Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 16, 2019, 11:38:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: :: SuperMax :: April 19 2003 ~ August 18 2012  (Read 18555 times)
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« on: August 27, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »

It is with a very heavy heart that I start this thread for Max, beloved Bichon of Susan.  I was thinking Susan would tell members here when she felt 'ready' for lack of a better word.....

I've been heartbroken since Susan told me about Max's passing, and haven't been up to posting/replying threads.  When she finally did post the news on FB, I took the liberty of posting a personal 'tribute' in the marquee/news section.  I know it's unfair to make this 'tribute' to Max when I've never done any for other Bichons before but I felt it was the least I could do at the time.  That plus the fact that I feel Max's loss very deeply.  Primarily because Max is Bianca's bethrothed and I've actually met & cuddled Max.  I always feel sad when a Bichon on here passes on but this time it's especially hard because Susan & I got really close on here and we had a great time when we met (in Seattle).  

I know my sudden "news" (with no info/explanation) caused distress to some members and I do apologize.  It was not my intent to shock anyone.  Like I explained in PM to some, my head & heart was all over the place, and I wasn't thinking straight when I posted the "Max, you'll always be in our hearts" sentiment.  I didn't even think/remember that there was another Max on the board, and that really gave some members a fright.  Again, I sincerely apologize.  

I wanted to do a "IN MEMORY" thread for Max (before I posted the "news"), but I was not ready.... kinda like: if I don't do it, it's not true sort of feeling.  Today, I 'picked myself up' and started looking through Max's photos but ended up crying again.  I'd like to think I AM in the process of making a photo tribute to Max, but it takes a lot of time & effort as some of you might know.  Doing Sugar's & Marlin's tribute took me a whole day and while I was able to 'power on' and finish it in a day, I'm finding it especially hard with Max's tribute because I keep getting emotional.  

I knew others have expressed their condolences to Susan in private, so I didn't feel the pressure to start/do Max's tribute.  I had intended to start Max's "IN MEMORY" thread when I finished the tribute, but I'm starting a thread now because I know members want/need a place (ie. thread) to extend their sympathies to Susan & family.  I hope Susan understands ~ and I want her to know ~ that her bichon.ca family cares for her.  Our love for this inimitable breed ~ all our beloved Bichons ~ brought us 'here', and this forum is not just about sharing joy, but also sorrow.  I also hope members don't hold it against me for not having started a thread earlier, and thereby (as a member puts it) denying you all the chance of sharing your emotions.  

I didn't mean for this to be long, but when I try to be brief/succinct, I find I'm always misunderstood.  That said, this post/thread is not about me... it's about Susan's Max.  So I shall shut up now about the back-story and say.....

SuperMax fluffsuperman
beloved Bichon of Susan, Dave, and Parker; and big brother to Buddy
passed away peacefully in his mommy's arms, surrounded by his loving family on August 18 2012.

Max suffered from chronic kidney disease and when his condition deteriorated,
Susan made the very very difficult decision to put him to sleep.
And while our world is a sadder place without SuperMax,
Rainbow Bridge is now graced by a superhero's presence.

Max, you live on in my, Ed's, and Bianca's heart.  We heart you.

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »

I'm so very sorry to hear this news.My heart goes out to all that knew and loved Max,and especially to Susan.He will live on in our memories.Alison

Vicki
NOVICE

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »

Very sorry to hear this Sad sorry for your loss Susan, supermax is happy and pain free at rainbow bridge now. Thoughts and prayers are with you and family xxxxxxx

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »

Susan, I am so very sorry for your loss. Super Max was truly one of a kind and the decision you had to make, no one should ever have to be in that position. I'm truly sorry.

Del, it is hard when a loss is someone you have actually met. It's just so much more real. While we feel like we 'know' all those we've met through their pictures and stories, it just really isn't the same in moments like these. I can understand why you are so upset. With Susan being a long-standing member and moderator, I think the banner tribute is perfectly appropriate.

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

Sending my deepest condolences to you Susan, and to Dave, Parker and Buddy for the loss of your beloved Max.
It was your pictures of Max and Buddy that first impressed me of the versatility and outgoing personalities of Bichons in general, just pack them up and take them anywhere ... they love their car seats, they love to travel, but most of all they love their humans.
Max will be sadly missed.  Crying

Thank you Alison!
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »

I saw the banner and was so saddened- waiting to hear what happened as I thought that Max was still fairly young.  I am so sorry for Susan's loss, but Super Max is still watching over his family and now his new family at Rainbow Bridge.  Max is only a memory away,  RIP Max and peace be with you and your family Susan.

Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »

RIP Max,  Crying I love you.  Lick my Mom in the face for me.  cry1

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »

I am another who saw the banner and immediatey understood what had happened and thought that was done beautifully.
Susan, Super Max and Buddy were around when I first joined Bichon Ca and I loved reading about them. One picture which springs to my mind is Susan cutting Max's hair while he was sitting on her knee and lots and lots of white fluff everywhere!
Susan, my heart is very sad and he was indeed SUPER MAX!  comfort

Luana
New Hampshire
EXPERT

Bichon.ca

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »

What a beautiful tribute, Del.  I was one who has known for several days now and had PM'd Susan.  I did miss them being on here, as they all had a lot to offer.  I, also, know first hand how difficult it is to lose a bichon, as do so many other members on here.  Max will be missed for sure, by all of us who knew him.

Thank you Del, love it.
dessyrell
NOVICE

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »

I saw the news while on break at work yesterday and i felt my heart just sinking in; it was the same feeling I had when I lost a family member. I was in denial for the rest of the day and just praying quitely that i have read the news banner wrong. Now i see Del's posting...am just sobbing...i cannot believe it. I grew to love the SuperMax and then DaBoys stories sooo much! I always got a chuckle reading Susan's postings. In fact when i rejoined i started looking for their photo board and catching up with their adventures. Once again, I got some good laughs! He was such a mommy's superhero  superman! I am heartbroken...Susan, SuperMax will be missed by so many people! He touched so many of us! I know he's a little angel now and is watching over us; I can only pray to meet him  manfro someday in Heaven.

Love,

Lucia  

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »

What heartbreaking news. cry1  My heart goes out to you, Susan, and to your family at this sad time.  I so enjoyed getting to know Max a bit through your very clever picture stories about him and Buddy.  I'm sure that the joy that he brought to you and so many others will never be forgotten.  I can imagine Max exchanging his red cape for a beautiful pair of angel wings. 

Thanks Del
Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »

I for one saw an email from Susan last week, with the title 'Max'.. and my heart just sunk.  Susan had told me some time back about his kidney failure and test results some time back, but like all of us, we like to think nothing more will happen.

I know Susan struggled to tell some people, she emailed a few of us together and said she would not put it on FB at the time as Terri had just lost her mother and wanted to tell Terri personally first.  She also did not want to put anything on bichon ca as she said she is not on here now and doesn't know so many people.  I offered if she wanted, but then once she told me she had told Del I knew eventually it would be on here when the time was right.  I did email a few older members that I knew would be broken to read it on a public forum like FB.  Many like Rosemary, Jane, Luana, Janine (Janine also met Max, she was very very sad) , Annie, Hils, Natalie... ones who are not around so much any more have all expressed their deepest sympathy to Susan and family.

It is very hard for those of us who have been here so long and known Max and Susan and Buddy and of course Dave and Parker.... and been through many ups and downs of Susan and her family,( not always made public on here).  So like Del has said, it is a huge loss felt by many.  That kind of, 'it can not be true', feeling is very present.  Many of us have shed tears and shared emails over the last week, and like I said to Susan, it is now a process, grief has many shapes and forms and there is no quick road through it.  Anger, denial, hurt, and even happy memories all flood the system, sometimes all at once.

I was saying to Susan, like I said to Marilyn when Harry passed... don't be surprised if you 'see' Max many times, just a quick flash out the corner of your eye... some think the mind playing tricks, I prefer to think, Max keeping an eye on you to make sure you are doing okay.  Susan replied she kept hearing Max's little feets tippity tapping on the floor.  He is just letting you know he is still there Susie, you will always be the CDL and Max will always be our bichon Superhero.

Another Terri creation
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »

Thanks Rae (& Chris, Lorraine, Luana).  I'm crying again after reading what Rae wrote.

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »

Sorry Del.  It gets me too.  I think I am doing okay and then I look at Riley and well..you know how it goes.

Another Terri creation
Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »

I can't say a lot more here. My heart was broken last week with Susan's email, and it just feels so close to home. Del, your tribute was just lovely, as always, you and Rae bring me to tears with your beautiful use of words.
Susan, if you are reading this thread, just know that you and your family are in my heart right now.  comfort

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: