Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 17, 2019, 04:08:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abby's cyst removal - Wed 6/April  (Read 28527 times)
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« on: April 04, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »

Abby has a lump on her shoulder that has grown suddenly.Its probably a cyst,and does seem fluid filled to me,but has become irregular in shape.

The vet thinks it should be removed.I did ask for it to be done under local.With a bit of sedation and me there Abby would be fine,but the vet isn't keen so it will be a general. I suppose they have had bad experiances so always want to opt for a general.

She is going in Weds.Of course we will have a hystology done if needs be.Her brother has had a few cysts removed and they have been fine.Alison

IzzyPop (Natalie)
NOVICE

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:53:38 AM »

I always freak out with any lumps, I'm such a nervous nelly.  I'll be thinking of abby on Wed!
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »

Thanks Natalie.I'm the same.My vet is very dour and does like to look on the black side.He is very good though.Alison

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »

As they age, bichons get all sorts of "lumps, bumps and diddley umps" as I call them.  Most are not an issue, but any time one grows suddenly, I also have it addressed.

Sugar has a LOT of them, poor gal, but they don't bother her, and I just have to be aware when I brush her.

Marlin had one pop up on his leg in January; but it didn't even need removing -- Surprised my vet as well.  She put in a needle to check and was able to draw it all out and there is still to this day not a THING there.   confused  He too has quite a few over him at this point.

Will pray for things to go well on Wednesday for Abby gal!

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Philb
NOVICE

Pippi

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »

We hope that Abby will be alright. I know that we get concerned when these growths appear on Coco's body.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 02:33:05 PM »

Good luck Wednesday. I think the sedation would be for me! I'm sure she'll be fine. I think they worry about causing harm if the animal moves, if that makes sense.

kate1064
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »

I'm sure Abby will be fine though i understand why you'd rather it was done under local.
Sophie had one removed when she was about 6, Lucy has a small lump on her leg but it hasnt grown any bigger so i'm leaving it for now.
BB56 (Donna)
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 04:27:03 PM »

Will be thinking of Abby and you on Wednesday.I'm sure all will be fine but I know how we worry.   flowers

Thanks Alison!
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »

Thanks everyone.I wish they'd try needle aspiration first Sandie.I think I'll ask when I get there Weds.Alison

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »

Prayers for Abby for her lump removal on Wednesday.  I know that you are worried because of the sedation, but I guess if it is deeper than they plan, they would be able to get it all out.  I hope that maybe they will do the needle aspiration first to see if that works, if not, then I hope that the surgury goes well and nothing is found from the lump. 

Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »

Oh good grief I had nearly finished typing a really long reply to you and it just disappeared I will come back soon

Another Terri creation
Raewync (Rae)
Super G.O.D.

Livin the life of Riley

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 10:42:38 PM »

Another Terri creation
Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 11:20:15 PM »

Hi Alison,

I just saw this and am sending hugs to you and Abby.  Abby has already had more than her fair share of problems so I hope this is just a case of cautious mom being proactive.  Since you mention that her brother had had several benign cysts removed, I would take comfort in that.  Just as with humans, I think genetic history is a strong indicator.
  comfort

Thanks Del
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 04:36:34 AM »

Alison, I expanded sorcerer your thread title ("cyst" hardly says anything neener)

I've been thinking of, and praying, since you told me.  Don't worry too much comfort
I know blush it's easier said than done (I'd worry sweatdrop too if I were in your shoes)
Bianca is sending lots of to her BFF in Wales.

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 06:35:16 AM »

Just sending our wishes that all goes well for little Abby on Wednesday!  comfort

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: