopy! I am sure he will take great care of you  original

With Love,

Jane and Benji  original

*********************?e?????ommy*********************
***A Delicious Creation***
SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 07:58:25 PM »

thank you all so much.

dessyrell ~ that picture of Max is one of my top favs too! My mom would call him Prince Max.  He could be so proper and dignified and this picture reminds me of that.

Sandie ~ I know you have had your share of bichon heartbreak.  I'm glad Max will have some friends up there.

Jane ~ Oh the memories of how much your ached for your beloved Snoopy come flooding back. Unfortunately, now I can truly understand what you had gone through.  Yes, it feels as if there is literally a hole in my heart. Sad  Thank you so much for coming by and sharing your experience again with me.  Your words are very comforting and reassuring to me.  I am glad Snoopy is there to show Max around. Smiley

Thank you Sam, Natalie and Chris for your sweet words too.  I hope Max is up there feeling the love and caring of all you wonderful bichon lovers.

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »

Arhh sh*t Susan, I just got your email and came to take another look in here and now my already sore throat from man flu is aching like h*ll.  Sorry for the swearing but that is just how it is.  Loving a fur baby is the best thing in the world but losing them is just sh*t and h*ll, no other words for it.

Thanks again for letting us have Max... and da boys, in our lives.

Another Terri creation
SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »

Ahhhh Rae.  You especially have helped me through this more than you could ever know.  Hug

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »

Ahhhh Rae.  You especially have helped me through this more than you could ever know.  Hug

It is just what you do Susan, you too will take your turn to help someone when they lose their baby.  It is something you just can not really grasp until you have been through it.  Like I said, it does not get any easier though, just because you have lost before, the pain is the same just you know a little more of what to expect.  I remember when my marriage broke up, a friend (one of the kids school teachers actually) took me in, she was so kind to me, she ran me baths, lit candles, fed me and the kids, I said to her, 'how will I ever repay you?'  She said, 'arh my friend that is not how it works.  This is a process, the next three months will be a blurr in time, the pain, the grief, the release and you will function on autopilot so you need someone to help you.  Some one did this for me when my marriage broke up, so I know what you need and how you feel.  You in turn will do it for someone else one day..that is how it works, there is no repaying, just a learning and understanding for the next person who needs it. '... I remembered her words when a few months later I was getting my life back together and my hairdresser (another mum from the kids school)... broke down and confessed to me she was in trouble.... and so the chain continued.  I helped her through her time.  Funny thing though too as I was told in that situation, you often do not remain friends with those who helped you or who you help.... life just moves in a different way and you move on, but they stay forever in your heart too for what they did.  Sorry I diversed but, while it is a different situation I am comparing the loss of a baby too, it is just one of those things you have to go through to be able to really help or understand.  Look how many oldies have come out of the woodwork to support you through this terrible time, and who understand this pain...  the strength of our bichon love!

Another Terri creation
dessyrell
NOVICE

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 10:28:30 PM »

Rae, so well said and i appreciate sharing your own experience with us: "The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be one."- Ralph Waldo Emerson.  Susan, you have been such a good friend to all of us! This is testimony to your beautiful friendship. Through your postings, you have been an inspiration; i believe you touched many lives and improved our bichons' lives as well. God only knows how many times you have lifted my spirits up just by getting a good laugh at one of DaBoys' adventures. And i know Murphy is better taken care of because of you and the other members of this big wonderful family. I miss your little baby so much...and his manly poses for his little Bianca...his legacy lives on.
Sending all our love and many many hugs,
Lucia & Murphy     

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 10:39:23 PM »

I really miss the old days, the funny photo threads, the tongue in cheek humour.  It is hard to come to terms with the fact that one day, all our fluffs will indeed be together.  I guess they will all get to meet long before the rest of us.  I tell you what Susan, you better be storing up a sh*t load of that wine to bring to the bridge.... I think we will all just hang out there with the fluffs for a little while before we move on.  Heck I hope we are all going the same way!!

Another Terri creation
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:20 AM »

Susan, what a wonderful tribute to your love for Max that you and your family surrounded him with all your love.  What a great vet to come to your home .  I truly do believe that our furbabies know when it is time and while it is the hardest thing that you do , it is also the greatest love that you have for your beloved furbaby.  I did not know you and Max that well, but have enjoyed reading some of the older posts about Max.  He truly was a Super Hero and will continue to fly around the bridge keeping a watchful eye for the others and always watching for his family.  RIP in Max.

nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 05:05:44 AM »

Susan, I should have known that reading your post would evoke some strong emotions, and sure enough, I bawled my eyes out. It does indeed feel like all the Bichons on this forum are my families members. I have got to 'know' so many lovely people and their fluffers. And we all share...happy moments and sad. When I read how you made Max's journey to the bridge so special, I thought how strong you and your family are. And how strong your love for Max is, that you were able to soften his final hours.

Hils
Jersey, Channel Islands
EXPERT

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »

Susan, although we have been in touch privately I just wanted to respond to Del's lovely post and to thank you for sharing those very special last moments with our darling SuperMax.  I say 'our' because we all loved him so much and share with you in your sadness.  It must have been so hard for you to write, but it was lovely to know that he passed on as he lived, surrounded by love and comfort in your arms.  That is a beautiful photo of him too, thank you for sharing that.  He was so gorgeous and a very special furbaby.  Lots of love to you and all your family. xo
marilyn
GURU

mummys gawjus puppys

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

Susan as you know  my heart breaks for you,Dave,Parker and Buddy.

Max is now running free and playing with my Harry and all the adorable fluffs gone before.

The pain does ease, the memories they  NEVER  fade.
I still cry for the way things were and wish for just one more cuddle.
Take care Susan the feelings you have are perfectly normal.
It's comforting knowing our beloved fluffs are playing together without illness.
Like Rae says he will visit you when you least expect it and you will smile again.
M xoxox

MattiesMom (MaryEllen)
SassySue and MattieMay
GURU

SassySue and MattieMay

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »

I know that I'm late, but Susan, I'm so sorry that you have lost Max!  It is such a loss and no one can really console you.  I have to say that I still fill up and get a tight throat thinking about my lost boy Toby and girls, Molly and Missy.  It's always there!  But, time helps fade the constant sadness and life goes on.  I know that one day you will see Max again and I will see my lost furkids, too.  Take care of yourself and your family.  Max is safe and in a happy place!

Anna25
NOVICE

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

I am so very sorry.

lainey
G.O.D.

Miss Mitsy

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »

I am another "old timer" here who for various reasons was unable to continue on the site, but miss some of the fun times we had   Laughing

Susan knows how sorry I am that Max is no longer with his lovely, special, funny and warm family.
I just want to "pay my respects" here so to speak.

Max was one of the first Bichons that I "met" and fell in love with on the site. It was through Max, and his pals, that I made so many lovely friends that I remain close to. For me, that is Max's legacy and I will always be thankful to him for bringing my Bichon Mummy Buddies to me.

He was, for me, quite simply, Supermax  

fluffsuperman

As Rae says, one day we will all be together  hugX2 and I will sure as h*ll be bringing a bottle  wine, can't wait to see those big girl pants  wink1 Susan

Much love my friend and a big cuddle to my Buddy boy  clown

Lainey & Mitsy  flowers
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:34:49 AM by lainey » Logged

liz
NOVICE

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »

What can I say susan, Dave, Parker and of course Buddy that hasn't already been said.  I was so shocked and said when Marilyn told me that she had received the email.  I still am in shock. 

~The tribute to Max by Del and Susan were beautiful.  Max was such a character who used to make us all smile.  Susan - the pain will lessen.  You will never forget our Super Hero chappie.  I have been in that dark place.  Dwell on the happy memories.

RIP Dear Max.  angelwings

Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »

Susan, you have been such a good friend to all of us! This is testimony to your beautiful friendship. Through your postings, you have been an inspiration; i believe you touched many lives and improved our bichons' lives as well. God only knows how many times you have lifted my spirits up just by getting a good laugh at one of DaBoys' adventures. And i know Murphy is better taken care of because of you and the other members of this big wonderful family. I miss your little baby so much...and his manly poses for his little Bianca...his legacy lives on.
Sending all our love and many many hugs,
Lucia & Murphy     

Lucia's words struck a chord with me when I read them. So well said, and so true. Susan, you have been all of the above to Ozzie and I. When I joined bca in late 2006, I particularly remember reading about the fun  experiences you were enjoying with Max and Buddy. And being inspired by your love of life - fluffers and family, friends. Little did I know that I would someday be Mommy to my own little "Buddy" who has so many similarities to yours. I read your post/threads and think, OMG - that's Chico!!! And so with Max and Ozzie, both patient and enduring with their little brothers, looking at us with those big brown eyes as if to say " Didja haf to bring it home?"
Max will always be in my heart, although we've never met, I feel, like many, that we have all made such a strong bond over the years. I hope you know in your heart how sad I am for your loss. Time heals, enjoy your memories of Max and drop by now and again for a hug.  Hug
Love,
Carol, Ozzie the Boz and Chico Bandito

jmeechin
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »

Very sorry for your loss.  Del your tribute was wonderful.

Chellie
Tipperary, Ireland
G.O.D.

3 Little Pink Ladies

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »

Susie Woozie wine  eyebrows

I've been at a loss for words since Rae told me what had happened  crybaby at the time all I could say was how sorry I was  comfort I don't even know where or how to begin to say how deeply saddened I was by the news of  Blow Nose fluffsuperman passing  cry1

You did what only a loving and caring mum could do for him, at at the right time for him you let him off to sleep so when he woke up he would be with all his fluffy and furry (3 of my boys  cat cat cat waiting to say hi and  swing ready to be chased  eyebrows ) up on the lovely grassy Rainbows Bridge  daisy where lots more adventures are to be had  nodding You gave him the nicest send off you could and I am sure he is flying over you keeping you close  angel

I'm another oldie who sadly with setting up a new business I cannot spend as much time here as I would like but OMG I have "super" fond memories of the early days and the adventures of "Super Max & Wonder Buddy"  inlove

I told my parents and they also send on their condolences  Hug They also remember well me chatting about their adventures and laughing to myself at my laptop screen  whistling Laughing

Just remember you gave him the best years he could ever have and he knew how much he was loved  comfort Try and take some comfort at this really difficult time, remembering the wonderful memories you shared with him heart until you meet again when the time comes  muack you know that is how he would want to be remembered heart

All our love and big big hugs  Hug Hug Hug

Bonnie, Mollie and Lacey Lou
and
mum

bouquet

Edited to add this piccie where it all started I remember it so well gotta love Paint  Love Eyes Hope it gives you a wee smile  Hug  will always remember our "Fro" Boy  Wub

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:36:39 PM by Chellie » Logged

natalie
26yrs, Jersey, Channel Islands
EXPERT

Barnaby Biggins

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 04:22:50 PM »

Another oldie coming out of the woodwork here!

I just got home from a holiday abroad and mum told me the awful news. Honestly, it just makes me feel sick to my stomach. There has always been a very special place in my heart for Max - he was the first Bichon I ever saw and I instantly fell in love and knew Inhad to have one some day. It is partly because of Max that I have a Bichon of my own to love and adore and I'll always be grateful for that. Just as ai hoped, I got a baby with all the wonderful qualities I'd seen in Max and the other Bichons here on the forum.

Although I don't have the time to post here these days between work and studying, this place still feels like my second home, and the members like extended family.

I'm devastated at losing Max. Barnaby Biggins will most definitely get some extra love tonight while I pray for Susan, Dave, Parker and Buddy!

You'll be in my thoughts and, although I'm far away, I'm right here. Smiley

Lots of love and hugs

Natalie xxxx

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »

Sigh.  You ladies are all so wonderful.  Hug  I just noticed that Del posted her photo tribute.  I'm going to have to wait to look at it where I have more privacy as I know I'm going to lose it.  I lump is forming in my throat just thinking about it.

Each day I can feel the pain lessening a wee bit.  Went to pick up food for Buddy yesterday and , of course, the saleslady (who has worked there for years and knew of Max's kidney condition) asks, "How is Max doing?".  I can barely get the words out of my mouth and lose it.  She loses it.  We are both standing in the middle of the store hugging and sobbing.  Thankfully no other customers were there.  One day at a time.

Rae ~ I agree. The strength of the bichon love is incredible.  I hope and can be there for someone as much as you and everyone has been for me.  And I will definitely bring a truckload of wine to crack open when we all meet up on that rainbow bridge someday.

Andrea ~ thank you so much for your kind words.  Yes, it was very special to me that the vet came out to our home.  We just got a card in the mail from them.  Hand signed with notes by all of her employees. Made me cry (again).  Crying

Claire ~ thank you.  I wish I could have been stronger for Max though.  I'm sure he was wondering why I was so sad and crying all the time.  I hope you and your lovely fluffers are doing well and winning more ribbons. Smiley

Hils  Hug

Marilyn  "wish for just one more cuddle" .. those words are exactly how I feel.  It was so hard letting go of him for the last time.  Just one more minute..one more cuddle.

Mary Ellen & Anna ~ thank you for your kind words

Lainey ~ Sigh.  The Supermax smilie.  blush I sure miss you and the old gang. Smiley ... I will be sure to bring my big girl panties when we are all together. Wink Give Mitsy a big snuggle for me.

Liz ~ thank you.  I have never lost like this before so it helps to hear from others who let me know it does get better.

Carol~ you are so sweet.  And so funny that Chico/Ozzie are so much like Buddy/Max!  I have had so much joy looking back through photo threads and remembering happy times.  I encourage you all to document as much as you can with photos!  Like you all have said..it helps their legacy to live on in our minds as well as our hearts.  Wub

Chellie ~ another wonderful face from the past Hug  ... Oh how I would love to be able to have Max hear me say "Where's Chellie's kitties?" and hear him bark up a storm.  blush

Natalie ~ Hug so nice hearing from you earlier.  What wonderful people I have met over the years here.  I hope every newbie and current member is making those same bonds here over the love and devotion you all have to this wonderful breed.  Boy Bichon

Thank you all again for your lovely words, thoughtful posts, understanding the pain and the love we all have for these special souls.

~ Susan

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »

Just noticed the ballerina Max, Chellie.  Thank you for the smile.  original

Daisy's Mom
Daisy and her mom Rosie!
ENTHUSIAST

Daisy Mae

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »

God Bless Your Family ,and God is blessing Max with love as we speak. I two lost my Beagle Kelsey to the same problem disease and I know how you felt. I was a coward and couldn't be in the room so my husband was their. I was uncontrolable and was a mess. ,but I tell you now Ill never be like that again and will always be there for Daisy. Your a kind lady and aways was kind to me and Daisy. Max was and is now a beautiful angel.       angelwings                   And he was always great to read about him. Your in my prays and thoughts.
                                                       Love word                Rosie and Daisymae

samjes

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 03:38:25 AM »

Oh My! I was very active several years ago and have just returned to this site a few days ago. I have two kids, Sammy and Jessie, who are my world. Logging on after so long, and reading of Max passing away recently brought tears  my eyes. I am heartbroken for Susan and her family! What a tremendous loss, but also an amazing blessing, he brought his family and this community for his time we were blessed to have with him in life. Susan, I hurt with you and am thinking of you in this difficult time of loss. He was one "Lucky Pup"!!!
SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2012, 08:45:46 PM »

Thank you so much for your sweet words Rosie.  flowers  You were not a coward with your Beagle Kelsey Hug sometimes we can only handle what we can handle...and your husband was able to be there.  blush  I hope you and Daisy are doing well.  flowers

I remember Sammy and Jessie!!!  Is it Karen Thompson? unsure  .. you are on the East Coast, right? .. and worked in Real Estate?  Didn't Sammy & Jessie sleep on your bed all day while you work?  Isn't their a picture of them with matching "prairie" outfits and little bonnets? (Del - help me out!  Am I close? Or delusional? ) Laughing 

Thank you so much for coming by and leaving such a lovely note.  That means a lot to me.  blush

samjes

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »

My nane is Ruth Haines, from Charlotte, North Carolina. I am heartbroken over Max passing. My two are approaching eleven and their leaving my is my 'greatest fear'. Max will be remembered as a household legend in our home!
samjes

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »

Yes, Susan...they were in a calendar years age as month of May. I was in real eatate...lol til it tanked. I now live with my two eleven year old fluffs and my sweeties old pair of Siamese cats...been three years and steps & gate still divide our home...lol
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2012, 11:53:20 PM »

I remember Sammy and Jessie!!!  Is it Karen Thompson? unsure  .. you are on the East Coast, right? .. and worked in Real Estate?  Didn't Sammy & Jessie sleep on your bed all day while you work?  Isn't their a picture of them with matching "prairie" outfits and little bonnets? (Del - help me out!  Am I close? Or delusional? ) Laughing 
Delusional. Laughing

YKILY embrace

Karen Thompson is 'owned' by Cassie fluff & Callie fluff.  They live in WV.
I don't know about "prairie" outfits confused but Sammy fluff & Jessie fluff always had very cute bows.
And yes nodding, they were MAY-models for our 2006 bichon.ca calendar (superman Max & Bianca were NOV).

Welcome back Ruth!  I'll send you a PM.

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »

Doh Yes, now I remember...Ruth!!!  Well at least I got the real estate part right.  wacko

Glad to hear that your babies (can't believe they are 11!) are doing well and you now have a sweetie to share them with.  flowers

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: