Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
March 27, 2017, 09:36:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Must Haves IMO: Joan Briggs' Bichon Frise books  (Read 12611 times)
Sarahcat

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 12:24:03 AM »

I must agree with you - these books are the best!  thumbup In fact, reading them help to encourage me to get my second bichon. It's been awhile, I may just have to dig them out and reread them - again!   nodding

Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 05:40:55 AM »

Love word  Joans books  cheerleader Ive read them all  three times thumbup I do hope she writes some more
Jeanniebean
NOVICE

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 06:33:48 AM »

I have a copy of Joan Briggs last book ( and understand she is NOT going to write any more).  It's called "The 5th Bichon" and it was given to me by a good friend along with some other "Bichon"-related stuff to sell to raise money for Toby's cataract op. Sadly it never sold. If anyone would like it I will post it to them.

marilyn
GURU

mummys gawjus puppys

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 09:56:03 AM »

me me me me me please
Jeanniebean
NOVICE

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »

First come - first served  LOL!. PM me your address and it will be on its way. thumbsup

barofgold (Paula)
Paula, owned by Louis and Coco in the UK
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »

I've read all Joans books and loved them, some of mine are still winging their way around the World I believe.  Sad that she won't be writing another.

Thank you Del Smiley
pam
ENTHUSIAST

bichons rule

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 05:41:32 PM »

I enjoyed them as well.  Passed mine to Sandrra if I remember correctly.
Pam

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 01:04:20 AM »

I have just come across this thread and think these books look fabulous! I am trying to figure how much $120 US dollars would be in NZ dollars and how much they would cost to order from the Uk to get to NZ  frustrated
All those newies who havent seen Ed reading a goodnite story to Bianca should take a look. So very sweet! Kiss

kate1064
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 04:15:29 AM »

Lorraine i dont read books but Lainey gave me a loan of her Joan Briggs books a few years ago.

They are really good, i loved reading about how she got her first bichon and all the lovely walks they went on. Then she was bitten by the bichon bug and one was not enough, then they got involved in rescue. I could just picture some of the things happening and visited their website and read about their fluffs there  thumbup
They make you  Laughing  thinking and  crybaby
EDDEL
Bichon Besotted Mom!
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

living in sunny SINGAPORE!

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »

This was a walk down memory lane blush....... can't believe I first posted this in 2005!

Lorraine, you can use this website arrow www.xe.com to do currency conversion .  US$120 is about NZ$170.  It would be money well-spent IMO blush.  Derek & Joan Briggs do a lot for Bichon Frise Rescue in the U.K. U.K..  The books have many stories about the rescues fluff that go through their doors.  You'll also learn how Chas fluff (bless him, now at Rainbow Bridge angel) does home-checks of potential adopters.

I said in Susan's/Missy's fluff Mother's Day present thread that I don't buy books anymore (ie. fiction / non-fiction books).  But I buy Bichon books and will nodding keep them for eternity.  Bianca has read has been read to wink1.... the last book in the series. thumbsup  She enjoys a good bedtime Bichon book story!

Amiodbastera

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 04:46:55 PM »

These books must be wety interestin but my parents aren't allow me to buy these books Sad
Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »

These books must be wety interestin but my parents aren't allow me to buy these books Sad

They are story books written by the lady who owns the Bichons that feature in the stories and yes they are brilliant,  thumbup I have read all of them.   nodding It's a shame your parents wont let you buy them  sad maybe if any member's has any of them they have finished with they might send you them  thinking
BellasMommy (Kelly)
ENTHUSIAST

City Girl Living in the Suburbs

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 01:40:48 PM »

I wonder if many of you know of Joan Briggs' series of Bichon Frise books?

arrow These are not your typical "ABOUT THE BICHON FRISE" book, what with history, standard, grooming et al.
icon12 These are heartwarming stories about 4 Bichons who took over Joan & Derek's lives (as you would expect Bichons to....)
 icon12 These are moving chronicles that anyone *owned* by a Bichon will identify with.

Inspired by Miss Abigail (who has since gone to the Rainbow Bridge), Joan released the first (in an expanding series of) Bichon Frise book(s) in 1996.? If you're as besotted about the breed in general and about your own Bichon as I am, you'll love Joan's books.? Filled with love, humor and sensitivity, these Bichon Frise books ~ 8 to-date! ~ will bring smiles (some chuckles too!) and perhaps tears.? Treat yourself and order one (you gotta start with BOOK #1 THE BICHON BUG) today... call it an early Christmas present *wink*

I have all 8 books btw.... I have read them all and love every single one of them.? Some books I have read thrice over.

If & when you do order the books, and enjoy them, tell other (Bichon) friends about it original
 angel 10% of THE BICHON BUG's cover price is donated to Bichon Frise Rescue in the UK (in memory of Miss Abigail)

Visit the Briggs' website for order information.?

Click on button above.

I had the read The Bichon Bug and absolutely LOVED it.  This post reminded me to order more - books 2 and 3 are on their way.  Can't wait!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: