Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 09:38:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: See how Dexter & Denny get FREEBIES!  (Read 16159 times)
Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« on: November 27, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »

Just for background - I write a freebie blog and every so often I write a post on the bargains I have got recently. So today I was working on a post about the mostly free dog food I got at Petsmart yesterday, and had all the dog food set up on the coffee table so I could take my picture.

The dogs, of course, were very interested in "helping", checking the bag to make sure I didn't forget any dog food they could eat and nosing around the food on the table to see if any cans were open make sure I had set it up nice and pretty for the picture.

So I snapped my picture, picked it all up and put it away, and came to the computer to download my pictures. Fortunately I took more than one, because somehow I didn't notice that Dexter's head was in the picture!

~*~ Catherine, missing her little Buddy   fluffangel , but now I have two new best friends!  fluffbop

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 04:32:58 PM »

Dexter is such a good boy for helping his mom make sure that the display was set up nicely and just wanted to get some credit for his hard work.  What a good boy  thumbup  Gotta love that Dexter.

Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:35:53 PM »

Yep Dexter was just checking mom had got the disply right,  nodding he's such a clever  fluff  Laugh Hysterical
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »

Andrea, Tina, are you crazy?  I wanna know how Catherine got all the dog food for 'almost free!'

Trust a pet to be in a photo -- unless of course you are trying to snap his pic!  (Bianca excluded, of course).

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »

OK, Sandie I will share!

As I said, I write a freebie blog, so I am always hunting down bargains. I could feed the dogs completely for free if Dexter didn't have so many allergies - I have 6 free large bags of food just sitting here that he cannot eat and more free product coupons I did not use because of his allergies. We have lots of boxes of free treats as well.

For this particular trip I printed off three $5.00 off PetSmart coupons (you have to be a PetPerks member), and already had three Pet Perks cards, and when I signed up to the Halo newsletter, they sent me a link to print out a coupon for two free cans of their dog food per coupon. I saved the link and print out a few coupons whenever we go to Petsmart. Yesterday I printed off three coupons.

Then Save.ca often has coupons for Beneful food wet dog food - recently there were two - get a free one, and buy one get one free.

I took my son and my husband with me to buy them, and handed out the coupons and PetPerks cards.

To sign up to PetPerks: http://customer-support.petsmart.com/pet-perks/

To print Petsmart coupon: http://s.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/43221__5perkscoupon11_28_10.pdf

To sign up to the Halo newsletter: http://www.halopets.com/

To get Beneful (and more) coupons - http://www.save.ca/purina_en/coupons.php?ext=html

For the Kozy Shack pudding, the coupon was on the packaging of a previous package I had bought.

Here's my latest Canadian shopping trip:

Buffalo Blue dog food - 8 @ $2.29 - sale $1.74 - coupon $5.00 off (x2)
Bichon Santa ornament - $5.99 - coupon $5.00 off
Halo dog food - 6 @ $2.49 - sale $2.29 - free product coupons (x6)
Beneful dog food - 3 @ $2.49 - sale $3/$4.98 - BOGO coupon & free product coupon
Kozy Shack pudding - 3 @ $4.97 - sale $3.97 - coupon Buy 2 get 1 free

Original cost - $61.63
Coupons - $39.89

Out-of-Pocket Cost - $14.51

~*~ Catherine, missing her little Buddy   fluffangel , but now I have two new best friends!  fluffbop

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »

I think Dexter eyeing up the food is a great photo for your blog even though he wasn't meant to be there. It will just show everyone how delicious the food is!  Laughing

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »

Good idea Lorraine - I posted it to my Facebook fan page.

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »

Thanks for sharing Catherine!!  I'd love to read your blog!

Now .. off to Petsmart to use the coupon!!!   I see a Christmas outfit in Max's future!!! eyebrows

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »

I just checked out your profile and , yes, your  blog is identified.  nodding  So, after perusing it a bit (loved the video of fluffs opening the Amazon order) I subscribed to it via Google Reader.    It looks like a fun blog.   thumbsup

Thanks Del
Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »

You can find the link to my blog in my profile - I don't want to be spamming the forum.  wave

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »

thumbup  That is great, Catherine, thanks for sharing! 

Yes, I have my PetPerks card (only 1).  My crew have to be on grain free foods, not a lot of those available at PetsMart.  But I LOVE PetsMart, prefer them to PetCo.

We got to see the food and Dexter.  Any chance of seeing the bichon santa?  I know, always asking for more, he heee.

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »

That was the red box in the upper right hand corner of the picture.

Here's a better picture:

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »

I bought the same ornament but did not have the $5 coupon.  On the front of the box, the type dog was listed as Pit Bull.  Had to show the store manager to complain that a bichon is nothing like a pit bull.  I have a good relationship with the manager so it was not official- just kidding.  Look on the front of your box and see if yours is marked pit bull.

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »

Laugh and Bounce  No, mine does say Bichon - I checked while I was in the store to be sure.

But then, Dexter does think he is a pit bull Laugh Hysterical

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »

Great!  Thanks, Catherine.  Planning my trip to PetsMart now, lol.

flufflvr
NOVICE

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 10:44:48 PM »

You seriously scored! Mine are on grain free food too, but I'm always looking for a deal. Thanks for the tips!

101 Creative Ideas For Animal Assisted Therapy http://aatideas.com
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 01:27:47 AM »

You can find the link to my blog in my profile - I don't want to be spamming the forum.  wave

Got it!  Thanks!!!

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 10:07:47 AM »

I was thinking - I could do a dog freebie thread (with direct links, not links to my blog) - that I would add to any time I found another freebie?

Not sure where best to put it though, often it's food, but I have found free dog toys and the PetSmart coupons as well.

Or if it's OK with Del?

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 10:51:23 AM »

WOW aren't you little miss bargain shopper Catherine, my husband would  Love word YOU!
Some great finds!

Thank you Alison!
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »

Just wanted to thank you again, Catherine!

I printed out the coupon and set off for PetsMart this afternoon.  I did find and buy the bichon santa ornament -- the last one they had of the bichon!   IT WAS MEANT TO BE!   LOL!

every year, PetsMart does a charity ornament, Lucky the cat and Chance the dog.  I have most but not all of them since they started.  So while I was there, I picked up the Lucky 2010 ornament, and it was the last Lucky one left!  IT WAS MEANT TO BE!  LOL! 

Couldn't locate the dog one.   No  Got to the check out, and there sitting on the counter was the dog ornament for this year!  I quickly asked the cashier if I could have it, he said sure, the customer ahead of me decided not to take it after all.

All because of this thread!   Thank You

(Yes, I did pick up some other items.)   

EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 11:35:25 PM »

I was thinking - I could do a dog freebie thread (with direct links, not links to my blog) - that I would add to any time I found another freebie?

Not sure where best to put it though, often it's food, but I have found free dog toys and the PetSmart coupons as well.

Or if it's OK with Del?

Catherine, that's a lovely idea to share freebie links/info with our members. thumbsup
You can do your threads in the [Supplies & Services] board meeting
since it covers a number of items (food hungry, toys truck, coupons see) like you say.
Just make your post 'bichon-centric'.... eg: title it "freebies for your Bichon fluff"

I'll make this sorcerer the 1st of your freebie-thread... so more members will benefit from it (like Sandie did thumbsup)

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:19:05 PM by Katrinka (Catherine) » Logged

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »

thanks for thinking of us and posting the coupons.  I will get the cat food from Petco- if I don't forget. 

leighann123
NOVICE

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 10:53:58 PM »

You are like a Canadian Extreme Couponer!!!!
Which I never even thought was possible up here, since we don't get the good coupons like the lucky americans do! but YAY I'm glad to hear it IS possible up here! I should get looking into that!!

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 11:20:24 PM »

That's what I keep telling my readers - you can do it here in Canada! My best coupon shopping trip was $350 worth of product - for only $26!

On Sunday I spent $16 for $91 worth of food and toiletries.

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »

Thanks Catherine!  This a a great way to try a new food on my very finicky cat.   nodding

I printed the nylabone coupon as well and hopefully I'll get over before it expires.

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 10:05:03 AM »

clapping  Catherine, I love your blog especially the Swag code alerts.  Using only your alerts and the daily poll, I've already gotten one $5 gift card and am close to another.  I had never heard about Swag bucks before you posted here and it is so easy to pick them up especially since I spend so much time on line.   Laughing Thank You

Thanks Del
Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »

Thanks - I am glad it is helping you! I am paying for the Thundershirts I will order from Amazon with the gift certificates I got for free from doing Swagbucks - I love free money!  Laugh and Bounce

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 01:26:35 AM »

Rawfed
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 02:31:46 AM »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I LOVE Kozy Shack Rice Pudding. YUM.  You are definitely a "smart shopper"!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: