Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
January 15, 2019, 08:13:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rope n Go Harness...  (Read 29922 times)
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« on: September 08, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »

http://www.ropengo.com/harness.php

I found this in the thread for puppia harnesses that was recently linked in another thread and it looks exactly like what I've been looking for for Darwin- but one BIG question- Is it easy to chew?? He has had step in harnesses before that he has managed to get his head down to the chest piece and chew it right in 2. Is this sturdy and/ or does it fit so that he wouldn't be able to reach it?

Thanks for sharing any experience you have.

Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

Ive never seen these till now Chris,  blink so I wouldnt have a clue,  No sorry i'm no help  No
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 04:41:47 PM »

Ive never seen these till now Chris,  blink so I wouldnt have a clue,  No sorry i'm no help  No
Me neither until today, but it looks neat, doesn't it???? As long as I don't buy it and he chews the heck out of it.... He chokes even with the puppia style harness, and this looks so easy to use, what with the leash attached. I hate putting the leash on his collar in emergencies, but it happens. This looks like a solution.

IzzyPop (Natalie)
NOVICE

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:00:14 PM »

I had one, a kitty version so obviously not as strong, a few years ago.  I did not like the way the clasp moved on it, and it frayed quickly (ruined within a year).  I was using it for my blind kitty, she was ill & had many vet visits, and did not handle carriers well (couldn't see the walls/bars so would hurt herself in a carrier).
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »

I had one, a kitty version so obviously not as strong, a few years ago.  I did not like the way the clasp moved on it, and it frayed quickly (ruined within a year).  I was using it for my blind kitty, she was ill & had many vet visits, and did not handle carriers well (couldn't see the walls/bars so would hurt herself in a carrier).
Thanks Natalie. So the clasp moves while it's on? Darwin is definitely a flight risk, so it would be dangerous if he got out of it. I'm thinking if it frayed quickly, he could could chew it pretty easily, too. Hmmm...

IzzyPop (Natalie)
NOVICE

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 05:57:51 PM »

Mine was definitely not the heavier weight cord like the one you linked.

The clasp to tighten it would always catch in my kitties hair.  She was a DSH (shorthair) but had a dense/fluffy coat.

This is the closest link I can find, the picture isn't great -

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-Cat-Lead-And-Harness/dp/B0002ASGU4/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 07:06:04 PM »

I have one or Tasha and I LOVE it! (Tasha is the puppy mill rescue, so when she arrived, just about everything scared her.)

Tasha escaped from 5 different harnesses - all different types - until I got one of thee.  NO WAY she can get out of it.

I can not leave a harness on Tasha, as she will chew it.  Even at the roomer's, I take it WITH me, just so Tracie won't put it on her by mistake. (Tracie gets the pups all set to go and if I am not there, they wander the room or sit in their kennel with the harnesses on; all except Tasha, lol.)  Tasha is OK while we drive to and from our destinations, all are very short trips.

She HAD chewed through the Rope N Go.  Two of them!  I used black electrical tape to fix them.  She chewed through THAT too on the first one, lol. 

Tasha hasn't chewed on her harness in months and months, so we MAY be over that step in her adjustment.

I have no idea which part is the "clasp" that is referred to, there is only rope and knots.  We are pretty hard on it -- when we go to our "farm walks," Tasha keeps her harness on and drags it behind her through all the brush and grass, through the woods.  (She still will not come to me, so I have to have the leash on her to "catch" her when it is time to return to the parking lot and get in the car."  It is not fraying one bit.

Bichons Frise': Tasha, Willy, Riley, Belle, Frankie
Cats: Crystal, Ebony, Bobby, Tommy, Tuppence, Mandy, Emma
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »

So it sounds like maybe the dog one is made better than the cat one?? Thanks for sharing your experience, Sandie. I'm on the fence still because if it's chewable, I know he will.

MattiesMom (MaryEllen)
SassySue and MattieMay
GURU

SassySue and MattieMay

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »

I don't know of a harness made that can't be chewed (if left on).  I have the Ropengo harness for both of my girls.  It is THE best fitted harness and my little escape artist (Miss Sassypants) can't get out of it.   Once you've adjusted it to fit, you just put it on (like a shirt), push the knot down till it's snug and off you go.  There is a learning curve to fitting it though.  Be sure to watch their demo video.  I like to think of the black part as a "necktie".  It goes in the front.  Once I learned that, it was easy to put on.  This is not a harness you leave on once your walk is over.  It is meant to be removed after use.  If you are concerned about him chewing the leash part (I had that issue with Sassy) it is possible to attach a new leash to the loop on the extension from the harness.  I'm quite sure you would like this harness.

Luana
New Hampshire
EXPERT

Bichon.ca

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »

Sounds interesting.  Is it an anti pull harness as well?

Thank you Del, love it.
IzzyPop (Natalie)
NOVICE

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »

The cat one you put their legs in the openings & tightened the "clasp" behind their shoulders until it fit snugly so they couldn't get out.  If that makes any sense
flufflvr
NOVICE

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 01:12:48 AM »

I just might have to try this out!

101 Creative Ideas For Animal Assisted Therapy http://aatideas.com
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »

Oh, I know he could chew most any harness. I guess what I wondered is if the design lent itself to his being able to get his mouth down to the rope while he was wearing it- does that make sense? The leash I would never leave on if not walking him, because that would be chewed in a heartbeat.

I have the mesh/ Puppia type that he can't chew, but he does the choking thing with it. I'll probably just get one of these and give it a try.

Thanks for all your help!

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »

Sounds interesting.  Is it an anti pull harness as well?

No it is not that style, Luana.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 12:48:34 AM »

OK, so I first posted about this 3 MONTHS ago, but I just finally ordered it- and it came 2 days ago. I really, really recommend this. It goes on so slick, he doesn't seem to even notice it's on, and best of all, he can't slip out of it. So far he hasn't even tried. I love that it's all one piece so it really cuts down on the steps. Two thumbs up!

Rawfed
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 03:43:28 AM »

Anyone know how this goes on? I don't see a buckle? Hmm.. it looks neat though
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 11:30:08 AM »

No buckle, it is all fastener / hardware  free.

You hold it like a necktie, slip it over the head.  Then put each front foot through one of the ropes.

There is a video on the website which I found helpful.

Well!  It seems the web site is down at the moment, lol.

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »

I noticed that too Sandie.  They are redoing the site, but you are directed to another site.  Did not go there so don't know if the video is there or just the ability to order the product.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 11:48:52 AM »

I noticed that too Sandie.  They are redoing the site, but you are directed to another site.  Did not go there so don't know if the video is there or just the ability to order the product.

Yup I had checked, it isj ust the ordering, no video etc.  I sent them a message that we need access to that vid!  He hee

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 09:05:43 PM »

Oh good! Thanks Sandie for getting the link. I really do like this one.

bluebell
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 12:24:28 AM »

So what size ropengo does everyone have? I'm considering one for Sophie since she has a tendency to pull sometimes. I would prefer the thinner rope, but I'm not sure it's large enough? The page doesn't have sizing info up right now, but it does say they can do the smaller rope in a larger girth on request. I just need to know what girth the are referring to (chest barell?). Maybe I'll wait. I'm so decisive.
Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »

Danielle, Tasha is 14 to 15 pounds, and I got the Medium for her.

Star looks so BORED in that video, did you make her urn a marathon first to get her relaxed?   LOL!  Th idea of th Lupi is the same, putting it on and so forth.  Hard to say from the vid but yes, it does seem that your rope is less "stiff" than the Rope N Go.

Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 11:33:40 AM »

Cute video of Star modeling her new Lupi.  SHe is so calm and sweet.  Have you tried it out yet?  Looks like a great way to walk your dog.  I could use that for Noah when we walked but if I take him in the car, I have to have a regular harness as I have to buckle him in his car seat.  Thanks for taking the time to video the Lupi for us.

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »

Aww Star is adorable!!  Wub 

Thanks to both of you for sharing these harnesses.  If I can't make the Easy Walk fit right I may try one of these next.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »

So what size ropengo does everyone have? I'm considering one for Sophie since she has a tendency to pull sometimes. I would prefer the thinner rope, but I'm not sure it's large enough? The page doesn't have sizing info up right now, but it does say they can do the smaller rope in a larger girth on request. I just need to know what girth the are referring to (chest barell?). Maybe I'll wait. I'm so decisive.

Danielle- I actually got a small for Darwin. The hang tag is as follows for size:
xs toy (up to 16" girth)
small (10-22" girth)
med/ large (22-36" girth)

The rope is actually pretty thick, but like I said, he does not even seem to notice it's on him- which was never the case with other harnesses and collars- he was always chewing at them or trying (and succeeding) to pull out of them.

It's a high quality product for sure- all the rope ends are melted so they don't fray. I got the extra length leash, but they put a neat hand loop in it to hold him close when cars come, etc.

I can video putting it on him if anyone wants.

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 03:56:26 PM »

Home Depot??!!?   I would never have thought to look for pet stuff there.  Now I will have to investigate.  I am pretty sure that they sell them at Petsmart as it looks like the one that the trainer in our beginner class recommended.  I would probably try to see both before making a decision but I have three leashes already so not really an issue as to whether it's included. 

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 04:10:27 PM »

Star did an excellent job of demonstrating the harness.   thumbsup

Thanks Del
Rawfed
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 05:34:41 PM »

@Debbra
Ooops  sorry!! Not Home Depot, Home Hardware. Here's the link:
http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/_/N-1z140sbZ67lZ2pqf/Ne-67nZlnt3/R-I5976232

@Susan J, Aww thanks!!
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »

Thanks Ella!!  Wouldn't have thought to look their either.  It is quite reasonably priced.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 06:43:06 PM »

@Debbra, oh I do hope you can get the Easy Walk working, as that will stop him pulling.  The rope n go doesn't!

I'd forgotten that about the leash, yup I got the longer leash as well.  That short hand grip is great when you need the dog to "get close" and they don't seem to remember what the heck that command means!   lmao

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »

@Debbra, oh I do hope you can get the Easy Walk working, as that will stop him pulling.  The rope n go doesn't!

I'd forgotten that about the leash, yup I got the longer leash as well.  That short hand grip is great when you need the dog to "get close" and they don't seem to remember what the heck that command means!   lmao
Darwin remember a command?? Surely you're talking about some other puppa!  devil  Laughing

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 07:00:51 PM »

I will make an adjustment to the girth before his walk tonight and see how that goes.  I have been doing some online research and have found a couple of other tips  as well but will try things one at a time so I know what works and what doesn't. 

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »

Back on with a short video- I realize it looks like I was being a bit rough with him  blush but I was actually just hurrying to keep the video file short, show how fast you can do it and go AND to go and give him a bath (can't tell he needs that, eh?).

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 08:26:21 PM »

Wow Chris!  That was quick and easy.  Thanks for posting the video.

Rawfed
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 08:36:39 PM »

Thanks Chris!  Darwin is a cutie!  I love your floors!!
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »

Darwin is such a good model.  That was really quick - like he did not know what was happening.  The harness really looks very well made.  Noah has a leather harness like that with a blingy bone for the tie down clasp.  It is one piece but the leash is rather short.  It works nicely for when I take him somewhere that I need a short leash.   thanks for the video.  Might have to look into this for our walks.

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 09:33:25 PM »

Funny you should mention my floors, Ella, because they are driving me NUTS! I have spent hours today literally on my hands and knees with a spray bottle of vinegar and water and paper towels trying to remove the horrible smudgey film left by a cleaner (right now I'm blaming the Swiffer wet jet, but I could be wrong). I paused to take Darwin out for exercise with the kids and figured it was a good time to do a quick video! Poor guy got a bath and partial trim right after.

Thanks Debra and Andrea!

Susan J
G.O.D.

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »

That is fast and impressive.  We use the Lupine Roman harness and it takes much longer.  How is it for softness though?  I keep thinking Missy would get rope burns if she gets into one of her sled dog imitations when she is determined to go in a certain direction. 

Thanks Del
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »

That is fast and impressive.  We use the Lupine Roman harness and it takes much longer.  How is it for softness though?  I keep thinking Missy would get rope burns if she gets into one of her sled dog imitations when she is determined to go in a certain direction. 
It holds pretty firm around him and there's a rubber/ plastic piece in the front that is softer. It's not choke-free if he pulls, but I find if I slide that front piece lower, it happens pretty rarely. We just got back from the vet (bordatella booster) and he wore it- worked out fine, but he did do the choke/ cough briefly a couple times pulling.

Susan J
G.O.D.

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 03:10:30 PM »

Thanks Chris,   nodding   

I was telling Ted about it but since Missy seem very sensitive to any pressure around her throat, I guess we will spend the extra minute and stick with the Lupine harnesses.   I appreciate the information.   thumbsup

Thanks Del
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:39 PM »

Chris, oh no it left a smudgey film? Did the vinegar work to get it off? They look soooooo shiny to me and really beautiful!

Did Darwin choke at the Vet's because the rope n go was too forward? Or he just choked anyway?  With the Lupi I have, Sky rarely chokes. It's a similar idea of the Rope N Go, but he can sometimes choke if he really pulls, but it's sooo much better than any other harness he's had. I just don't think the Lupi is strong. Is the Rope N Go thick and does it feel very strong?
That's exactly what I meant by the choking- it's only when he's really pulling and protesting (ie the vets). I didn't want to mislead anyone that he *never* choked with it, though, and it really is much less than other collars and harnesses I've used.

The floors- ugh. We have 2 different kinds. The ones in the video are polyurethaned, so still look shiny despite the smudges. The other kind is new and can't have water on it. After I took the Christmas tree down, it was dirty, so I just used the Swiffer we jet over the whole thing. MISTAKE. I finally got most of the haze off yesterday with the vinegar and water by hand. The poly'ed floors I am currently trying Windex (a no-no on the other floor). I may be bald from pulling my hair out by the time I'm done, though.

Rawfed
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 06:28:54 PM »

Thanks Chris .  Is the rope strong?

Ugh, Why do they make floors that can't have water on them?! People spill stuff all the time on the floor. How are you supposed to clean it? When you said you "poly'ed" the floors, is that the new floor? 
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »

The rope is very strong- I don't have an ounce of concern about that.

The floors- the poly'ed floors are older, solid hardwood that came with the house, so are original. In the great room, there was WHITE carpet with previous dog- pee stains on it when we bought the house. Darwin then went crazy pee-ing on it when we first got him, and well- it had to go. We replaced it with one of the DIY wood floors from Home Depot. It looks great, but the boards aren't solid hardwood- they are softer wood with a hardwood veneer- so if they get wet, they can swell and peel. It's not a room we use alot, so it's not a huge big deal- until I tried to spiff it up after Christmas with the swiffer!  Doh The Swiffer did no favors for the other hardwood floors, either, but at least they are alot more forgiving.

Rawfed
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »

Wow White carpet. I love white carpet but can't have that with dogs for sure. 
That's nice that you have real hardwood floors. Very nice!  I have the DIY wood floors too, but in the whole living room. I love how they look, but you're right, water will warp them.  I have been able to clean mine with a steam mop, so I think they are coated pretty well yay.
bluebell
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2011, 06:50:43 PM »

Ordered mine today. Let's see how I like it once it's hear.
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 07:57:48 PM »

Ordered mine today. Let's see how I like it once it's hear.
For what it's worth, I still love ours. Smiley

bluebell
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 08:45:41 PM »

I'm not sure I like them. I like the idea and the overall design very much, but I hate the texture of the rope and the aesthetics (frankly it all looks a little sloppy for my tastes).

Also, I'd asked NOT to have a "traffic loop", and yet still received them that way. I'm debating whether I should send back for new ones without the loop or return them all together - or perhaps someone here might want them? I have one purple and one turquoise, both size small, have only been tried on indoors.

:|

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 09:48:32 PM »

Well, I guess I can't really comment on the aesthetics, but I really thought the top knot was kind of pretty? And I like the fact that he doesn't have to wear a harness- it is the harness. It's just so quick and easy. If I were you, I'd try it a few more times before I decided.

bluebell
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »

I won't walk them outdoors with these as they are - the extra loops are clunky and add way too much length to the leash portion. The leads I use now are somewhat similar (martingale show leads), though they go around the collar area. I thought I'd try these as Sophie will sometimes pull, but the rope is going to ruin her coat and is far thicker than I want (I'm walking three at once, so I need thin leashes).
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »

Well, it was worth a try. I hope I didn't mislead you in any way with my posts. I guess what works for one doesn't work for all by any means (wouldn't it be great if it did, though).

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 10:02:58 PM »

Sorry if this is a silly question but what do you mean a "traffic loop"?   I thought these were all one piece?

bluebell
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »

I do like the concept quite a bit. I want one that is:

-more coat friendly
-sleeker looking with a shorter lead
-slimmer, at least on the leash part

If anyone is interested in the two I have, I'm still in debate whether to try returning them or to sell them myself.

ETA: Traffic loop is a second handle further down the lead for when you want them close. They accomplished this on the rope-n-go by tying a knot in the middle of the leash and leaving a big loop of rope.
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »

Thanks!  Makes perfect sense now that you explained it.

How much did they cost?

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »

See, I think you should design your own and market it! That's what these people did (the makers of Rope 'n go). Make one how you want it, with the materials you like and then then hit the internet with it!

MattiesMom (MaryEllen)
SassySue and MattieMay
GURU

SassySue and MattieMay

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »

I understand what Danielle means.  I didn't like the feel of the thick rope in my hands.  They felt clunky and the weighted rope made walking more than one dog harder.  I ended up removing the leash sections (by cutting it off) and using just the harness sections and my own leashes.  The leashes I chose (3/8 inches wide from Walmart) are only 4 feet long so attached to the harness by the section left attached, the leash is really more like five feet.  This is more comfortable for me walking two dogs.  They are still my favored harnesses due to the ease of putting them on.  But like Danielle, I'd like to see them work on making a sleeker model.

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 10:20:43 PM »

See, I think you should design your own and market it! That's what these people did (the makers of Rope 'n go). Make one how you want it, with the materials you like and then then hit the internet with it!

Now that's a great idea!!   From my online research of reviews there is clearly a huge market of dog owners always looking for a better leash as well as those who will always want to check out the new item available for their furbaby.

bluebell
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:54 PM »

Debbra they were $22 a piece I believe (hubby ordered Rolled Eyes). It's a solid leash, and for one dog I think it would be okay as far as comfortably holding the leash goes. It's just not for us. I have Puppia harnesses with the 3/8in/4 ft nylons leads that Mary Ellen describes. The only reason I don't use them more is that they get so dirty! But I suppose all harness will do that being close to the ground. I usually use them at shows as we are indoors and the girls are very excited to see so many poodles and bichons!
bluebell
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 05:22:00 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280671613794#ht_500wt_1004

If this isn't allowed, mods please delete. I just thought I'd post as an update and a secure way for other members to purchase these from me should they wish to.
adonia
NOVICE

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »

Bluebell i would love one of those however im in uk,
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »

Glad you posted.  I was interested when this thread was up before and then totally forgot about it.  Your ad only sets out US shipping.  Would you ship to Canada?  Any idea of the cost?  Regular mail would be fine. Thanks!

bluebell
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »

I could do Canada. Priority flat rate is $11.95, but if it's you and you don't mind the wait, I can send First Class for $3. I'll alter the entry to allow Canadian purchases (if you buy, let me know here or there that it's you so that I can make the appropriate invoice for shipping).
bluebell
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 12:55:08 PM »

Whoops adonia, missed your reply. Doh I could do UK shipping for you if you'd like. International flat rate is $11.95, so if you are interested still let me know and I will alter the listing for you.
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2011, 01:03:31 PM »

I could do Canada. Priority flat rate is $11.95, but if it's you and you don't mind the wait, I can send First Class for $3. I'll alter the entry to allow Canadian purchases (if you buy, let me know here or there that it's you so that I can make the appropriate invoice for shipping).

That would be great Danielle.  I'm in no rush .... not like Max needs another harness  whistling ... so first class is fine.  Let me know when you've altered the ad to allow the Canadian purchase.   Thanks

Adonia if you are buying too and have a colour preference let me know.

bluebell
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »

Listing has been altered for US and Canada (but can allow overseas for adonia should she choose to buy one). Yeah Just let me know it's you, and obviously, don't make payment until I send a corrected invoice for the First Class shipping!
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »

I'm rather an ebay novice but I believe purchased but not paid and a message sent to you.   original

bluebell
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 02:24:32 PM »

You did just as you said! Thanks and I hope you like it as much as others have. Happy 2
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »

Well, I am very impressed with myself if I did it all right the first time  Laughing

bluebell
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »

You did! thumbup

Laughing
bluebell
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »

I was able to drop it in the mail for you today. I'm not sure how long it will take, but hopefully it won't be too long. sweatdrop
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2011, 12:35:39 AM »

Thanks!!  I got the ebay notice that it was shipped.  I don't think it should take too long but there really is no rush as it's just a new 'toy' for me to try out with Max.   whistling    I'll let you know when it arrives.

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2011, 10:46:49 PM »

So, the rope n go that I bought off Danielle has arrived (beginning of this week so not long at all) and I am quite happy with it.   nodding    I can understand though why you would find it bulky with two of them and three dogs on a walk.   I have to admit that Jim and I looked at the 'traffic loop' for a few minutes  thinking  before deciding that really it was just made with a knot and could be untied.  He did this before we even tried it on Max the first time.   My guess we went from a 4 ft leash with the loop to a straight 6 ft but I haven't measured.   original  It is very easy to put on and Max shows no discomfort from it.   All in all  thumbup from us.

Thank You Danielle!    I had looked at them when this thread came up ages ago but it appeared you had to order online and I couldn't find a Canadian site and shipping can get ridiculous on some sites so didn't follow through. 

bluebell
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »

Yeah, the traffic loop did nothing for me, but I'm so glad it's working for you and that Max likes it. Yeah
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2011, 12:19:17 AM »

I must be crazy, because I actually use the traffic loop- alot. Our road is not that busy so I can let him out the full length of the leash until a car is coming, then I grab the loop and have close control over him. I think it's ingenious. I still love the whole thing- go figure! To each his own, as with everything else. Smiley

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2011, 12:46:00 AM »

How boring it would be if we all loved all the same things!   Laughing

It may be just the issue of the layout/setup of the area where you walk.  If with the leash at full length Max could not reach the road when we are walking on the sidewalk so it's not really a concern.  It's easy to gather up or wrap around my hand if I want/need to get him closer to me. 

Lin
G.O.D.

Snug as a bug in a rug

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2011, 10:46:59 PM »

How boring it would be if we all loved all the same things! 
Great line Debbra! I like that.
Today we went down to the waterfront, I was not on my scooter but being pushed by a friend in my wheelchair, Lia is not really used to this set up so it was throwing her a a bit being so close to the side of the chair, (she had to be because the walkways were full of people as it was a BEAUTIFUL day) so I let another friend walk her on a separate leash and she had Lia close all the time. If I had a traffic loop on our leash I am sure she would have used it. I tend to walk the  fluff fluff on a looser leash and pull them in as we approach on coming pedestrians, but as you said, we don't all  Love word the same things. 

Thank you Alison!
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »

I discovered a great thing about the rope n go today .... you can easily add back the loop if you want it  nodding  It was a fabulous day here as well!  Max and I went with my Mother to the garden centre.  He was very well behaved but wanted to investigate all the sights and smells and because it was such a wonderful day after days and days of rain the garden centre was packed.  I hadn't been there two minutes when I quickly tied a loop back into the leash so that I could keep Max close at hand. 

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2011, 11:41:59 PM »

Yep- that's exactly how I use it!

Rawfed
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2011, 11:45:26 PM »

How does the "traffic loop" work?  confused  Is there a video on it? thinking original
bluebell
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2011, 11:57:34 PM »

I walk them on 36 inch leads now, so these leads were far too long for me and with a lot of extra bulk/length to deal with to keep them short enough (and I'm not one to chop up a rope lead - I'd rather just buy one that's the right length).

They said they take custom sizes for their toy size leads for people that want a more delicate lead but with a larger dog, which is what I had ordered for them. I had asked for their thinnest rope with a 4ft leash and no traffic lead, and they sent me a 6 ft lead with a bunch of it looped over, and the rope was pretty thick (though I have no comparison to other sizes, so I can't say if it was indeed the thinnest they offer or if they just sent me what was already made, which is what I suspect).

But I am glad it is working for Debbra and glad that others enjoy and benefit from the design. I've found some leather step-in leads like the rope-n-go on a few various sites that are like THS and THIS,which is more the lead style I like, though I'm vegetarian so I don't buy leather products (nor do I want to spend that much on a dog leash). Then I found THESE, which are exactly what I want ... but too small. I found THESE faux leather ones, but the lead looks long and I'm not too fussed about the crystal/glitter accent.

I'll keep a casual eye out, though.
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2011, 09:39:48 AM »

How does the "traffic loop" work?  confused  Is there a video on it? thinking original

Here are some photos that show the 'traffic loop' (although I thought it was bigger when it came).  I just untied it so I had a straight leash.  Yesterday I tied a loop back into it when we were somewhere that was really busy.

Rawfed
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 01:44:32 AM »

Thanks Debbra. I see it.  The leash looks really nice! It looks strong too.
BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »

I found THESE faux leather ones, but the lead looks long and I'm not too fussed about the crystal/glitter accent.

These (the faux leather ones in the last link) are in a pet store that I frequent and they actually seem kind of flimsy and IMO tacky.

bluebell
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »

Good to know my gut was correct on those ones. I've seen/used to sell the leather ones, and those were well made - but too rich for me (and I don't buy leather).
Andrea
G.O.D.

Noah

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »

Debbra, Max certainly has changed his looks-   Laugh Hysterical  thanks for showing the traffice loop.

I have one of the leather leashes that Danielle showed but in a different style.  It is red and has a rhinestone bone slide- a little blingy, but it is fun sometimes.  The biggest problems with the harness is that there are no buckles to use with Noah's car seat- so can only use it for walking.   I would not want to use it all the time as it is as Kelly said flimsy. 

BellasMommy (Kelly)
EXPERT

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »

Debbra, Max certainly has changed his looks-   Laugh Hysterical  thanks for showing the traffice loop.

Haha, must be his summer look LOL, is that what they look like under all the fluff?!  Laugh Hysterical

Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »

Debbra, Max certainly has changed his looks-   Laugh Hysterical  thanks for showing the traffice loop.

Laugh Hysterical

bluebell
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2011, 11:49:13 PM »

Oh Debbra, could you rate me on eBay? No one ever does, which is why I have such a low number next to my star despite having made a number of sales there.
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »

Oh Debbra, could you rate me on eBay? No one ever does, which is why I have such a low number next to my star despite having made a number of sales there.

Done!

bluebell
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »

Thanks! Kiss
bluebell
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2011, 11:41:29 PM »

Debbra, came back to check. The one I sold you was a small.
Debbra
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2014, 09:55:21 PM »

I had my Rope N Go harnesses on the boys today at Pawlooza and Judy commented about it in one of the facebook pics - I'll post them here soon, I promise!! - so thought I'd bump up the thread.   They are great.  I don't use everyday but love it for something like today where at times I want to be able to keep Max (and now Oscar) close to me.  Grabbing the loop is so much more convenient and easier on the hand then rolling up a longer leash or wrapping around your hand. 

darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2014, 11:11:56 PM »

I still use mine on Darwin routinely and gets lots of comments on it.

Freedom (Sandie)
Methuen, MA, USA
Super G.O.D.

Methuen, MA, USA

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2014, 09:34:55 AM »

Hey, that is great news from both of you!

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: