Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 10:26:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: See how Dexter & Denny get FREEBIES!  (Read 16163 times)
Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« on: November 27, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »

Just for background - I write a freebie blog and every so often I write a post on the bargains I have got recently. So today I was working on a post about the mostly free dog food I got at Petsmart yesterday, and had all the dog food set up on the coffee table so I could take my picture.

The dogs, of course, were very interested in "helping", checking the bag to make sure I didn't forget any dog food they could eat and nosing around the food on the table to see if any cans were open make sure I had set it up nice and pretty for the picture.

So I snapped my picture, picked it all up and put it away, and came to the computer to download my pictures. Fortunately I took more than one, because somehow I didn't notice that Dexter's head was in the picture!

~*~ Catherine, missing her little Buddy   fluffangel , but now I have two new best friends!  fluffbop

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 04:32:58 PM »

Dexter is such a good boy for helping his mom make sure that the display was set up nicely and just wanted to get some credit for his hard work.  What a good boy  thumbup  Gotta love that Dexter.

Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:35:53 PM »

Yep Dexter was just checking mom had got the disply right,  nodding he's such a clever  fluff  Laugh Hysterical
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »

Andrea, Tina, are you crazy?  I wanna know how Catherine got all the dog food for 'almost free!'

Trust a pet to be in a photo -- unless of course you are trying to snap his pic!  (Bianca excluded, of course).

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »

OK, Sandie I will share!

As I said, I write a freebie blog, so I am always hunting down bargains. I could feed the dogs completely for free if Dexter didn't have so many allergies - I have 6 free large bags of food just sitting here that he cannot eat and more free product coupons I did not use because of his allergies. We have lots of boxes of free treats as well.

For this particular trip I printed off three $5.00 off PetSmart coupons (you have to be a PetPerks member), and already had three Pet Perks cards, and when I signed up to the Halo newsletter, they sent me a link to print out a coupon for two free cans of their dog food per coupon. I saved the link and print out a few coupons whenever we go to Petsmart. Yesterday I printed off three coupons.

Then Save.ca often has coupons for Beneful food wet dog food - recently there were two - get a free one, and buy one get one free.

I took my son and my husband with me to buy them, and handed out the coupons and PetPerks cards.

To sign up to PetPerks: http://customer-support.petsmart.com/pet-perks/

To print Petsmart coupon: http://s.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/43221__5perkscoupon11_28_10.pdf

To sign up to the Halo newsletter: http://www.halopets.com/

To get Beneful (and more) coupons - http://www.save.ca/purina_en/coupons.php?ext=html

For the Kozy Shack pudding, the coupon was on the packaging of a previous package I had bought.

Here's my latest Canadian shopping trip:

Buffalo Blue dog food - 8 @ $2.29 - sale $1.74 - coupon $5.00 off (x2)
Bichon Santa ornament - $5.99 - coupon $5.00 off
Halo dog food - 6 @ $2.49 - sale $2.29 - free product coupons (x6)
Beneful dog food - 3 @ $2.49 - sale $3/$4.98 - BOGO coupon & free product coupon
Kozy Shack pudding - 3 @ $4.97 - sale $3.97 - coupon Buy 2 get 1 free

Original cost - $61.63
Coupons - $39.89

Out-of-Pocket Cost - $14.51

~*~ Catherine, missing her little Buddy   fluffangel , but now I have two new best friends!  fluffbop

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »

I think Dexter eyeing up the food is a great photo for your blog even though he wasn't meant to be there. It will just show everyone how delicious the food is!  Laughing

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »

Good idea Lorraine - I posted it to my Facebook fan page.

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »

Thanks for sharing Catherine!!  I'd love to read your blog!

Now .. off to Petsmart to use the coupon!!!   I see a Christmas outfit in Max's future!!! eyebrows

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »

I just checked out your profile and , yes, your  blog is identified.  nodding  So, after perusing it a bit (loved the video of fluffs opening the Amazon order) I subscribed to it via Google Reader.    It looks like a fun blog.   thumbsup

Thanks Del
Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »

You can find the link to my blog in my profile - I don't want to be spamming the forum.  wave

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »

thumbup  That is great, Catherine, thanks for sharing! 

Yes, I have my PetPerks card (only 1).  My crew have to be on grain free foods, not a lot of those available at PetsMart.  But I LOVE PetsMart, prefer them to PetCo.

We got to see the food and Dexter.  Any chance of seeing the bichon santa?  I know, always asking for more, he heee.

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »

That was the red box in the upper right hand corner of the picture.

Here's a better picture:

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »

I bought the same ornament but did not have the $5 coupon.  On the front of the box, the type dog was listed as Pit Bull.  Had to show the store manager to complain that a bichon is nothing like a pit bull.  I have a good relationship with the manager so it was not official- just kidding.  Look on the front of your box and see if yours is marked pit bull.

Katrinka (Catherine)
NOVICE

Buddy on Guard

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »

Laugh and Bounce  No, mine does say Bichon - I checked while I was in the store to be sure.

But then, Dexter does think he is a pit bull Laugh Hysterical

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »

Great!  Thanks, Catherine.  Planning my trip to PetsMart now, lol.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: