Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
August 17, 2019, 10:24:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rope n Go Harness...  (Read 33934 times)
Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2011, 10:46:59 PM »

How boring it would be if we all loved all the same things! 
Great line Debbra! I like that.
Today we went down to the waterfront, I was not on my scooter but being pushed by a friend in my wheelchair, Lia is not really used to this set up so it was throwing her a a bit being so close to the side of the chair, (she had to be because the walkways were full of people as it was a BEAUTIFUL day) so I let another friend walk her on a separate leash and she had Lia close all the time. If I had a traffic loop on our leash I am sure she would have used it. I tend to walk the  fluff fluff on a looser leash and pull them in as we approach on coming pedestrians, but as you said, we don't all  Love word the same things. 

Thank you Alison!
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »

I discovered a great thing about the rope n go today .... you can easily add back the loop if you want it  nodding  It was a fabulous day here as well!  Max and I went with my Mother to the garden centre.  He was very well behaved but wanted to investigate all the sights and smells and because it was such a wonderful day after days and days of rain the garden centre was packed.  I hadn't been there two minutes when I quickly tied a loop back into the leash so that I could keep Max close at hand. 

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2011, 11:41:59 PM »

Yep- that's exactly how I use it!

Rawfed
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2011, 11:45:26 PM »

How does the "traffic loop" work?  confused  Is there a video on it? thinking original
bluebell
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2011, 11:57:34 PM »

I walk them on 36 inch leads now, so these leads were far too long for me and with a lot of extra bulk/length to deal with to keep them short enough (and I'm not one to chop up a rope lead - I'd rather just buy one that's the right length).

They said they take custom sizes for their toy size leads for people that want a more delicate lead but with a larger dog, which is what I had ordered for them. I had asked for their thinnest rope with a 4ft leash and no traffic lead, and they sent me a 6 ft lead with a bunch of it looped over, and the rope was pretty thick (though I have no comparison to other sizes, so I can't say if it was indeed the thinnest they offer or if they just sent me what was already made, which is what I suspect).

But I am glad it is working for Debbra and glad that others enjoy and benefit from the design. I've found some leather step-in leads like the rope-n-go on a few various sites that are like THS and THIS,which is more the lead style I like, though I'm vegetarian so I don't buy leather products (nor do I want to spend that much on a dog leash). Then I found THESE, which are exactly what I want ... but too small. I found THESE faux leather ones, but the lead looks long and I'm not too fussed about the crystal/glitter accent.

I'll keep a casual eye out, though.
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2011, 09:39:48 AM »

How does the "traffic loop" work?  confused  Is there a video on it? thinking original

Here are some photos that show the 'traffic loop' (although I thought it was bigger when it came).  I just untied it so I had a straight leash.  Yesterday I tied a loop back into it when we were somewhere that was really busy.

Rawfed
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 01:44:32 AM »

Thanks Debbra. I see it.  The leash looks really nice! It looks strong too.
BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »

I found THESE faux leather ones, but the lead looks long and I'm not too fussed about the crystal/glitter accent.

These (the faux leather ones in the last link) are in a pet store that I frequent and they actually seem kind of flimsy and IMO tacky.

bluebell
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »

Good to know my gut was correct on those ones. I've seen/used to sell the leather ones, and those were well made - but too rich for me (and I don't buy leather).
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »

Debbra, Max certainly has changed his looks-   Laugh Hysterical  thanks for showing the traffice loop.

I have one of the leather leashes that Danielle showed but in a different style.  It is red and has a rhinestone bone slide- a little blingy, but it is fun sometimes.  The biggest problems with the harness is that there are no buckles to use with Noah's car seat- so can only use it for walking.   I would not want to use it all the time as it is as Kelly said flimsy. 

BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »

Debbra, Max certainly has changed his looks-   Laugh Hysterical  thanks for showing the traffice loop.

Haha, must be his summer look LOL, is that what they look like under all the fluff?!  Laugh Hysterical

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »

Debbra, Max certainly has changed his looks-   Laugh Hysterical  thanks for showing the traffice loop.

Laugh Hysterical

bluebell
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2011, 11:49:13 PM »

Oh Debbra, could you rate me on eBay? No one ever does, which is why I have such a low number next to my star despite having made a number of sales there.
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »

Oh Debbra, could you rate me on eBay? No one ever does, which is why I have such a low number next to my star despite having made a number of sales there.

Done!

bluebell
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »

Thanks! Kiss
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: